Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body Gear money dead riot Superpele ghoul daryl hunk boom power Ryse mandalorian marvel Mask commonwealth khan vault wolfenstein NPCs gauss Overhaul machine Call boomers Reforged
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 6:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Alixen wrote:
Commander Wolffe wrote:
@Alixen
The community's activity also dwindled due to how Fallout 4 turned out to be less than desired, let alone with the release of Fallout 76.

Yeah, honestly that's my main (light) concern really. The brand really has taken a nasty beating over the last few years, and it's looking to be around a decade until the next entry. Maybe we could look at Cyberpunk in articles as it's release draws nearer? Starfield will hopefully be something be can also use as a springboard as it aligns pretty nicely with the scifi interest a lot of posters and modders alike here share.

Personally, I was always really suprised that Skyrim never took off here. Even though GUN IS Fallout focused, the modding scenes overlap quite a bit and Skyrim modding is pretty much the biggest modding scene. Hopefully Cyberpunk is mod-friendly, though as that would most definitely attract newcomers

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 8:52 am

Personally, I feel like Skyrim never really "took off" here because while there is some overlap. There isn't much to port over to Skyrim other than armor mods really, and eventually you run out of things to port that can fit. Fallout is lot more forgiving with what ends up looking good in-game in that sense.

On top of that, there are a lot of people that just don't like Elder Scrolls that much. I've played a good bit of the elder scrolls games, but I always go back to Fallout. It's just my default, and I assume that's similar for a lot of people here. Skyrim just doesn't hit the same feelings that Fallout does.

(also I cant stand the majority of the Skyrim modding scene. Too many skimpy armor mods for the sake of skimpy armor. Too many bland, dialog-less anime waifu companion mods. I know that's not all of it, but it's a good majority of it and it's just personally not my taste)

Also. I'm not going to lie, but I don't entirely understand this statement.
"So with this we've decided to lock off the entire Colonial section, the colonials special access will be lifted and the mod creators will be able to decide for themselves to let their mods be locked off or put out for every member to access."

So the colonial rank is gone? Or the wall behind mods is gone? And what exactly has happened to the roles? I read another post saying that the new ones were down below but I don't understand the meaning of them at this point. Basically, I don't know how my role has changed, what I've gained or lost access to, or really what it means, and I've read over it a few times. Maybe I'm just misreading it but if anyone could clarify the new role meaning a bit that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 2:49 pm

@TastyHands well fallout 4 is just armours and guns and big boob mods.
Ocassionally Skyrim brings out good stuff more frequent than Fallout 4 has, true I'm sick of the dialogue less companions.

Yet I always look at new medieval games and think boy this would be great to have in Skyrim.
As I had hoped to see more Dark Souls/Witcher stuff incorperated in Skyrim.

As for the Colonial rank as I've said in this topic before: The wall behind the mods is gone, it's up to the modders if they want to release them publicly or not.
The rank is there as a title as the rest are with exceptions to Paladin, Purple Hearts and Overseer.

@Alixen I hope Cyberpunk will give the modding scene a new playground to go around with, but that remains to be seen.
Seeing as Starfield runs on basically the same engine as the Fallout/Elder Scrolls it could be moddable.
Yet as I noticed with Fallout 4 it could be they're going to hinder us in the process.
F4 required a basic few things for mods to work, which if I recall wasn't present with NV.

Maybe with the steam release of The Outer World we might see mods coming out for that too.
Back to top Go down
Chr1s0g

Chr1s0g

Character sheet
Name: Chris
Faction: None
Level: 0

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:10 pm

I respect the decision of the staff i feel the Colonial rank was abused far too much as it was with downloads of gun stuff showing up all over the place against modders wishes. In the End of the day respect the modders an they will keep modding an releasing. I for one never uploaded any mods here as ive seen other peoples work get abused Smile

Back to top Go down
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Chr1s0g wrote:
I respect the decision of the staff i feel the Colonial rank was abused far too much as it was with downloads of gun stuff showing up all over the place against modders wishes. In the End of the day respect the modders an they will keep modding an releasing. I for one never uploaded any mods here as ive seen other peoples work get abused Smile

I think that was more the case with a few people getting angry and "mod-dumping' before leaving the site rather than a bunch of people slowly leaking mods.

Chr1s0g

Character sheet
Name: Chris
Faction: None
Level: 0

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Arcades wrote:
Chr1s0g wrote:

I think that was more the case with a few people getting angry and "mod-dumping' before leaving the site rather than a bunch of people slowly leaking mods.

That was not my understanding of it as ive been approached many times from people that are not from GUN to leak things when Mod piracy was a thing they even had a shopping list of sorts. Anyways that dont matter now really good day to you Smile
Back to top Go down
WAREZ

WAREZ

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 am

Wait so there is no more private mods section? and where is the invite link for the discord?

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 7:09 am

Wow. Real life hit me hard these last couple of months and I completely missed these huge changes.
I'm a bit sad to see Colonial go (as it was) but I definitely see where staff is coming from. (I miss the old color for my name, haha) Too many folks came along only for that and not for the community.

The rep change is also a mixed one, but anything to make staff's job easier is important, I was an admin back in the day for a (much smaller) forum and it was terrible.

Been here since 2014 and I don't see any reason to leave. This place is so welcoming and friendly compared to other forums and I have many fond memories here. Hopefully the modding scene can pick up more when titles like Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls come out? I know I'll try to return to my old projects when life lets me.

[WIP][FO4] Halo: Covenant Armory

XPS 9560: 32GB RAM, i7, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, Akitio Node Pro w/ RTX 2080 TI FE
DanCase A4 V4.1: 32GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RAM, Ryzen 3800x, RTX 2080 TI FE, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, 4TB WD Blue.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 am

@Warez yes there is no more private section as explained in the first post and if you had looked further in the new section you would've found this https://www.gunetwork.org/t20311-the-gun-discord-channel
Back to top Go down
erafox

erafox

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: GUN
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 am

Changes are hard ... also as a modder with some on public and other on private dont know if this is good desition

No only colonial im also come from f3underground forums ...

its true i came for the mods but im stay for the community ... feel kinda sad with this, also cant see the future on this

Basically you say theres going to be some changes but dont give detailed info ...

Back to top Go down
Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Interesting, the site has changed a bit since I was last on here, I wonder how this will affect the site in the long run. There probably won't be another big injection of users on here until the next singleplayer Fallout game.

danbrother

danbrother

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Though I rarely come here - I don't really play Fallout that much - but it's very sad to see this site slowly fading away... It brings so many memories of the good old modding days, communicating and cooperating with other modders, bringing some beauty to the game which modders liked more then the developers.
But I believe that if the new Fallout game comes out and it's not another F76, this site and community will rise like a phoenix! Hope to see those days sooner then later!

Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 5:05 am

Not sure where else to ask this, so I will do so here:
I haven't been here for a while, and I noticed some changes. Have the "GUN Exclusive" Mods been merged with the public ones, or have they been further hidden away?

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 4:05 pm

I think, all mods of private section have been hidden; for example there is not a single one of the 31 dtragbody packs aviable.. And the current public mods are the same that were available a long time ago in the public section.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 am

Wow I have not been able to fully get back on my feet, I had moved from Florida back to Louisiana after not being able to keep my house... So technically I'm kinda homeless living with my inlaws... But I am currently working over nights as a Security Officer and just was able to get my personal computer back up and running. My time is still not what is was due to other issues going on but enough about me.
I still love the Gun Community and still want to see it strive and grow and do well. I miss the friends I made on here and wish only the best. I hope the changes implemented work out. I liked how Gun was and is still unique with some of the best Modders and Mods around. Good Luck to everyone and when I am able to I hope to be back on here a hell of a lot more!

tarkerim

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 pm

It's good to know, I didn't know that people could do this with such a friendly community. I hope the people who shared the private mods have suffered their deserved punishment
Back to top Go down
Reanimator

Reanimator

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 6:37 pm

I hope these changes will be for the better ... I wonder if there is some meaning in this? Or is it a carrot for the donkey? What is there for private mods? How interesting are they to strive to access them? Are there many of them?
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:45 pm

From what I remember, there were not that many private mods, and not that many that I would personally download. It was more of a place for people to host exclusive mods they didn't want anyone who wasn't a regular to access. Personally, I think that was a mistake, as I would love GUN to become a good alternative to nexus for hosting mods, but in it's current state, it tends to not be attractive towards attracting newer members. I agree with the decision to keep users from downloading mods until they have been promoted, and respect the wishes of people who do not want to see their mods hosted or linked outside of GUN, but to the common internet user, it gives off a sense of elitism, which seems to be the most used argument against this site I tend to see. True or not, it effects traffic
Regardless, is there any way for people who have sufficient membership to see the hidden mods?

Zman98

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:23 pm

So how does someone get promoted?
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 pm

They don’t.

There are no more promotions as per the original post.

Member groups are based off of post count and have no impact on what mods are available

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next