Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead wolfenstein riot khan marvel boom Mask vault commonwealth Gear gauss machine money NPCs Ryse mandalorian power Reforged daryl boomers body ghoul Superpele Call Overhaul hunk
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 11:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Today at 1:33 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:08 pm

It’s a little depressing since I’ll never have a chance to earn access to the private section and obtain Colonial. Most people I see who are fine with it already had access to it at some point of their time here. Been active since November and took a small break due to Boot Camp for the USAF. I know that Colonial wasn’t much but it was something to work towards and get excited about. I’ll still be active and post regularly, there’s not many places out there where you can have Fallout discussions lol. Just to me it seems like that perspective is missing. I wanted to share that side, for those who never had the chance. That the current Colonials ruined it for the potential new Colonials. I get that this is necessary and your decisions makes sense. I can tell it was a hard choice. I got complete faith in the new overhaul to the site. Hello Hats Off
Back to top Go down
Timeseeker

Timeseeker

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Light Labs
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 1:29 am

It's a shame that HTTPS broke the reputation system, but it's a small price to pay for increased security. Overall, I'd say these changes are very welcome and arguably necessary to keep GUN both relevant and functioning. I find the prospect of revising the Colonial rank particularly interesting. Good luck with all the changes fellas, hope everything goes over smoothly both implementation and community wise.

jetpack4

jetpack4

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Ah, shame really. Im sure this is for the best in the long run however and that the site admins can think of a system that works for everybody. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 7:32 pm

So thats why i am now Blue again, just checking but has the Col status now been removed and all Cols now back to Blue? i got a tad confused about that section, and during my on and off again absence has something big happend about mod stealing? happend to me on here back in the day but im guessing some thing has happend since back then? and they all sound like fair points that i can stand behind and cant knock, also has the option of ranked releases been removed? cause so far i have only been able to post for public, i dont mind but after that issue i had back in the day with my Wolfenstein armor some times i would rather just put them behind a ranked wall.

P.S i miss my rep on my profile Sad dis boi reight er had triple digets yo! shiettttt

Last edited by Ashi Itachi on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Aye, I've seen links posted that are "<Name's> Pack of GUN mods" on a few modding Discords, so I'm assuming it's that issue.

However, with a lot of modders moving 100% behind Patreon walls, there's going to be fun issues (and possibly legal if Bethesda gets annoyed enough.)
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Some of these changes are a shame, but necessary.

IMO changing the colonial status was a good thing. So many newcomers gave up before even trying to be a part of the community just for that chance they might be able to gain access to the private mod section. I'll admit I was one of those people so long ago, hoping that maybe one day I'll get access to those private mods myself.

For the time the private section worked, but I just think at this point it's redundant. There hasn't been really anything new added to it in months, maybe years, and mods that were once there that made the section worth it to gain access to have already gone public, not to mention a lot of the mods that are still there have broken links now.

Also I'm not trying to give out names here, but the wave of new users arriving just for mods was becoming a problem I think. I mean I got insulted once by a relatively new user just because I don't make mods for Fallout 4 lol.

With all that said, I'll miss the reputation system and that old green name, but this blue one is rather snazzy.

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 4:59 am

Wow is that why my name is blue? Er... what does that mean i am?

Sounds like these changes are for the best though, i do hope the mods that were annouced to be public - stay public :c

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 am

@blahblahblah If i recall blue just means that you posted over a certain number of posts, as for our old Col ranks we once had, god knows as seems alot of Cols was demoted before the recent update 0.o
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 5:59 am

@blahblahblah it means you've reached the Paragon rank which is achieved now once reaching 250 posts, after that you will regain the title (it's only a title now) Colonial.

@AshTheDefiler
Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F028%2F596%2FdsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg

Nobody got demoted before the update, technically speaking nobody got demoted.
Colonial is now a title you can achieve after the Paragon rank.
Due to most people not being at the post requirement for it, most people haven't gotten that title.
You already have the title yet blue trumps cyan at the moment, which I will see if I can fix that.

As for the mod leaks they've been going on for numerous of years, it was nothing new sadly it's an unending battle.

To everyone who is not aware of it on the main page, all the way at the bottom you will see all the ranks displayed including their colours.

Last edited by Commander Wolffe on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 am

Commander Wolffe wrote:
@blahblahblah[color=#FF9933] it means you've reached the Paragon rank which is achieved now once reaching 250 posts, after that you will regain the title (it's only a title now) Colonial.

To everyone who is not aware of it on the main page, all the way at the bottom you will see all the ranks displayed including their colours.

Thank you for the information Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 1f600

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 am

I have changed the ranking order so that Colonial is a higher rank than Paragon so once again some people are flashing it's colour.

The final step above that is Hotliners but that has a post count of 2000, but that's only a rank a few people have reached.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am

@Commander Wolffe Sweet nice one! cheers for the info dude. Thumbs Up

P.S just a tip, if you want people to rejoin the GUN chat again (even though now every one is on discord) just remove the latest barrier you cant see who is in chat till they join, i know its gone quiet of late on here but nothing beats the old days of logging on and seeing all your mates in chat and rushing to join it, wont happen over night but be cool if that chat box was filled up again with names before you join it, miss my bros from them days.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 5:57 pm

@AshTheDefiler You're most welcome, I've looked at the chatbox and I am fairly certain that's something that has been put in by forumotion itself.
I can't turn off that barrier so I think that's something we're going to be stuck with that.

The discord link hasn't been made public yet.

Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 2:54 am

Based on what I've read here this seems like a good job in the right direction. Hopefully this incentivizes a greater investment, and I also missed the contests. Those were fun to spectate.
Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Still intresting news, it is shame that https system broke down, but as @Timeseeker said it is a small price for better security system.

Although congratulations for those new Overseers, and have a word to say about recent updates.

I still believe that the GUN is place for honest, well decent persons who respect author's rights for mods, and that doesn't mean that some ppl can do whatever they want (in context upload mods on Nexus or any other website without author's agreement or permission).

I hope and pray, that GUN will be resurrected as well, and will be properous once again.

Because GUN power - is kind, decent, good, and btw friendly community which is a beating heart for any other community.

Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
klaatu27

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:07 am

I've been in the gun for a few years being colonial, and what I liked about that rank was the recognition of being an active member. It is true that there were very interesting mods in the private section, but the public launch section in my opinion was much better (mod content), and I think each author should say if they want to share their work or not.
Anyway, I wouldnt like new users lose interest in posting because there is no reward, I really like this community and read the opinions of any topic in the forum, for me the beginning was difficult because my native language isnt the English but I adapt, I always try to comment. THANKS GUNNERS !!!!!

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 pm

A bittersweet surprise I hope in the long run helps the community grow. On the upside hand pretty blue name, hopefully less pressure on newbies to post to a certain standard and thus less intimidation factor, and I'll admit that Restricted Mods had slowed down to the point it took me noticing my name color to realise something had changed. I barely play anything but 76 at the moment, and fell out of love of Star Wars which amusingly seemed to make up the lions share of those mods, so haven't really checked that section for a long while.

On the downside, it does feel like a mass demotion on the basis of a massive loss of trust in the userbase/by another name, and I can't help but feel the smallest sting at that since I've been around since 2014, even if I don't post all that much (It's not GUN, I'm just not a big talker, I prefer to read threads and only speak if I have something to say). There is also a chance that the 'situation' will worsen, because people don't even have to pretend to be interested in the community to access public mods, so if anything we might end up with even less new blood with even less incentive to stick around.

Let's be honest; those of us who are still here are here for the community (I think 6 years is enough for me to say that without it seeming disingenuous), but very few people find that community organically and generally came because they heard there were some super cool gated mods. Or to put it another way; people didn't come here for the community, but stayed because the community is better than just having mod access, as some on the thread have noted. We aren't elsewhere, the official Bethesda forums, or NMA. GUN doesn't even turn up when you Google for 'Fallout forum' for me. If the goal is for there to be new blood, who want to stay simply because they want to stay, it would help if potential members knew we existed for any other reason than they saw a mod on Youtube.

I'm just wondering if there are any ideas for advertising/getting us out there? Because I'm low key concerned that all this will do longterm is mean even less new members while old ones trickle away as they already were. Low key because ultimately the community we have will hopefully endure, even if I'm not and never will be incredibly active I don't plan on leaving because when I do post I can have an actual discussion here and read well thought out responses/topics), so while a shame it isn't the end of the world if not much changes growth wise.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:53 am

@Alixen true the mods drew in a lot of people, but people came here mostly misinformed.

A lot of people think the colonial section was the Valhalla of mods, this lead to bad blood with some people thinking we where an elitist group catering to the ones willing to bow to our every whim.

It also attracted mod leakers who came to steal those mods and release them to other people against the wishes of the original mod makers.

People like Juicehead absolutely did not help with the situation spewing nonsense about Illegal mods, which draws the wrong kind of attention to our community.

As for advertising gun to the outside, we have a youtube channel, which is currently quiet due to lack of people willing to work for it.
We did some interviews with outside mod projects which also was an indirect advertisement for both parties.

The community's activity also dwindled due to how Fallout 4 turned out to be less than desired, let alone with the release of Fallout 76.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 2:59 am

Hmm, understandable changes. Feel bad that I've not posted in a while

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 7:05 am

Commander Wolffe wrote:
@Alixen
The community's activity also dwindled due to how Fallout 4 turned out to be less than desired, let alone with the release of Fallout 76.

Yeah, honestly that's my main (light) concern really. The brand really has taken a nasty beating over the last few years, and it's looking to be around a decade until the next entry. Maybe we could look at Cyberpunk in articles as it's release draws nearer? Starfield will hopefully be something be can also use as a springboard as it aligns pretty nicely with the scifi interest a lot of posters and modders alike here share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: The Winds of Change   Announcement: The Winds of Change - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement: The Winds of Change

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next