Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead boomers hunk Mask marvel machine Superpele money ghoul gauss vault NPCs body wolfenstein riot Call mandalorian Gear khan Ryse power daryl Reforged Overhaul commonwealth boom
Latest topics
» Starfield
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Today at 9:34 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby scrab20 Today at 9:18 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Yesterday at 3:00 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 12:12 pm

dragbody wrote:
Anyone who says anyone other than Preston is someone I don’t understand. This mother fucker practically ruined Fallout 4 single-handed. I might have enjoyed the game, but Preston woke me up and gave me the lenses through which I saw through that bullshit of a game.

LMAO, I can't and won't defend Preston and he is awful. I know some might like him, but he could easily be the worst IMO. Piper is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Almost every companion in fallout 4. I hate them all for many different reasons and as such I can't decide on which I hate the most.

The only one I don't completely hate is Nick. I like him as character and as a companion. Unlike every other companion who is annoying, stupid, annoyingly stupid, or stupidly annoying. Nick actually feels relatively balanced, the only real problem I have with him is that he's voiced by the same guy as Belathor from Skyrim, so every time he talks I keep expecting to hear him talk about selling his sister.
Back to top Go down
1A

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

@dragbody honestly he's not that bad considering you can just send him to the corner of the map and then never interact with him again. That said, the first 20 hours or so of Fallout 4 are absolutely ruined by him and the other forced settlers.
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 am

Ian? What are you doing with that SMG? Ian...Ian no! No Ian I'm standing in front of you! Ian! IAN!!!!!

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Baldie10

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Only played NV, 3, and 4 so I can only weigh in on those. I'd have to say Rex from NV. He's just bad. NV has tons of enemies that can devastate you with melee and have extremely high health pools....and Rex will charge it. Rex will charge a group of deathclaws. Sure, melee companions like Veronica will too, but they at least have weapons that can even the odds. Rex doesn't. Dogmeat will charge a group of them in 3 and 4, but he's immortal in 4 and in 3, he's god-level in late-game and can be replaced with a perk when if he dies.

Objectively, Rex is the worst. His perks aren't even really that good either.
Back to top Go down
scrab20

scrab20

Character sheet
Name: Gnae Icci Brute
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:18 pm

all of them , i never liked companions, in fallout 4 when the companion dog appeared i just ignored him and continued my way XDD, it was a little hilarious though
"Dogs barks, player passes away around him*
Back to top Go down
Monstermen

Monstermen

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

The worst companion in my experience in playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas would be probably Fawkes. I know people love Fawkes but whenever I use him, for some reason, she either goes missing completely or doesn't shoot the enemy in time before my heads blown off. Not the worse companion of course, but not my favourite. I could also say Preston Garvey but, Drags has already got that covered.

Never Be Afraid

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 G_u_n10
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 am

For some reason I have always had an irrational hatred for Deacon from FO4. I have beaten the game with every faction multiple times, except the Railroad. Almost entirely because of Deacon. What did that mod for Skyrim say? I think it was the Forgotten City? "The many will pay for the sins of the one". Well, synths will never be free and the Railroad dies every time because Deacon is an annoying POS.
Back to top Go down
RosslikesCheese

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 am

@"ImpKing64" Obviously Preston for only existing to provide the player his constant radiant quests non stop. He has no character, all he does is send the player to help settlements and do nothing in return. Him and the entirety of the Minutemen are just hoaky good guys, who only wants to help others and nothing else. The only reason he and that faction exists is mostly because of the settlement mode, which is the part of the game I would happily avoid as a whole.
Back to top Go down
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:45 am

Curie for me. Although, I like robot curie....just not person curie......I just think they take something unique, like a french sounding robot, and then just make it generic by turning her into a person.

I know....crucify me.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok101

Ragnarok101

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Having only played 3 and NV, not 4, can't comment on the latest companions, but pretty sure Butch is the worst of Fallout 3 and out of New Vegas I personally don't like Rex that much. He's not as useful in combat as ED-E and lacks the kind of story everyone's favorite Eyebot does.
Back to top Go down
CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:19 am

X6, never used him, never will. Dude is just boring. Preston at least had memes going for him.
Back to top Go down
frosteagle

frosteagle

Character sheet
Name: gabe
Faction: Botherhood
Level: 99

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 am

PRESTON GARVEY
every time I tried to give him an item he would give me a setlement thats in need of help in return and he is just anoying charator in general

I never use him in any of my later play throughs

Last edited by frosteagle on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

I hate Fawkes (The good companion in Fallout 3) because hes so OP - hes fuck up all the challenge, and you can't kill him. Hes a little interesting but i just hate him gameplay wise.

Yeah Preston Garvey is shit too

Borland

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 4:51 am

The worst companion for me is Most of fallout 4's companions. mcready I think his name is Strong ,Dogmeat , Preston. The institute Guy 
Why well there just boring and shallow. but really i hate them all. beacouse Bethesda cant Program them to MOVE OUT YOUR GODDANM WAY!! 

But yeah Fo4 companions are Boring to me. I would say Piper but she is ok I guess.

But Preston Garvey was well ...... ILL MARK IT ON YOUR MAP.....

I wish he wasn't essential...
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 11:10 am

Fallout 4's companions are far deeper than any character that Bethesda had ever written previously. They might be annoying, but they're still deeper characters than Paladin Star or the mercenary from Morrowind. Previously Bethesda had never really tried to write bioware-esque companions, not even tried. Fallout 4 was a step forward in that regard. That some of them were annoying was likely on purpose, except for Preston's "radiant quests" which were a misstep.
Back to top Go down
Sierran

Sierran

Character sheet
Name: "Trooper"
Faction: NCR
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 9:26 pm

I've always just ignored companions and did everything by myself, though I disliked Dogmeat and Rex because they're dogs and are pretty useless.

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am

Sirdanest wrote:
Fallout 4's companions are far deeper than any character that Bethesda had ever written previously.  They might be annoying, but they're still deeper characters than Paladin Star or the mercenary from Morrowind.  Previously Bethesda had never really tried to write bioware-esque companions, not even tried.  Fallout 4 was a step forward in that regard.  That some of them were annoying was likely on purpose, except for Preston's "radiant quests" which were a misstep.

Yes, FO4 definitely had way better writing than whatever FO3 had - i think they only had like a copy paste background story (besides Butch - best companion in la game) while FO4 has made them related to questlines (Not sure about that android companion doe) with their own likes and dislikes - its not bad compared to New Vegas actually

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 am

That's a hard question lol I can't just say Preston Garvey because he's not really that bad in my book. Sure the sumbitch forces quests down your throat, but the perk he gives upon maxing affinity is pretty useful for VATS users like myself. So if you have MacCready's killshot perk with Preston's perk, you're at a huge advantage now. I guess the worst companion is FO4 dogmeat. He just keeps blocking my way and doesn't really offer that much advantage as compared to the other NPCs. The charm of being able to put clothes and dog armor sure is nice at first, but the more I played Fallout 4 with dogmeat...boy I'd rather just travel alone. At least Longfellow and Gage are effective enough for Far Harbor and Nuka World respectively.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
bigfuse

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 pm

The worst companions in the entire fallout series would have to be Strong. He is the most boring creature in Fallout 4. Whenever you try to move your power armor he gets mad at you. Only if you plan on eating every human you see and shooting up Diamond city is the only time you can get him to like you and the green creature has no backstory except that he wants to find the "milk of human kindness" and still looking back at me playing Fallout 4 I don't get what the heck he means.Compared to Fallout 3 followers he might be one of the more memorable ones. But that's because Fallout 3 followers have no backstory at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Worst Companion in the entire fallout series? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next