Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan money boom vault hunk marvel Overhaul Gear boomers body Superpele NPCs dead mandalorian Call riot Ryse wolfenstein gauss Reforged ghoul power machine Mask daryl commonwealth
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby monke gaming Today at 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet
Name: Hodd Toward
Faction: NOTbethesda
Level: 69

The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:06 pm

So what is your personal worst design decision Bethesda made with fo4 I myself think that the removal of the karma system was a bad move by the developers. Because it removes a ton off choices and the story becomes more linear and straight forward

In the beginning of the playthrough when the sole survivor enters concord there should have been a choice to join the raiders and kill of the minutemen or as in the base game kill of the raiders this could have been perfect because you could from the start deicide how you want to take over the commonwealth. Note this is a just one example of how the game could have been perfect with the karma system, Only if Bethesda delayed or focused on important things in  fallout 4 it could have been their best fallout in the franchise. To be clear people I don’t hate fallout 4 I enjoyed it a ton but the game is in no way perfect, if we talk about all the fallouts games with no mods then fallout 4 is obviously the best.

Edit: I meant that you post one worst design decision  in fallout 4 but you can post more if you want to:)

Last edited by KukBuddy on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:27 pm

1. Remove all RPG elements
2. Remove ambiguous player backstory (Maybe I want to have been born in the apocalypse)
3. Railroad the player to complete quests (maybe I don't want to find Shawn)
4. Voiced protagonists
5. Only 4 conversation options
6. No skill checks (bastards...)
7. Crap endings that make no sense, you should be able to get each side to work with each other.
8. Extremely stupid faction system, who the hell am I to run the institute?
9. Every scenario requires you to fire your weapons, I dare you try to roleplay a scientist or a pacifist

Shall I keep going? lol

Moral of the story is, play FO4 as a shooter, not as an RPG.

KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Tribal Raven wrote:
2. Remove ambiguous player backstory (Maybe I want to have been born in the apocalypse)
4. Voiced protagonists
7. Crap endings that make no sense, you should be able to get each side to work with each other.
9. Every scenario requires you to fire your weapons, I dare you try to roleplay a scientist or a pacifist

Shall I keep going? lol

That’s basically fallout 4 lol

5.Hey you forgot to mention the 4 conversation options means the Same fucking thing, sarcastic yes, maybe(yes), of course the yes option and finally the bye option but it’s going to be yes in the end. Holy shit man why can’t I just say no, Jesus Christ

Last edited by KukBuddy on Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:16 pm

I think the worst is just the design itself, it looks more cartoony then it does grim and realistic.
The 10mm pistol for some reason got redesigned to look like a toy gun, and the assault rifle now looks like an oversized car muffler that is accurate as hell despite shooting a 556 round through a giant tube with no guidance.

I just dont like the game itself if im being honest, theres a lot more decisions they messed up on severely

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Eridonn wrote:
I think the worst is just the design itself, it looks more cartoony then it does grim and realistic.
The 10mm pistol for some reason got redesigned to look like a toy gun, and the assault rifle now looks like an oversized car muffler that is accurate as hell despite shooting a 556 round through a giant tube with no guidance.

I just dont like the game itself if im being honest, theres a lot more decisions they messed up on severely

I personally don’t agree with you about the game looks cartoony but I can see why you hate the 3D model designs but I personally love them they look much better than the ones from previous fallout

I don’t really think fallout 4 is a bad game i enjoyed it but I definitely think it’s a terribly fallout game.
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Code:

There are skill checks, in the USS Constitution, I think 4 in total, but they are there, and only show up if you have high enough skill for them to appear.

But the rest, and lack of more, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 9:29 pm

@McKaby but only four? That’s worse than I thought

lordniti2

lordniti2

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 9:12 am

Tribal Raven wrote:
4. Voiced protagonists

Shall I keep going? lol

This I most certainly agree, Fallout 4 is fun but there's so much missing from it, hopefully Fallout 5 corrects these mistakes.

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

@ KukBuddy (Original Post)

I think the fact that they oversimplified Fallout 4 is what makes it the weakest in the 3D Fallout series. I personally think that if they removed your attributes (S.P.E.C.I.A.L), instead of removing skills, like they did in Skyrim, it would of made for a much better experience in terms of character build.

Plus, the limited dialogue options are something that completely go against Bethesda's design, and is something that would be more in place in a Bioware game, rather than a Bethesda game. I think Bethesda shined best in the roleplay department when it came to your options in Fallout 3. Skyrim is a close second too.

But the biggest criticism I have, is the settlement building system. Holy crap that is by far the worst sandbox style system I have ever worked with, and this is coming from someone who has played games like The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Minecraft. I think it's even worse since I'm used to the precision of the creation kit. Which the settlement system really lacked, precision.

Those are the top three that come to my mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:29 am

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:
@ KukBuddy (Original Post)

I think the fact that they oversimplified Fallout 4 is what makes it the weakest in the 3D Fallout series. I personally think that if they removed your attributes (S.P.E.C.I.A.L), instead of removing skills, like they did in Skyrim, it would of made for a much better experience in terms of character build.

Plus, the limited dialogue options are something that completely go against Bethesda's design, and is something that would be more in place in a Bioware game, rather than a Bethesda game. I think Bethesda shined best in the roleplay department when it came to your options in Fallout 3. Skyrim is a close second too.

But the biggest criticism I have, is the settlement building system. Holy crap that is by far the worst sandbox style system I have ever worked with, and this is coming from someone who has played games like The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Minecraft. I think it's even worse since I'm used to the precision of the creation kit. Which the settlement system really lacked, precision.

Those are the top three that come to my mind. Smile

Yeah I agree with most of your points but you don’t like the settlement system really, I fucking love the settlement system and crafting I know it’s not perfect I used a lot of glitches when building because I’m on ps4 but on pc there are some mods that fixes it

It’s also really fun to collect junk and break them down for materials
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 am

@ KukBuddy

Yeah one of these days I'm going to have to look into fixing those problems with some mods. Hopefully that'll improve my experience. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:40 am

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:
@ KukBuddy

Yeah one of these days I'm going to have to look into fixing those problems with some mods. Hopefully that'll improve my experience. Thumbs Up

Hey I can fix it for you man Joy Dance  going to link some mods in this post

Place everywhere
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424

Scrap Everything
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5320

Homemaker
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478

Oc Decorator
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4270

Sim Settlement
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872

Creative Clutter
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23773

All settlement extended
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25316

Last edited by KukBuddy on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:42 am

@ KukBuddy

Why thank you very much for sending some mods my way! Thank you very much! I'll be sure to look at these once I get the chance! cheers
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 am

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:
@ KukBuddy

Why thank you very much for sending some mods my way! Thank you very much! I'll be sure to look at these once I get the chance! cheers

No problem man <3 I will update the list because I know about some more amazing mods but I can’t remember the names. I haven’t played fallout 4 so much on my pc because it is shit but I have tested all the mods I linked.

I might link some ps4 mods because I own the game on both platforms and the ps4 mods are different than pc

If you really like fallout 4 I would recommend you search on google fallout 4 creation club mod piracy there you can get the creation club stuff for free, there exists some great settlement mods
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Add to that, King Gath's "Workshop Framework" and "Workshop Plus" are 2 biggies that are needed, I can't remember which one it is, but it allows for you to "fly" in workshop mode.

That's how I've done my "outdoor" builds, before I just gave up and went RoTC all the way.

I've still got a bunch of settlement mods that I use, I have a few videos of some older builds that I have done on my YT channel that are hidden.
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:47 pm

McKaby wrote:
Add to that, King Gath's "Workshop Framework" and "Workshop Plus" are 2 biggies that are needed, I can't remember which one it is, but it allows for you to "fly" in workshop mode.

That's how I've done my "outdoor" builds, before I just gave up and went RoTC all the way.

I've still got a bunch of settlement mods that I use, I have a few videos of some older builds that I have done on my YT channel that are hidden.

I am going to check out the mods tomorrow I am going to sleep Now but about flying in workshop mod, it’s cool but I am all for immersion when I play and it breaks it

But going to add it in my list anyways if someone else is interested
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 6:51 pm

@"Tribal Raven" So, let me disagree here.

1. Remove all RPG elements:
I don't agree they removed ALL the elements. They certainly removed some of them and made the whole thing simpler, but plenty is still there. You make the character you want. You engage the Commonwealth in the way you want. Skills are gone but the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system and perks are still there.

Now granted, a hardcore RPG fan might want some more depth, but it's not like it became COD.

2. Remove ambiguous player backstory (Maybe I want to have been born in the apocalypse):
OK, but what previous Bethesda game does give you that? Maybe I didn't want to be a Courier in NV; Maybe I wanted to be mercenary or a traveler. Maybe I didn't want to be some guy crossing the border and getting captured in TESV. Stories need some starting point.

3. Railroad the player to complete quests (maybe I don't want to find Shawn):
Fair enough, but again, Maybe I don't want to find my almost killer and the platinum chip he stole from me? Maybe I don't want to find the dragon that destroyed that town where I was supposed to be executed? Maybe I don't want to deliver the amulet to Joffrey or find the heir to the throne? Unless you want no story what so ever, there's got to be something the protagonist wants to accomplish, even in an open world RPG.

4. Voiced protagonists: This one I think I disagree with the most. I did like the voice protagonist quite a lot. I would've like several different options for the voice though.

5. Only 4 conversation options: Yep this one does ring pretty true for me.

6. No skill checks (bastards...):
This one... I honestly didn't mind. I think this makes more sense if you're a hardcore RPG fan.

7. Crap endings that make no sense, you should be able to get each side to work with each other:
I agree that the endings could be better, but how do you propose making the factions work with each other? The BOS wants all synths destroyed. The Railroad is dedicated to saving them and integrating them to society. The institute thinks they're no different from a toaster and sees them as their rightful property. How could those three ideologies work together?

The father/mother of the guy who currently runs it. I mean I agree you're probably not qualified to do it, but is nepotism that unbelievable? Plus, that's pretty recurring in Bethesda's games. In TES you can run the Mage's guild (or equivalent) even though you basically just joined and even if your magical skills are close to 0.

9. Every scenario requires you to fire your weapons, I dare you try to roleplay a scientist or a pacifist:
Fair enough but again, did previous titles allowed you to roleplay as a pacifist? Can the courier, or the dragonborn, or the lone wanderer, or the champion of cyrodill be a pacifist? Bethesda games are geared towards combat, as most games are.

@"KukBuddy" To me, the dialogue system really took a hit. Is the one thing where I think other titles definitely did it better.

cowboy
Back to top Go down
Ispwich 2.0

Ispwich 2.0

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 9:09 pm

The textures ,removal of certain guns and certain armor , Removal of Pip boy 3000. I HATE THE TEXTURES they were so bad. F3 textures were better.
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:46 am

Ispwich 2.0 wrote:
The textures ,removal of certain guns and certain armor , Removal of Pip boy 3000. I HATE THE TEXTURES they were so bad. F3 textures were better.

I think you mean the 3D models? because the textures where horrible and low resolution in fo3

But I don’t agree with you about the models looking bad I personally love them in fallout 4 and the removal of pip boy 3000 was fine for me because it was refreshing with a new pip boy

Last edited by KukBuddy on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 1:24 am

All the retcons man......just all the retcons and of course normal Beth laziness AND no Centaurs!!!! lol

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4   The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Design Decision In Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next