Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
power hunk boom ghoul Gear mandalorian machine Call money khan gauss Ryse body wolfenstein boomers Superpele riot vault marvel Reforged dead Overhaul NPCs Mask commonwealth daryl
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Today at 3:00 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fеll

Fеll

Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Sirdanest wrote:

Basically I sigh every time someone uses "SJW" as a pejorative, especially on a site where people are generally civil.  I'm a social justice warrior, or, at least, a social justice cheerleader, left politically, and damned proud of it.  
I mean, seriously, raging at black characters in star wars?  

I never mentioned 'sjw'. You did. I checked all the posts and you're the first to bring up any association between ethnicity/race/sex of characters having anything to do with the hatred the movie has earned.

This is rather common of the SJW crowd. Frankly the movie was shit. Just like Ghostbusters remake, and surprise the cast was mostly white, how interesting that the race of the cast doesn't determine whether or not the movie sucks, it usually the result of the writers, directors and to a lesser extent, the producers and any actor shenanigans.

The makers of the movie did set out to make a film with very prominent themes/political beliefs with cast included. They didn't set out to make a shitty movie, but it was almost guaranteed to happen, especially in the age of remakes.

The black guy in the terrible Disney movie was 'there' (present during movie) at absolute best. The 'deepest' character present would likely be the antagonist, simply because he seems to display/express more than simply staring off into the distance (&/or while panting). In the case of the antagonist it was the quite out of place tantrum, but still.

So basically, they had a hollow shell Han solo's replacement, with no character development (and no name that I can remember), aside from not dying while having a duel (another thing wrong, these Disney characters all instinctively know how to do EVERYTHING).

Liberal is one thing, but when Disney is trying so hard to drive their political agenda that it all just comes across as distasteful and pretenious.
- Female Luke Skywalker is a master (no training required, SIMPLY IS ONE, somehow {strong capable woman 'cough' Hollywood theme 'cough'}). She JUST KNOWS how to fly any ship as soon as it enters her line of sight. Then there is the Yoda/Ben Kenobi hybrid, as some creature in a bar.

There were many other things ranging from 'wrong' to 'very wrong' with the movie:
- space Nazis (first order with the stupid storm trooper costumes).
- Super [Deathstar] weapon.
- passing through the shield without becoming a crater.
- much much more (spent enough time with this).
- (lesser) - One storm trooper (black han solo) just suddenly exhibits some near-PTSD slow-time moment as he casually observes everything around him....wtf? Its nothing like Saving private Ryan, with arms being blown off, then recovered by their owners, screaming and chaos. Only one instance of blood is ever observed with someone messing around with a blood bag before smearing it on traitor-trooper's helmet.

Some aspects of star wars were regarded with "well, I suppose lightsabers could be theoretically possible.."

But with that scene with the super [really-not-a-deathstar] weapon whose beam splits after travelling a certain distance.... nope. Which basically is the Disney team admitting that they don't care, and will not bother trying.

In other words, it was shit like the other remake ghost busters, but was arguably equal to if not worse than that.

One family member told me "Well, maybe we just need to give the movie another try.." (after the second time watching the movie).
Just accept that its shit, and it'll still be shit 2 days later.

So to sum it up:
Most movies suck (especially those produced after 2000 {I have seen many of those, but cannot speak to many of those made earlier than the 90's}). That is not to say that all movies made before then were great (it wasn't always the case), some were bad or really, really weird bordering on comical for its oddness (The Swimmer, about some guy only ever seen wearing a swimsuit as he wanders in a neighborhood to different stranger's swimming pools, {not all all creepy} while everyone around him grows older).

The Disney Star Wars movies & Ghost busters remake (might as well include that) would be equivalent to the worst of Adam Sandler movies going full retard.

Last edited by Fеll on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Responding to earlier posts)
Back to top Go down
huythong123

huythong123

Character sheet
Name: Mark
Faction: NCR (because i like them)
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 am

my most hated character in star wars is jabba because he an asshole
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 3:56 am

Probably would have to be darth maul. I just dont like him, he's a douchebag that killed my first favorite character.

Damianwolff

Character sheet
Name: Mit Boston
Faction: Pre-War MIT
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 4:59 am

It's kind of funny. I loved Padme in Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones (I actually love the first film and am okay with the second one), but was thoroughly dissappointed in her in Revenge of the Sith. It was a different and very passive character.

And I'll have to jump on the bandwagon on the topic of Disney Star Wars characters.
I thoroughly dislike Rei for attempting to both play the "hero's quest" trope straight and to subvert it, and failing at both due to writer's lack of dedication to either.

But even moreso I HATE Hux.

To me, HE is the sole character who could have elevated these new series from day one. The new face of the Evil side. For everything else in the film to work, he needed to be "The Threat of the First Order" personified. Diligence, deadliness, stoicism, discipline, a human military leader to a human military organization.

Had he been made proper, a true threat, everything else, EVEN Rei, would have worked or would have to be scratched out of the script.

Against such an opponent, Rei's OP status could be made to work. Besides such a character, Kylo Ren would feel more balanced.

The films would work tenfold better, if we simply had a proper active villain, that was a legitimate threat to the at times OP heroes.
Back to top Go down
Ken Casey

Ken Casey

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 am

lol! Almost all for the people here hate jar jar and i hate jar jar too.
Back to top Go down
Vergilius

Vergilius

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Atris from KOTOR II is who comes off of the top of my head, arrogant, hypocritical, over confident etc etc. She perfectly represents the worst of the Jedi by far and makes a Dark Side playthrough that much more satisfying. I've always been an edgelord and leaned more to the Sith when it came to Star Wars so Atris was definitely obnoxious when I wasn't enjoying being a sarcastic dick right back to her. And I'm not just saying that because she refuses to give you back your old lightsaber... frigid bitch...
All jokes aside hate may be a strong word, maybe "love to hate". It's hard to truly hate anything from what's probably my favourite game of all time tied with New Vegas and MGS3. Still she makes a good hate sink to give the old force lightning electro-shock treatment to. Laugh Out Loud

commissar197

Character sheet
Name: Mikalov Ybma
Faction: Minuteman Empire
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 am

I hate R2 and C3P0, I never see how anyone likes them

Vergilius

Vergilius

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm completely indifferent to the pair honestly. They have their moments but I've never grown super attached to either and I've never really been annoyed by them either. Maybe it's just because most of my interest in Star Wars lies outside of the movies themselves/the OT period (unless it's after movie stuff like Jedi Knight). I'll happily take T3 and HK over R2 and 3PO either way. Wink

aka_Moonlight

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Hehe, those pinguins from episode 7 made me crazy like evokes in the past! And maybe Padme a bit. Because it's all her fault.
Of curse, from the new episodes of SW (7th and 8th) i dislike several more characters but it's just because they not good old heroes and i don't like the actors who play them. No, i'm not rasist but just... you maybe know that feeling...

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Corvo wrote:
Jar Jar Binks
Spoiler:
slimy fuck ruined the prequels

He would be my most hated character. I can't see why he was there except for the possibility of opening toy options. He didn't contribute anything except distracting the movie.

There are many characters I hate, for one reason or another. However, they are part of the series and have a purpose. They are what makes Star Wars move and shake and be. Jar Jar is nothing but a marketing ploy not contributing meaningfully in a world that otherwise was very carefully crafted.

Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:41 am

I kinda dislike General Hux, cos he's kind of a whiny bitch getting bullied by the force users all the time, but that's just me. Especially compared to Tarkin.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:43 am

Kylo Ren is so boring and badly written, which is really too bad since Adam Driver is an excellent actor

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 pm

i hated the main character from the force unleashed games. dull as fucking dishwater

ninja3883

Character sheet
Name: Studly DoRight
Faction:
Level: 27

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

All the new Disney characters, British Hannah Montana jedi(a clear Disney reference), Columbine shooter Sith, stupid new factions that renamed themselves for whatever reason. Its misses something the older Movies had.

Back to top Go down
ImpKing64

ImpKing64

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Probably Ezra from Rebels - a show that will never live up to Clone Wars' name. He's just so darn smug and irritating. I hate smug. I could slap smug. Yeh, sure, Anakin is smug, but he's Anakin, and it may be because his character is much more developed. I would say that he isn't as annoying, but a lot of people would bombard me and remind me that he doesn't like sand. I loved the prequels (please don't hurt me), including Jar Jar. A controversial opinion, but it's my opinion.

I feel that Disney definitely watered down Thrawn, who is meant to be one of the greated military admirals. He's a strategic genius. And (it's a plot hole since Ezra and his best fwends are the main characters, and they can't die until the point that they die) Thrawn couldn't even kill all of them.
Thrawn should have been able to excecute all of them,a nd gain information. That's his thing.

I don't hate Thrawn though, he's one of my favourite characters.

Ezra is the devil's obnoxious cocky child.

I don't like his face.
Back to top Go down
OfficerDornanFett

OfficerDornanFett

Character sheet
Name: Ace Howard
Faction: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter
Level: 84

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 pm

I think that would be... Abeloth...
Her story is just... ridiculous, along with her feats too...
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Coming back to this, as much as I love the Force Unleashed, I really dislike Galen Marek. I really only thought about it after playing the games again.

He's such a ridiculously OP character, who manages to beat Vader and Palpatine one after another, pull Star Destroyers out of the sky, accidentally started the galactic rebellion, AND his family crest is the symbol of hope.

It reeks of fanfiction nonsense. Fun games, but silly characters.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:57 am

@ImpKing64 Ezra isn't my favorite but I don't feel that he's as devilish as you make him out to be. In the beginning, yes. He was. He totally was. But so was Ahsoka, and look at who she's become now (my co-favorite alongside Rex).

That's just MY opinion.

As for my choice in worst character, it's a tie between Jar Jar (what a shock. Jar Jar alone was 50% of the problem with the prequels) and that L3-37 droid from Solo - "she" is just Kathleen Kennedy's Mary-Sue. "Droid rights" and all that other crap? I almost cried (out of joy) when her "death" came in that movie.
Back to top Go down
Constantius

Constantius

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 7:58 am

I hate most of the Star Wars characters in Episode VII, VIII and IX.  Two of them, I didn't hate, died... And I hate Anakin. From Episode I to Episode III, he was annoying as hell. But think Darth Vader is awesome.
Back to top Go down
HunterK

HunterK

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Coughlin
Faction: NCR
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Too easy, JarJar was like the Simple Jack of the franchise.

PostSubject: Re: Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?   Who is your most hated character in Star Wars? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is your most hated character in Star Wars?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next