Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead money machine vault power body marvel gauss boomers Call wolfenstein riot commonwealth Gear Overhaul Mask daryl ghoul mandalorian NPCs Reforged Ryse khan hunk boom Superpele
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 7:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby snuffles Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:52 am

» Hey guys!!!
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What ever happened to Europe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:23 pm

@Grimmex You know I like that idea a lot, sadly at the moment I doubt my government would concern themselves about such an event at all. Out of experience with terrorist attack awhile back, they never prepared for such events until it's to late.

Maybe somewhere between now and then they might start caring and do it off the grid would be sweet to know though. Call it paranoid or not but I know whenever I get myself a home i'll stock up on some basic supplies. Never can hurt to keep things at hand.

Metro 2033 was believable because of it being in Russia rather than some other European country. So the vast underground networks would be the thing that saved a lot of people in the European Commonwealth.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 12:22 am

@William Lionheart I don't blame you one bit, I plan on doing something similar. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.

If the European wasteland did end up like that, I'm curious about what the surface would look like you top. Looking at Metro, I would think it would be similar, but less snowy. Perhaps overgrown since most people would be living underground in the area where the nuclear plants were.

Betterdeadthanred

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 4:55 am

Wouldn't there be like a lot of leftover bunkers from the civil wars and such as well? Honestly, I think the people of Europe had a better chance at survival than the Americans. We covered that they may not been hit by atomic bombs, more likely collapsed nuclear plants. The radiation would at most match Chernobyl maybe. Chernobyl is still somewhat liveable. Due to them not having Vault-Tec-like bunkers, they probably were forced to carve out their own expansions while they waited for the radiation to clear. Much of their wasteland infrastructure would be extremely crude.
Top side is most likely just like it was pre-war. No extreme radiation, just decay. I don't even think the radiation would be strong enough to create new species. All in all, I think you'd might just have a look at Chernobyl and just imagine it covering the entire continent.

Danieldefense

Character sheet
Name: GUN resident
Faction: Gaming Underground Network
Level: Loading...

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 4:59 am

Guys, I recommend you watch this documentary:

Impossible to survive

Talks about how it would be a nuclear war,(It does not accuse anyone in particular, it simply explains how everything would start and what consequences it would have)
Although the title is in Spanish is entirely in English, but it has subtitles in Spanish (I have not found it without subtitles) I hope it does not disturb anyone

P.D: if there is a problem with the video I delete it insofacto, I do not want to disturb anyone
(Nothing strange comes out)

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 2:53 pm

@Danieldefense that sounds really interesting, I'll definitely check it out when I can Smile

@Betterdeadthanred when the Chernobyl disaster occurred, it was only a single reactor that went off. Due to lack of maintenance and decay, over time the other power plants would most likely go critical and explode as well. People today can't even live near Chernobyl because the radiation was so bad. If that was only a single reactor, having almost all of the reactors go off would cause irreparable damage to the landscape. We'd probably see a lot of different mutations and ghouls if this were to happen in the Fallout universe.

Danieldefense

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 pm

@Grimmex I hope you enjoy Thumbs Up

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 pm

@Danieldefense This was a pretty interesting little documentary to watch. I was listening to it in the background while i was doing some other work.

it does a solid job of going over how everything would happen. I particularly liked the beginning where they were discussing how most of the missiles that carry nuclear payloads are extremely fast-moving and would give little to no time for people to respond and how the temperature changes in the surrounding environments would essentially destroy agriculture as we now know it. Gives you something to think on.

Thanks for putting this up for people to watch Very Happy

Danieldefense

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

@Grimmex I am glad to know that you liked it, in the army one of my specialties that I studied was the one of NBQ among others and you learn things that give a little of fear / respect, I hope from the heart that NEVER any person who has the power comes up with the idea of pushing the button to launch the TRIDENT II missiles

Waffenbaum

Character sheet
Name: Lucky
Faction: Vault 13
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:24 pm

It's easy.

The US became a radioactive dusty wasteland.
That means that Europe has eternal nuclear winter.

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 12:09 am

Waffenbaum wrote:
It's easy.

The US became a radioactive dusty wasteland.
That means that Europe has eternal nuclear winter.

"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."

USA had the Vault program and it's possible that it did not include Europe at all (Vaults were an USA goverment experiment after all). So Europe might be full of (feral) ghouls or nuclear wasteland, or then it had it's own Vaults (who knows). Major countries were in the war basically (compare cold war), so different countries in Europe (not excluding other countries) might have been preparing for this the whole time and make their own nuclear shelters.

In Fallout 2 you are able to sail with a ship, so it's possible to travel between the continents. Right? So why wouldn't you visit these other countries and for the possibility of increased trading, unless they got totally destroyed.

Just a funny note, the eyebot in Fallout universe looks like the world's first satellite launched by Soviet Union.
Spoiler:

Grimmex wrote:
@Betterdeadthanred when the Chernobyl disaster occurred, it was only a single reactor that went off. Due to lack of maintenance and decay, over time the other power plants would most likely go critical and explode as well. People today can't even live near Chernobyl because the radiation was so bad. If that was only a single reactor, having almost all of the reactors go off would cause irreparable damage to the landscape. We'd probably see a lot of different mutations and ghouls if this were to happen in the Fallout universe.

It's proved that different animals could live near Chernobyl, so different mutations are possible.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 4:44 am

@c4in since the U.S. was most likely the only one to have the Vault-Tec program (that we know of), the likelihood of a much greater feral ghoul population is likely to be high.

In terms of their own vaults, that's where a lot of ideas about using the Metro tunnels as a sort of vault came into play. Giant irradiated feral ghoul filled wasteland on the surface and Metro 2033 styled settlements beneath.

Makes for an interesting setting and story possibility.

Betterdeadthanred

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 am

Come to think of it, all this wont even matter. Fallout will not be Fallout if it's set anywhere but the US. At it's core it's based on cold war americana so that Fallout charm won't work anywhere else, sadly. Even if developers would write something for Europe, Europe will always be extremely underwritten because Fallout will never take place there. No matter how awesome the oppurtunities and potential are.

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:34 am

@Betterdeadthanred Well there are some bunkers still left across the globe, though I doubt many of them are highly intact let alone still suitable for usage. Let alone to function against radiation. I've seen a few, but mostly are/where demolished here in Belgium.

As for Fallout never being in Europe, well maybe maybe not we'll only know when it happens.

@Grimmex Vault Tech may not be officially in Europe but they could have had a foothold in Europe under a different name. But it's safe to say Europe is most likely Ghoul country.

@Danieldefense I'll check that documentary on a later date, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Danieldefense

Danieldefense

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 am

@"William Corazón de León" You'll like it, believe me, when you see it, you tell me what you think What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 1f609

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 6:29 pm

@William Lionheart that's very true. I could definitely see Vault-Tec using a different name over in Europe to do business there.

I bet because of the immense amounts of radiation, the European ghouls would be highly radioactive, similar to the glowing ones we have now, but far more deadly. Going near them would probably be enough to give someone radiation sickness. I read a zombie apocalypse novel where that happened because the infected were in close proximity to nuclear detonations. It would be an interesting concept to see come to life.

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 2:06 am

@Danieldefense Well that was an interesting documentary, kinda a disturbing thought we hand such power to people that could destroy us all. Who can just push said button out of rage without caring for their own lives or others.

Well the crater is off the table mostly, so it's more likely a huge glowing sea what Europe will become. We're fucked regardless.

To think that the world was on the brink of annihilation due to a computer error at a Russian site, giving the appearance that the US launched their nuclear weapons. It was a brave decision of the man in charge to hold off their counter attack. Sadly for him though that was the end of his career and probably him as well to.
Back to top Go down
Danieldefense

Danieldefense

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 am

@"William Corazón de León" The man who avoided the nuclear war was Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Petrov, he avoided what could have been a world catastrophe when the so-called Fall Equinox Incident occurred, which would place the world within seconds of the atomic apocalypse. At 00.14 (Moscow time) a Soviet satellite gave the alarm: an American intercontinental ballistic missile would have launched from the base of Malmstrom (Montana, United States) and in 20 minutes would reach the Soviet Union.
Stanislav Petrov was in charge of the bunker Serpuhov-15, the command center of the Soviet military intelligence from where the Russian aerospace defense was coordinated. Its mission was to verify and to alert of any attack to its superiors, which would initiate the process to counterattack with nuclear weaponry to the United States.

This man is a hero

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm

@Danieldefense Sorry for the long delay in responding. True the man is a hero, though he basically went against his orders to report it as a full scale attack.
Back to top Go down
Danieldefense

Danieldefense

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 1:27 pm

@William Lionheart Do not worry man Thumbs Up Hugging

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 am

I'm pretty sure that not all Europe got completely destroyed, just mostly the major countires like the UK, France, Germany and Italy. The rest of Europe is locked in a power sturggle and a war comparable to WW1. So you end up with countries or regions, since I'm sure not all countries exist anymore, fitting each other in a major and gruelling trench warfare, while they're also dealing with things like mutants, ghouls and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   What ever happened to Europe? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to Europe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next