Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________
FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

________________


________________
_
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 What ever happened to Europe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Betterdeadthanred

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-12-12
Location : The only good Scandinavian country

PostSubject: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:19 am

I can't help but think that the Great War couldn't possibly have set every country on fire. I know plenty of countries in Europe who would have done everything to stay out of the resource wars and simply accept a shitty economy and overall crisis instead of arming their military to go to war. I know that some countries bonded together in a European Commonwealth that may have taken part in the war, but I still doubt that all the nukes fired during the Great War was enough to burn every country in that Commonwealth. From what the Fallout universe is telling us, Europe must have been hit even harder than Asia or North America, due to Europeans still immigranting to America after the war. There is a few British people on the East Coast who claim to have migrated from over seas. That must mean that Europe is so fucked there is no point to try and make a living there. But the nukes couldn't possibly have rendered every nation on the face of the Earth extinct? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shocktrooper666

avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-01-11
Age : 26
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:48 am

@"Betterdeadthanred" i have always heard that there was a civil war once they bonded together please correct me if im wrong but i myself would love to see a fallout based in the northern counties Norway, Sweden, Finland etc maybe then we can get a unique super sledge if you know where im heading shock damage hint hint haha but just to see if culture there went back to the ways ov the vikings would be epic

_________________
the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heracles

avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2016-12-29
Age : 25
Location : Mount Olympus

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:14 am

I wondered what Europe what look like myself back when I first played Fallout 3 and met Tenpenny. Most European countries have been keeping their heads too low to warrant nuclear annihilation but who knows what countries might be on certain countries parting gift list if everyone decided to go down in style. The Soviet Union persisted in the Fallout Universe and with likely the largest nuclear arsenal in the world they could do some serious damage to western Europe.

I guess the UK seems like a more likely target than most European nations and maybe that explains some of the immigrants but like you I am very curious as to the state of Europe and Asia in the Fallout universe and hope we find out more in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdeadthanred

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-12-12
Location : The only good Scandinavian country

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:30 am

Well, we know that Asia (namely China) and the Soviets where targets for the American nuclear arsenal, so they maybe somewhat similar to the state of the US. According to the Chinese Navalofficer you meet in Fallout 4, China seems to be destroyed or atleast stripped of most communication technology like radio and telegraphs.
Atleast we have clear proof that people still live in the UK due to people like Tenpenny, as you said. Even a fisherman from Far Habor claims ancestry to Yorkshire dating atleast to post-war generations.
UK probably got the worst of it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Lionheart

avatar

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2015-09-23
Age : 25
Location : Antwerp

Character sheet
Name: Siegrain
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:23 am

Well I've had this small discussion with somebody before and I came to the conclusion that at least two to three countries would be nothing but a smoldering crater or an extremer variant of the Glowing Sea.
 
For instance, Belgium would no longer exists. The nuclear power plants here are in such a close proximity of each other, that if one goes it triggers the next. They're basically aligned in a single path right in the middle of the country. I'm referring to the major plants that are being used, one of them being located at the edge of Belgium and France.
 
So I’m of the opinion that a nuke hitting one of the major cities in Belgium would either A) Destroy the power plant in/near it or B) Damage it so hard it will explode. Netherland and France are too close to not suffer from the destruction of three major power plants. True we won’t be certain if they’d use nuclear power plants then, but we do know nuclear power is used in the car’s in the Fallout verse.
 
Due to this I highly expect that the UK will suffer from it but could potentially “survive”, though I believe that the countries closed to central of Europe would either be gone or become in the style of Far Harbour/Point Lookout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdeadthanred

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-12-12
Location : The only good Scandinavian country

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Wouldn't it be possible for more countries to have developed excessive nuclear power planting in their countries due to the strong reliance on atomic power in 2077? If what you say is possible for Belgium, then many European countries could possess the same amount or more nuclear plants by 2077. There isn't a whole lot of nuclear plants in the USA, so it may be possible for American power plants to be outsourced to Europe. God knows America would be unable to install power plants in Communist Asia due to the Cold War, so they may have built them in poor European countries. That means Eastern Europe, Spain, Italy, maybe France. Having a power plant industry there makes the annihilation of Europe more likely if we assume a chain reaction is imminent if triggered by atomic blasts, how few they may be. Still, Scandinavian countries + North Germany should go relatively unarmed. That is to say if the Soviets hadn't annexed Sweden and marked them for nuclear war against USA. Sweden is relatively Socialist/Commie friendly looking at their support the Viet Cong and their own social welfare, so they may have pledged themselves to the Soviets in the resource wars.
If we say Sweden supported the Soviet Union and was blasted by the USA, the remaining countries just might have fallen to an extreme refugee crisis and the civil war that may or may not have broken out in the European Commonwealth. Scarcity of resources and violent unrest between different nationalities might have torn the streets apart in a non-atomic apocalypse.
That is as close to a theory as I can get.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogerrabbit130

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 pm

I've wondered the same thing, I think the Russians and the Chinese were the big enemies of the US so id imagine they got hit pretty hard but western Europe and the UK are probably either similar to DC or maybe even less damaged id imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danieldefense

avatar

Posts : 548
Join date : 2017-01-10
Age : 30
Location : Spain

Character sheet
Name: GUN resident
Faction: Gaming Underground Network
Level: Loading...

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:07 pm

In the game, (as I interpret it) nuclear war in Fallout3, NV and fallout 4 is on the same timeline (but another thing I will not comment on spoilers), as all nuclear war in the fiction of Fallout Or in real life would affect the world, no one would be safe, we are talking about a total nuclear war

In fact in real life (I leave it as a curious fact) the conflict would only last 160 seconds, I hope and wish that never happens in real life

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acekiler

avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2014-03-05
Age : 26
Location : Abyss of Nothingness

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Green Army R9 Divison
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm probley just saying what everyone else did before but the resource wars tore Europe apart way before the nukes did I'm willing to bet that most of western Europe and some of Eastern Europe probley aren't so bad but are probley fighting civil wars all of the time. Who knows the only way we could truly find out is if we nuke each other and probley go from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Lionheart

avatar

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2015-09-23
Age : 25
Location : Antwerp

Character sheet
Name: Siegrain
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 am

Well if my theory holds any truth, half of Europe would be gone apparently.

Plants across Europe:
 

There are some in the rest of the world mostly in the US but other countries fair of better where there are Zero. Can't say the map is accurate but the only decent one I was able to find.

World map:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoomBewm

avatar

Posts : 2520
Join date : 2014-04-30
Age : 27
Location : Bulgaria

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Well, as William said most of Europe got fucked, Germany, Belgium, France and Britain were all cucked by the nuclear war heads. But.BUT!. Look at the Slavic nations, I honestly dont think that they are affected so much by the war, in fact I think that the slav nations are now divdided into tribes of dirty mindless savages or maybe some of them are atleast decent. But I think that Europe is still habitated and liveable in some parts.

_________________

Im a horrible person, but my sets are great, so leave endorse!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieRedNeck

avatar

Posts : 792
Join date : 2014-03-12
Age : 24
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 pm

I am under the belief Ireland is under a cloud of nuclear residue, but due to the amount of Irish immigrants as well as british immigrants in fallout lore.(Notably fallout 3). I am under the assumption they are still surviving out there.
In all honesty, I see Ireland really fucked with its wildlife and terrain. If anyone knows what a Bog is, its like a swamp that can preserve bodies and artifacts, and can be very flamable. So I can only shiver in fear at the thought of:
A. Running through one of those on a wet day from a supermutant out to snack on my bones.
B. Bog Ghouls, Bog Toads, and Bog monsters.

I dont know enough about Britain post war to know what its condition is, but I am sure its not a pretty picture.
As for the rest of Europe, well as seems to be the common thought most Europe did indeed probably get fucked hard. But there would be some countries that probably just got like the residue, no real bombings just some radiation run off from those who were bombed to shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdeadthanred

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-12-12
Location : The only good Scandinavian country

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm

@BoomBewm wrote:
Well, as William said most of Europe got fucked, Germany, Belgium, France and Britain were all cucked by the nuclear war heads. But.BUT!. Look at the Slavic nations, I honestly dont think that they are affected so much by the war, in fact I think that the slav nations are now divdided into tribes of dirty mindless savages or maybe some of them are atleast decent. But I think that Europe is still habitated and liveable in some parts.

If the Sovietunion managed to survive in the Fallout universe, wouldn't the Slavs be very subjectable to the commie-Soviets? I didn't pay much attention in history class, but I am pretty sure many of the Slavic countries joined the union and quite a bit of them adopted communism as a response to the massive poverty left by WWII and the refusal of the Marshall-packages (due to the Soviets strongarming them out of accepting American help). By 2077 things might have changed, but I think that due to the Cold War-like situation of Fallout leading up to the Apocalypse, the Slavic countries would likely be a part of the Sovietunion. That would mark them as targets for the American nukes.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexmercer984

avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2015-03-24
Age : 19
Location : Does My Bathroom Count ?

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:45 pm

All things considered chances are we get a joke-ish appearance of Europeans in fallout as barbarians with guns or something as well as more dark humour but ey its ground to cover i just hope its obsidian that gets their hands on that and not good ol Howard much as I like his work Id kinda dislike being put in a pegi 13 world again

[caugh][caugh] super rant [caugh] dont take all i say too seriously alas you kill me and thats just not nice

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mattafex

avatar

Posts : 818
Join date : 2014-07-06
Age : 19
Location : Perth, Australia

Character sheet
Name: Wowzers
Faction: In My
Level: Trousers

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm

@BoomBewm wrote:
Well, as William said most of Europe got fucked, Germany, Belgium, France and Britain were all cucked by the nuclear war heads. But.BUT!. Look at the Slavic nations, I honestly dont think that they are affected so much by the war, in fact I think that the slav nations are now divdided into tribes of dirty mindless savages or maybe some of them are atleast decent. But I think that Europe is still habitated and liveable in some parts.

Implying they weren't always that

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdeadthanred

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-12-12
Location : The only good Scandinavian country

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:41 pm

@Mattafex wrote:
@BoomBewm wrote:
Well, as William said most of Europe got fucked, Germany, Belgium, France and Britain were all cucked by the nuclear war heads. But.BUT!. Look at the Slavic nations, I honestly dont think that they are affected so much by the war, in fact I think that the slav nations are now divdided into tribes of dirty mindless savages or maybe some of them are atleast decent. But I think that Europe is still habitated and liveable in some parts.

Implying they weren't always that

Goddarn spicy.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

avatar

Posts : 267
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 23
Location : Raccoon City

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 am

I would honestly bet my bottom dollar on the guess that they were just as messed up via nuclear annihilation as North American and Asia were. While in the past Europe has demonstrated that they would like to stay out of any kind of resource war, when the world's nuclear armament gets sent to different places around the globe, i would be surprised if they had not gotten hit. I always was curious about what Asia looked like in the Fallout lore, but never really had a thought about Europe much. Really neat to think about and picture what the continent must look like.

First post in a while for me and this one in particular really caught my eye Smile

_________________
This is War, Survival is Your Responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
piet33

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-10-17

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Another idea would be that most of Europe, excluding UK, would barely been hit by the nuclear missles/bomb dropped by the USA and the Commies (because why wasting the bombs on them..soviet russia and china are pretty big places after all). Instead Europe is(or was) trapped under a giant cloud of radiation, like a cheesebell, because of all the bombs dropped on either side of them, to the west the USA and to the east the Commies. I think it would make a pretty interesting scenario: The cities and the countryside are relatively unharmed by explosions and such, but because of the excessive radiation all of the wildlife and the plants mutated extremely causing in huge Forrests filled with feral mutants where once the cities where......and so on because i wrote too much already Very Happy





English is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes or tell me how to correct them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

avatar

Posts : 267
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 23
Location : Raccoon City

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

@piet33 wrote:
Another idea would be that most of Europe, excluding UK, would barely been hit by the nuclear missles/bomb dropped by the USA and the Commies (because why wasting the bombs on them..soviet russia and china are pretty big places after all). Instead Europe is(or was) trapped under a giant cloud of radiation, like a cheesebell, because of all the bombs dropped on either side of them, to the west the USA and to the east the Commies. I think it would make a pretty interesting scenario: The cities and the countryside are relatively unharmed by explosions and such, but because of the excessive radiation all of the wildlife and the plants mutated extremely causing in huge Forrests filled with feral mutants where once the cities where......and so on because i wrote too much already Very Happy





English is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes or tell me how to correct them.

That...Sounds really fantastic. Way more interesting than the run of the mill "they got bombed too" idea. Now k really want to see that in an actual game Very Happy

_________________
This is War, Survival is Your Responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Visible Earth

avatar

Posts : 178
Join date : 2016-10-24

Character sheet
Name: Jason
Faction: Freeside
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:35 pm

@piet33 wrote:
The cities and the countryside are relatively unharmed by explosions and such, but because of the excessive radiation all of the wildlife and the plants mutated extremely causing in huge Forrests filled with feral mutants where once the cities where......and so on because i wrote too much already Very Happy

This would be cool if Europe does ever feature in a future game. A Chernobyl aesthetic would be appropriate, especially for mainland Europe. Like, maybe set the game in, I dunno, Prague, and show it having been completely enveloped with forests and and plant growth. Could be very atmospheric and creepy to walk through.

_________________
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we've got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50 year old Vault 13 jumpsuit. Let's hit it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to Europe?   

Back to top Go down
 

What ever happened to Europe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 Similar topics

-
» How to Change from WoW Europe to WoW China
» Yama no Kage: Europe
» the link for fantage europe
» fantage europe......
» Muslim Immigrants flood into Europe

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-