Info Panel

Calendar Calendar

Europe and Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Europe and Fallout

Post by Blacklyte on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 am

One of the great mysteries that I always wondered about was what happened to Europe after the Great War? We know from some NPC's that there were survivors and Tenpenny immigrated from Britain. Evidence that there are a few ships coming and going across the Atlantic pops up here and there. So something HAS to exist.

In Fallout 4, we are going to obviously have DLC. So what if we get to explore London, Dublin, Glasgow or some other city in Europe? How would the local wildlife have been mutated in those areas? Would we have a British equivalent of the Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel?

Information regarding Europe after the war exists in the games, but there are a ton of blank spaces that could be filled in.
Blacklyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Europe and Fallout

Post by FoVet20 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:34 am

well in dublin we dont have much wildlife that would be interesting in a fallout setting lol

i always wondered this too and thought to myself wouldn't it be weird if the bombs only dropped on the usa and the rest of the world carried on as if the war never happened this isn't really true or me saying i believe this is what happened i just think it would be a messed up twist in the series lol
FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklyte on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:50 am

I am sure something could come out of it. I mean Fallout 3 did have a DLC based in Pittsburgh and Maryland. If anything they could draw from the local culture and create a caricature of it.
Blacklyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flavio01997 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:58 am

The Fallout Lore never told us about Europe after the great war, only the fact that they've attacked the
Middle East in response to the rising oil prices.
From the lore, Europe was called "European Commonwealth", that came to an end in 2060, following a long civil war for an unknown period of time.

I've recently discovered that J.E. Sawyer has mentioned several times the possibility of a spin-off setted in Europe called Fallout: Resource Wars
"The plot would involve a crew of soldiers from the Royal Armoured Corps who become stranded in a war-torn anarchistic northern Italy and have to fight their way to the English Channel in quickly degrading vehicles, scavenging replacements, fuel, and weapons as they go."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnisher on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:10 pm

I'd imagine Europe being even more of a ruin than US is. While US was relatively peaceful and intact (excluding food riots) before the bombs fell, European countries were already in war with each other. Would also explain why someone like Tenpenny would choose to migrate to US.
Finnisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by William Lionheart on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Belgium would be just wiped out from the face of the earth. I bet if one nuke fell in this hole, every nuclear power plant would trigger and go into a meltdown. So this hole would become an even bigger hole.

A British version of Fallout would be very interesting.
William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: Siegrain
Faction:
Level: 56

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:55 pm

I have actually written some small stories on the fan fic section about europian countries...go check them out...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklyte on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:14 am

@Finnisher wrote:I'd imagine Europe being even more of a ruin than US is. While US was relatively peaceful and intact (excluding food riots) before the bombs fell, European countries were already in war with each other. Would also explain why someone like Tenpenny would choose to migrate to US.

Given Allistair Tenpenny's attitude and what-not, I think it was more of him being vilified and hated rather than the environment that caused him to move. All in all, Tenpenny is a douche and if it wasn't for his money and the tower, I don't think anybody would want him around.
Blacklyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top