Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body ghoul mandalorian boomers khan Reforged power Ryse wolfenstein machine dead Overhaul riot Gear gauss daryl NPCs Call boom vault hunk commonwealth marvel Mask money Superpele
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 5:34 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 am

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 3:16 pm

» Starfield
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 8:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby monke gaming Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
KrigRaseri

KrigRaseri

Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 6:56 am

All of these silly lightsaber spoofs lol, I don't think I can take it.

Trentosss

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:00 am

I don't understand why people have mad such a big deal about the change in the lightsaber, was there such a big fuss about Darth Maul and his double edged one?
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:24 am

Trentosss wrote:
I don't understand why people have mad such a big deal about the change in the lightsaber, was there such a big fuss about Darth Maul and his double edged one?
Well since it was the first episode i think not.
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 am

Trentosss wrote:
Pretty much because it's "defense" can cut their own hand off.
Back to top Go down
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 am

the double edged one was extremely effective for staff-wielding movements, and it was very impressive in combat. A claymore is a large, heavy, slow to hit model. Good bye awesome sword fights.

The "hand guard", as is, severely restricts the acrobatics and impressive handling that Darth Maul, for example, or even Obi Wan, exhibited in combat: the swirling around the back, the throw and catch, the reverse grip, all are made impossible without slicing your wrists (at best) or losing it entirely.
Imagine the swords are interlocked, and the Jedi just pushes it against the Sith's chest and it burns a hole to his heart. That's not cool for the saber's wielder! It's a design flaw, one that shouldn't be tolerated by any self-respecting warrior or saber maker.

it's a superfluous, shallow, impractical design and only Disney could have come up with it.

Maybe they all have a fetish for missing hands since Vader and Luke made it popular closed eyes smile I don't know but it's incredibly silly and uninspired with the crossguard like that

Last edited by DVAted on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:58 am

Well it sure looks better than this imo, Always thought this was silly and tacky.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Nightsister_Lightwhip
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:55 pm

KrizalidBrando wrote:
Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 CtEvI7eOqxY
Oh, well. Nobody expected that.
Remember, Episode 4 also had a surprise Sand trooper pop-up.
Back to top Go down
Trentosss

Trentosss

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Yeah fair call on the saber, never looked at it that way I do see the impracticability of it now.
Back to top Go down
Kommandant-hillbilly

Kommandant-hillbilly

PostSubject: Thoughts on the light saber shown in the new StarWars teaser    Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:30 pm

StarWars has a big spot in my heart, loved all the movies (yes even the prequels [sue me]). I saw the teaser and am pretty excited, only one sorta bummed me out personally and it was the lack of detail on the stormtroopers armor that was shown briefly, however that is not why I am making this post. What I wanna know is what you people think of the lightsaber.

Spoiler:

I don't have a problem with it myself but I'm interested to hear some of your thoughts.

oh and I saw some pictures of people who edited it to look funny, here is one.

Spoiler:

cheers.
Back to top Go down
cybercolonsnake

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:38 pm

God i think that saber is so dumb TongueTril i can tell just by looking at the picture how this sith lord is going to be killed.
Back to top Go down
Kommandant-hillbilly

Kommandant-hillbilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:41 pm

yea i kinda thought he would slice his on hands off, but eh... I'll hold off on beating up J.J. Abrams until December of 2015 Laugh Out Loud

CelticWarlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:25 pm

It looks pretty cool, very unique compared to other lightsabers in the past films, but, the functionality of it is kind of flawed. It may offer the protection of a crossguard on examples of Oakeshott swords, but like Kommandant said, surely it poses a threat to the one who is wielding it, if his grip were to falter for a moment, *swwosszzhh* there go his fingers... XD

Last edited by CelticWarlord on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I managed to misspell 'it' XD)
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:10 am

Kommandant-hillbilly wrote:
StarWars has a big spot in my heart, loved all the movies (yes even the prequels [sue me]). I saw the teaser and am pretty excited, only one sorta bummed me out personally and it was the lack of detail on the stormtroopers armor that was shown briefly, however that is not why I am making this post. What I wanna know is what you people think of the lightsaber.

Spoiler:

I don't have a problem with it myself but I'm interested to hear some of your thoughts.

oh and I saw some pictures of people who edited it to look funny, here is one.

Spoiler:

cheers.

greetings,

we have already a topic about sw. i have merged your topic with this one, just in case youre wondering what happend to your topic Smile

many greetings
rex

The Red Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:15 am

I've like star wars sense I was a little kid. Most video gamers have or at least the majority have. I might have taken it to the extreme of watching the movies countless times and reading their books, even in the six grade I dressed up as Captain Rex. I've always like the star wars series that have came out. Times where simpler.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Kommandant-hillbilly

Kommandant-hillbilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 2:54 pm

no worries Rex makes sense to merge it xP
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:19 am

Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 1VypGBYyTck
If this was for real... I would die crying closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
cybercolonsnake

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:48 am

@KrizalidBrando It's jar jar Abrams.
Back to top Go down
drunkenSocrates

drunkenSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 pm

DVAted wrote:
the double edged one was extremely effective for staff-wielding movements, and it was very impressive in combat. A claymore is a large, heavy, slow to hit model. Good bye awesome sword fights.

The "hand guard", as is, severely restricts the acrobatics and impressive handling that Darth Maul....

The slow, lumbering Claymore therefore (my opinion) is consistent with the slow fighting style of the original movies and J.J. Abrams pledge for the Star Wars franchise to return to its roots in film-making.

There is a distinctive difference in fighting style/philosophy between the original and prequel periods. I believe Lucas said that the Jedi/Sith warriors are modeled (inspired/copied) off Japanese Samurai warriors and the influence of the Kurosawa movies and fight choreography. Hence why the ObiWan/Vader fight in Ep4 had the two circle strafe each other like the old, Kurosawa samurai movies versus the Peking Opera acrobatics of the Prequels (although Return of the Jedi did have the first Jedi "wire-fu" moment).Realistically however, a big part of the difference is the change of standards and exceptions of fight choreography from general audiences bewteen the 70s and the postShawBrothers influence in film-making of the 90s.

So those of you who trash the prequels, remember that the prequels were the reason why we have more elaborate fight choreography using lightsabers. While I dont like the prequels myself (I had to walk out of the theater after Anakin's "sand is rough" line-walked back in too early for the Jedi fight and caught the "I love you" dialogue), at least give the prequels some credit for positive changes to the franchise.

As far as the impracticality of the hilt saber in Ep7, I see it as no different than the traditional sabers lack of some type of guard at the hilt to block a saber from sliding down the blade and straight to a person's hand. If you watch the original lightsaber duel, you see ObiWans saber slide straight down Vader's saber,  but magically stops despite that it should have taken Vader's mechanic hand off early in the fight. Furthermore, noopis stated the same thing I was thinking about the dangers of wielding such as weapon,
noopis wrote:
...I would presume they train with their weapons for long enough that they would be proficient in wielding it so they wouldn't harm themselves using it.

noopis wrote:
Then there's the idea that the protrusions on the sides that emit the guards can be cut by a lightsaber which we don't know yet because there are lightsaber resistant metals in the Star Wars universe, even if it wasn't made of a material like that it's still better to have a cross guard than not.

I was gonna make a comment that the "special material" that can block a lightsaber would be made of adamantium, but then I remembered that Fox still owns Wolverine and not Disney so there goes that joke.

..Which then I realized, it is going to be weird watching Episode VII and not have the sequence of preCredit logos (Fox logo and musical anthem--->Lucasfilms----->"a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...."). Now instead of the familiar Fox Anthem, it will start with the soothing, melodic Disney "when you wish upon a star [wars]" musical theme and the iconic Disney castle.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 am

hi everyone...

i just leave this here.... Wink

have a great day everyone
rex

Diem

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Love Star Wars. Love the Mandalorians in particular. Really hoping things aren't messed up after the huge canon overhaul that's coming...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next