Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth boom riot hunk wolfenstein FCOM Gear ghoul marvel Superpele Call boomers upgrades Ryse daryl machine Mask mandalorian body dead khan Reforged NPCs space money vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Mr. House and locks Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Mr. House and locks Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Mr. House and locks Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Mr. House and locks Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Mr. House and locks Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Mr. House and locks Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Mr. House and locks Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Mr. House and locks Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Mr. House and locks Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Mr. House and locks Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mr. House and locks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

Mr. House and locks Empty
PostSubject: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Just in case someone is somehow actually thinking about playing New Vegas for the first time, this may have spoilers.

Normally I don't spend much time criticizing New Vegas because it's like my Fallout Baby or something. But...
So... Mr. House. The wealthy, smart guy who thought he had it all planned out. He made mistakes obviously but... still...
Why didn't he think of the simplest of things: a lock? Isn't that a weird thing to leave out of your master plan? Better yet, a double lock, one with a computer and one with a normal lock. I mean, it's his master plan, so why not? It would have been easy.
Better yet, use vault door technology that no one is getting through. Or seal the door utterly and completely. He never intended in walking out of that room. I mean, in one of my playthroughs, it was trivially easy to beat him. Truly, truly trivial. Because he didn't know about locks. Or any kind of defenses for his most important room.

I can only think the developers thought, "Well, it wouldn't be fair to people who couldn't pick locks/hack computers." But New Vegas is supposed to be better than that, right?

Technically, I think even Caesar was overly trusting with some couriers, and as such could be killed easier than you'd expect for someone who isn't supposedly stupid.
Back to top Go down
ilyava

ilyava

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Hmmm has been a while I actually met Mr.House but 
I think he didn't missed out locks like that. At least he locked down the whole Lucky38 with an army of securitrons around serving his body, didn't he? 
Also that platinumchip is the only kind of access card to enter his stasis chamber if I remember right... At least I wouldn't call him trivial as he managed not to be seen and killed for hundreds of years. Either way.  
Still the game makes some nice coincidences for the player of course, like... any game.
Personally I think I like it much more the way it is than it was if you just had to lockpick a vaultdoor or something to get him (:
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:34 pm

He trusted a complete and total stranger who (depending on the player) could be a complete psychopath or be completely loyal to House's enemies. No defense, no contingency if the Courier just casually decides to go "nah, you're dead now." No vetting them first, no spying to see if they're friends with the enemi. And, of course, not even a lock. It's a mistake, on House's part.
A completely unnecessary mistake, because locks aren't an idea that only a genius could have come up with.
It broke my immersion that he'd be so aggressively trusting. his ego not withstanding. His securitrons were useless since I'd be in the door and ending them so quickly they wouldn't have a chance to stop me. I just wish they'd covered that one base.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 1:59 pm

@ Sirdanest (Original Post)

I have to agree with you on this one. Sirdanest. Robert's defenses are very... lacking when it comes to what's standing in between him and the player. In fact, it's down right anti-climatic that his bio-chamber is just a few paces from the elevator door down from his penthouse. I think this problem could of very easily remedied by having the player go through a dungeon to get to Mr. Houses sealed chamber, designed similarly to how Raven Rock was designed in Fallout 3. Full of gun turrets, traps, and of course, tons of robot security. That would make things a lot more epic now wouldn't it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 pm

It's both anti-climatic (in that it's _insanely_ easy, effortlessly easy) and immerion-breaking that he could be quite that stupid. Even if he didn't lock the door (for some insane reason) the inner sanctum ought to have turrets or angry robots or ... something. Anything. Anything other than an his plans being destroyed, effortlessly. I've never seem a major plot character so easy to kill before, especially one who is supposed to be so smart and rich.
He always, automatically, and completely, blindly trusts the player.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 4:04 am

I do find it extremely strange that there was no build up to killing house, only an average level terminal and a couple of securitrons.

Had they made the quest a bit longer, perhaps you had to infiltrate unseen locations within the Lucky 38 (such as how the basement was only visible for a few moments). It could have been something great but rather was anticlimactic as it has been said before.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. House and locks   Mr. House and locks Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. House and locks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1