Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs vault Call Reforged mandalorian wolfenstein daryl Superpele commonwealth upgrades FCOM marvel khan machine dead body ghoul Ryse boom Mask boomers Gear money space riot hunk
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Empty
PostSubject: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am

I want some thoughts from you guys if you're willing to share some Smile

My question is, do you use weather/lighting mods? If yes, what is it, why did you chose over the others, and how long have you been using it? And if no, why don't you? Did you find it unnecessary or have you encountered issues with it?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 am

RWL cause cloud textures. Also removes the nasty tint. If you use it with an enb make sure you turn down the brightness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 am

Nevada Skies for the simple reason that it adds rain and sandstorms, which improve the atmosphere ten-fold. The sky textures are lacking though - too much contrast and sometimes very, very noticeable tiling.
Back to top Go down
junkacc

junkacc

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Fellout. Simple and effective.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Project Reality is my favourite but on my system with ENB and NMCs Large Textures it drops down to 45-55 frames quite a lot so I don't want to use it. I've become accustomed to my ENB so turning it off is a huge bummer for me.

I usually use RWL though, as my ENB looks the best with it and it doesn't eat as many frames as Project Reality does.

I like NV Skies but during sandstorms, especially in TTW, it cuts down my frames a lot too.

Personally I like the default sky but my ENB apparently looks the best with mods.
Back to top Go down
rower97

rower97

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

I like URWLNV Ultimate Edition, clouds are excellent, but sometimes you can see the seem in them, which sucks. I'll probably switch over to RWLE when it's released. It's hidden at the moment, but I reckon that's because the release is imminent.
Back to top Go down
lastR4NG3R

lastR4NG3R

Character sheet
Name: Last Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyTue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm a Nevada Skies user myself. I love the pretty sunsets and weather variations it has to offer.

Rjay47

Character sheet
Name: Jacob Page
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyTue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm

I use Nevada Skies. I like the colors and saturation of the weather's and the variation and preforms at a constant 60 to 50 fps with the enb i use Old World Enb.
Back to top Go down
MrVulpe

MrVulpe

Character sheet
Name: Kyousuke
Faction: Maou The True Dark Lord
Level: 99

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:14 pm

I use Nevada Skies and Interior Lighting overhaul for interiors. Tried a couple of weather mods, but always end up coming back to nevada skies as i really like it. Only real issue is occasionally you can see lines in the skybox but i usually shuffle the weather if i get that sky popping up.

Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyWed May 31, 2017 1:40 am

At this point, weather and lighting mods are pretty essential for me. Interior Lighting Overhaul is pretty much the best mod to improve the lighting in the game. For weather, I usually always change it up for whatever mood I'm feeling at that moment. Additionally, as someone who uses an ENB most of the time, it also really depends which weather mod goes along the greatest with the ENB I have on. My favorites are Project Reality and Realistic Wasteland Lighting which I'm currently using.
Back to top Go down
Arch MuffDog123A

Arch MuffDog123A

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:22 am

Nevada skies. I've even tested detail on low medium and high. and they still all look great.

No matter how creative it sounds. It may be a copy paste 
Back to top Go down
Lôke-khan K.B.

Lôke-khan K.B.

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:59 am

In my opinion the best weather and lighting mod for exteriors are ENB 47 weather mod and realistic wasteland lighting. These are very good mods that visually look great. The strength of the 47 ENB weather mod is the rain feature, as during rain the game is still stable and smooth, no fps drop. For interiors I recommend interiors lighting overhaul, a great mod so that the player can turn on and off lights in the room. The light effect in this mod is very balanced and immersive and looks very good in the game. Smile

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:59 am

@karolbr95 Now that you've mentioned 47 enb, how's the performance? I'm just using a laptop for New Vegas so its not as strong as desktops.

As for the others, I highly appreciate your suggestions! Most of you have said that its Nevada Skies that reigns here and I believe it deserves that amount of praise! Thank you all!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Lôke-khan K.B.

Lôke-khan K.B.

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey @njmanga097 I just returned from college and I didn`t have time earlier Smile I used 47 enb weather mod for many ENB`s with average quality textures and average graphical settings on a laptop and I enjoyed a smooth game during rain and storm in the game. I didn`t see what the sandstorm looks like with 47 mod weather, so I don`t know if it causes drop fps in game. I hope I helped you, I have a pretty average laptop and I think it will work well for you too Smile

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm

I can confirm that the 47 enb weather mod is great and not only performance-wise but also regarding new cloud textures and the colours; though I just installed and haven't had the rain yet.
I used Project Reality for quite some time. It has some nice effects like heat-haze and some lens effect during rain but comes with a cost in frames (especially during rain).
RWL is a bit boring on its own: new clouds, blue sky - that's it and the game still looks shallow, while the aforementioned mods give the game a whole new look. Nevertheless RWL is the base for many ENBs.
I've never tried Nevada Skies because I think it's overdoing things and I don't want a weather-control item in my inventory - feels weird; there's NSkies MCM on the Nexus though.
Back to top Go down
Xrad

Xrad

Character sheet
Name: Moon Man
Faction: Loners Boone
Level: 58

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Navada skies was a blaste for me but the sandstorm make me sick of it so switching back to the good old default nv atmosphere
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 pm

@njmanga097 Really depends on the laptop. My laptop could not run 47 ENB Performance Friendly, as it dropped my performance drastically lol. Personally I use Imaginator and Nevada Skies, specifically Western Skies + Winter Wonderland moods, to get more vibrant afternoons and even redder dawns. I don't use rain settings or dust storms as that kills my performance IMMIEDIATELY, but I do use fog/mist as it gives variety to the weather.

Once I upgrade, I'm looking forward to Incorporating these same settings but with Rudy ENB to get sharper shading while retaining that orange-red filter.

UPDATE: Also, Nevada Skies has this effect that alters interior lighting, something like the Interior Lighting Overhaul without killing performance or causing CTDs (that's what kept happeing with mine). So that's always something to consider.

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods   [FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Weather/Lighting Mods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1