Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs daryl Call Overhaul dead gauss khan vault power machine Gear mandalorian wolfenstein body boomers Reforged Superpele marvel Ryse ghoul boom hunk money riot commonwealth Mask
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 11:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Today at 1:33 am

» Not new, but been a long time
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How do you think about Automatron after initial play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormlord

Stormlord

How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:01 am

I'll post my problem here.

So i just confronted the mechanist, got it to talk without killing her. She gave me her terminal's password but when i try to access it i get stuck. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:08 am

Stormlord wrote:
I'll post my problem here.

So i just confronted the mechanist, got it to talk without killing her. She gave me her terminal's password but when i try to access it i get stuck. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

How exactly did you stuck? The game freezes?
Back to top Go down
Virtual Victory

Virtual Victory

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:50 pm

After "initial" play? I thought it was rather cliché. You receive a distress signal, you save some person, they ask you to do something and then you proceed to do fetch quest after fetch quest to lead up to a slightly more complex quest. You're probably thinking: "yeah, that's Fallout, how's that cliché?" Well, after you've played 1,300 hours of Fallout 4 non-stop mostly anything will seem cliché.
Back to top Go down
Stormlord

Stormlord

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 5:57 pm

@geminispark262

I get stuck into the walking animation
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 am

Stormlord wrote:
@geminispark262

I get stuck into the walking animation

That was a common bug before patches I believe. I think Bethesda already fix it in last few patches. If you still get stuck, try wait for few moments as it will automatically proceed your character to hacking.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:30 am

Something else that i found a bit annoying is that in the dialogue with your robots, it gives you the option to ask about the personality mode, only to find out that it is non-existent. That was a bit of a tease that i believe should have been added. It would have been cool to add different personality matrices to your robots to give them a sense of uniqueness. Hopefully one of the community's glorious modders will make this injustice right Smile

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:43 am

So I finish the Automatron and spent reasonable amount of time explore the post-content. Overall, my attitude toward this DLC is positive.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Stormlord

Stormlord

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:47 am

@geminispark262

Nvm, i solved by toggling tcl on and off
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:02 am

rojok2 wrote:
@ritualclarity you can use your later save as long as your higher than level 15. the quest should pop up right away.

Edit: I played 4 on ps4 and it worked like that sorry if it doesn't work on pc.

Thanks, that is a good answer. I don't believe there would be any difference between the two games now. I thought that would be the case. It is worth trying.. Thanks again.

Fury

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:32 am

Went in blind, came out satisfied. For ten bucks the DLC was worth the money.

Without spoiling anything one of the major things that bugs me is the fact that there were no new apparel minus the robot armor and the Mechanist's outfit. Had there been 4 outfits plus our current 4 weapons things would have been better.

Another gripe that I have yet don't is that you can make some pretty OP robots. I have a upgraded Assaultron and it one shots EVERYTHING, and that is on Survival! Mirelurk Queen (one shot), Chameleon Deathclaw (one shot), Super Mutant camp (one shots all mutants). I hate saying it but the robot damage should really be nerfed just a bit in a patch - either that or my robot is glitched(?).
I would have preferred it to be less go here fetch this, but even then fighting the robots was actually a challenge which caught me off guard (died 5 times in the first area, had to get Power Armor for once). So the combat was fun for once since the start/middle of theg ame.

I found the customization for robots to be super in depth, also glad to see we could customize Codsworth. Super happy to run around with the base robots (minus the Eyebot.. mods I imagine will fix this) and even the ability to name them just adds a more personal connection to your robot.

There was also the new Eyebot Scav. Station thing, which proves to be amazingly helpful. I mean it sadly doesn't bring them back but it is still nice to be able to have it locate some Ceramic, Fiber Glass, or even a Nuke Mine for the shits and giggles.

tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:20 am

Honestly, I think this was an OKAY DLC. The story was short enough to keep me slightly interested, yet nothing too flashy. I wasn't expecting anything incredible for the story, but what really makes this DLC for me is the robot customization. I thoroughly enjoyed pimping out Codsworth and making him a flying tank. I'd probably rate this DLC 7.5/10, simply because of all the possibilities that the customization has given us.

Back to top Go down
aerystmd

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 am

Overall it's not bad but not too good either. Just felt like Automatron's new stuff has already been done by modders (Robot Home Defense, Craftable NPCs, & the huge collection of weapon & apparel mods available now.) The robot workbench, with it's dynamic system of mixing & matching robot parts , is the new variable but that could've been fleshed out by modders as well if the GECK was already out. Story was OK but not too good either. Newly created worldspace was done ala Dawnguard but the new areas weren't that interesting or big even. Could arguably conclude that Automatron is the reason why the FO4 GECK is still not released (held off) because it could've been blown off the water by better mod makers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:43 am

I agree there While I did enjoy it I think that the modding community probably could have done a better job in terms of change and fresh content, it was still good it just didnt meet its full potential.

D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Ah I had a lot of fun with this dlc, even got to fulfill my dream of having my own sentry bot butler.  Although in hindsight it umm probably wasn't my best idea.  Giving him rocket launchers for arms was also not a very good idea either, that poor Brahmin just minding his own business and then that bloatfly flew over by it and caught codsworth's attention.  Seriously though, got to be careful with some of those combinations.  I also built myself a Sarge 2.0 to guard the castle.  I also learned something very interesting about the Mechanist's back story, something it seems a lot of people haven't been able to pick up on.  Click the spoiler below if you want to find out what I found out.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:57 am

So with the release of Far Harbor getting closer what is everyone's predictions and thoughts on what we might find?

GreyKnight666

GreyKnight666

Character sheet
Name: Justicar Nyxos
Faction: Grey Knights
Level: 146

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:25 pm

I enjoy Automatron, even with the story finished. The robots add in slightly more challenging random encounters than raiders or Gunners can offer, and using robots for supply lines lets me have more full settlements without a majority of the settlers assigned to lines.

I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire world, and consign a million souls to oblivion.
May Imperial justice account in all balance
The Emperor protects.

-- Task force of the Ordo Malleus, immediately before carrying out Exterminatus on Typhon Primaris.

Thought for the day: It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:24 am

The first time I played through Automatron I had no issues. The second time, after the 1.5.147 patch, I experienced:

1. After crafting robot workstation only legs were an option in the menu. Restoring an earlier save prior to engaging in conversation with Ada at the start fixed the issue.

2. Unable to proceed further in the main quest if Ada was not with me during the first Robobrain component retrieval. Restoring to an earlier save and taking Ada with me during that part of the main quest solved the issue.

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:49 am

That's weird I haven't encountered that before. I play the dlc on ps4 and mods for the pc version but I haven't seen anything like that.

LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:49 am

AceGoober wrote:
The first time I played through Automatron I had no issues. The second time, after the 1.5.147 patch, I experienced:

1. After crafting robot workstation only legs were an option in the menu. Restoring an earlier save prior to engaging in conversation with Ada at the start fixed the issue.

2. Unable to proceed further in the main quest if Ada was not with me during the first Robobrain component retrieval. Restoring to an earlier save and taking Ada with me during that part of the main quest solved the issue.

Sounds like the patch is at fault here and not the dlc lol!
Back to top Go down
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:59 am

Yeah the last patch pretty much entirely disbled all of my mods, and I had it all backed up but I think it would be best to wait until the new mod system is completely updated.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you think about Automatron after initial play?   How do you think about Automatron after initial play? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you think about Automatron after initial play?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next