Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein riot machine boomers dead Gear Call vault marvel Superpele Ryse Reforged boom commonwealth power money Mask mandalorian body hunk Overhaul khan NPCs gauss ghoul daryl
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Favorite main protaganist Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Favorite main protaganist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
igniter55

igniter55

Favorite main protaganist Empty
PostSubject: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 5:49 am

So guys who do you like best The vault dweller,The chosen one,The lone wander,The courier or the latest edition the soul survivor?

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 am

It'll probably be the courier since he has a unique story *cough*finding family members/vault duties*cough*, and he didn't came out of the vault which is a nice breath of fresh air. I may be biased because FNV is my favorite game.
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm going with the courier as well. They're essentially a blank slate, with you being able to make them what- and whoever you want. Every other protagonist was already given in some way (in F1 & 2 you literally choose a character, in F3 you come from a Vault, in F4 you're a lawyer/in the military, have a wife/husbant, a voice and a child, etc.).

Though I haven't played that many Fallout games and might be wrong about some of this.
Back to top Go down
ElderFreak

ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:26 am

Well, I like the Vault Dweller and the Lone Wanderer. They have the best stories personally and they play out really well. The Vault Dweller destroys the Master's super mutant army and the Lone Wanderer who destroyed the Enclave while saving Project Purity. I think I'll have to go with the Lone Wanderer.

Kayloo

Kayloo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 am

Courier, because of their memory loss you really can come up with your own story for them. Plus they're the only protagonist out for themselves, and not looking for a lost family member.
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:30 am

I have to agree with some of the above posts, what was done New Vegas is really special. Most rpgs establish your background, or reveal it somewhere down the plot line.

Take Mass Effect and F4 for example, it's more of reading the story from a third person perspective instead of first person, since you're conveying the character's actions to further a story that is being narrated by them to close at the same ending. In NV you're a courier, no mention of your family, no mention of your personality, no mention of the life you lived, and an ending that you have near total influence over.

It's far easier to portray how I would feel in a situation as this is my character, with no established background other than what I may think of.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:49 am

First off I know people are gonna hate me..., but I have not played the early Fallout games. I know, I know, what is wrong with me? I just haven't had the time and when I do have the time I always end up playing one of my favorites again. So, I know nothing about the Vault Dweller or the Chosen One.

Now, with that said, I know everyone has said this, but the Courier. The Lone Wander was a fun run, and the character in FO4 is alright, but I like the idea of creating my own backstory (At least in my head), and then running around with a completely blank slate. It takes the fun out of it when my backstory has already been made up for me.

I know it's really early to be thinking about the next game, but if Bethesda does a FO5 I think they should do something along the lines of the alternate start mod for New Vegas. Something where you literally create who you are, what faction your apart of, etc, and then have one story with multiple endings. I don't know, it's a rough idea, but something I was thinking of. Anyway, my answer is Courier.
Back to top Go down
ShanghaiBatz

ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 pm

I would probably go with the Courier or the Vault Dweller from Fo1. The Courier for his/her roleplaying potential and just overall badassery, and the Vault Dweller for destroying the Master and his mutie army, but if I had to decide I would most likely go with the Courier.
Back to top Go down
Abazor

Abazor

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Courier, almost absolutely no backstory other than the job you had.
Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:23 am

Definitely the Courier. In my opinion, having no back story allows you to imagine it for your own gain.

Kakashi Hatake

Character sheet
Name: Cedric Williams
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:31 am

The Courier because they are one of the most ambigious characters ever. They could be anybody and that made them unique for everyone and enjoyable to make them either a deranged junkie raider or cunning diplomat as a headcanon roleplay easily.

Constable Canada

Character sheet
Name: Johnny S
Faction: Lewd Krew
Level: 69 or 99

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:37 am

I'd have to say the Courier just because he's the one without a cause. Vault Dweller was trying to save hi vault, Chosen One was trying to find the G.E.C.K., Lone Wander his or her dad, and Sole survivor his or her son. Courier is just one pissed off Mailman who ends up taking over New Vegas. (Depending on who you side with)

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 am

Definitely courier. Obsidian did well by make courier vague so you can play how you like to play and be whoever you want. Then, the DLCs explained courier's history with the Divide which really impressed me. I got goosebumps every time when I think courier has this crossroads with Ulysses and the divide Favorite main protaganist 1f602
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am

I like the Courier from New Vegas the most. I liked the Western feel and the story was good in my opinion. Fighting a war against Ceaser and his Legion. The whole choosing sides and it was just a great story. The openness of the Mojave was nice, I really don't like the city areas in Fallout 3.
Plus the DLC's were cool.

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Like everyone else, the Courier. because he has NO Background at all, beside his job,

and plus you can also change his behaviors, he can be polite, he can be rude, he can be anything basically,

compared to FO4s protagonist,

which kind of dissapoints me, with the whole "shaun" thing, and the fact that he has his own personalities, which means i can't make mine and if i make my character look nice, he might end up being a complete rude person or anything of the sort, which for me, is sad.

and there are dialogue that when you chose, it gets executed differently, like for an example

you click a dialogue that said

"It's over, just give it up"
and you were imagining how your character would say it, if your character is made to look gentle and kind, you might even imagine your character saying it in a gentle tune, but when the dialogue audio plays out, your character are either yelling or saying it in a different tune, which is kinda dissapointing for me.
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:52 am

I would have to go for the courier. He has a VERY vague background. The only thing that really tied him to the whole vault dweller protagonist thing was when Doc Mitchell gave you your vault suit and told you about how he was one too. Depending on your whole character background, that could've been YEARS ago and you probably don't even give a shit. it gave you full freedom of what character you wanted. What I also liked was that unlike the other protagonists, you have choices that really felt like you made an impact on the wasteland. You could be independent, join the Legion, the NCR, or Mr. House. They all felt like they were gonna leave a permament mark on the wasteland and most importantly, it gave you the feeling that if it wasn't for you, the wasteland would be a wasteland with no actual savior.
Back to top Go down
BeSPrideL

BeSPrideL

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 am

I cast my vote for the lonely wanderer of the shelter 101.Because I was with him from the very birth.
Find your father ...Oh the memories)))

BallistaEd87

BallistaEd87

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 am

lets see here. I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and out of the two, I like the lone wanderer better. The reason why I like the lone wanderer is because in the beginning it really showed what life was like growing up inside a vault. Pretty much free from worries. Free from radiation, illnesses, just overall safe. But then people start wondering about life outside the vault. The curiosity starts to build and people eventually start questioning it.

Then after a while, shit goes sideways when your dad decides to up and go exposing the truth about how people are coming and going in the vault. This makes just about every resident within the vault hate you for your dad exposing the truth. Forced to leave with only one thing on your mind. Answers. You seek to know the truth about why your dad left. Eventually you will learn soon enough that you are part of something big that could change the face of the wasteland either for good or evil (I choose good side as always). So I have to go with the lone wonderer.

Last edited by BallistaEd87 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Im gonna take the same route as most others and say the courier, but I am a big fan of the Sole Survivor and perhaps DLC will change this.
Back to top Go down
Ripper10000

Ripper10000

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Courier, I like how the lack of information on the protagonist allows you to create a story yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite main protaganist   Favorite main protaganist Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite main protaganist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next