Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money vault riot boom khan Ryse Superpele marvel body gauss Overhaul hunk wolfenstein mandalorian commonwealth Gear daryl ghoul Reforged NPCs Mask power Call boomers machine dead
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Today at 4:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm

» Starfield
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How do you keep the game interesting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CarlsonsRaiders

CarlsonsRaiders

How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Mods, mods and more mods. Modding Fallout has kept F03 and NV as regularly played games in my Steam Library to this day. Anything from a single weapon or gameplay change to a big overhaul or pack always makes the game more enjoyable.

Besides the obvious, I do different play styles quite a bit now. Siding NCR/Legion, melee only, energy weapons only etc... can really spice up the game and challenges me to play differently than I may want to normally.
Back to top Go down
Ulfr1c

Ulfr1c

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Mods Mods Mods. That's the key.

LtTripitZ

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Mostly modding Very Happy but also i find role-playing is what keeps me intrested in the games, most of the time.

Hect0r

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:58 am

Download certain mods you've never thought of using, try taking out fast travel, download some quest mods, new companions, new lands. My personal favorites: New Vegas bounties 1/2, Wartrash, and project brazil.
Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:43 am

Gotta agree with most folks here. Modding and roleplaying keeps me goin'. Sometimes I'll use multiple saves and have branches of different choices with the same PC just to see where things will take me.

G Vegas Reaper

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 am

At first I try to play every aspect of the game, and once I complete everything I usually go with mods.

pcricky

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 4:57 pm

I lately downloaded the fnv dust mod. It changes the whole game world. It plays 20 after new vegas. And most major factions have been destroyed or likewise. It changes the world in that most parts that were inhabted before are now abandoned or similar. I think that this mod combined with awop and some other fiting mods makes for a really new/alternative playtrough
Back to top Go down
kent1100

kent1100

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:14 am

Yes, too many of my friends are doing it. When I have such a problem occurs, I just have a rest from the game, switch to something else. And when you want to play again, I set myself the goal is to make your story that way as I want.

http://modgames.net
FryingTengu

FryingTengu

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:31 am

Well besides the endless sea of mods, I've been playing on hardcore mode. Which has been pretty fun, I like the the features that it comes with like making sure you have enough water or food on you at all times, enemies do more damage and ammo has weight. Makes me feel like I'm really trying to survive in the wastelands.
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 am

When I get bored I would usually do what everyone else said but Now I create custom armors and weapons to implement into the game then I use them in a playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Superior

Superior

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:03 am

I don't use fast travel option no matter happens. It's best way to explore wasteland.

hollowtips18

Character sheet
Name: Courier 7
Faction: NCR
Level: 38

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:07 am

I'm with you on that option friend. I mostly wander the wasteland by foot but if it's really far like goodsprings to new vegas i'll have to fast travel wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
Zurab347

Zurab347

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Install new mods of all kinds. Or just start a new game and role-play.

LightTofu

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 pm

To keep the game interesting for me is to make new playthroughs with different characters.
And I would always give them a backstory before the game starts. :p
Back to top Go down
antlion47

antlion47

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Good Thread

Hardly ill start a new game

Just walking around whitout the fast travel Very Happy 1 handgun and 1 rifle, a bunch of mod and dogmeat from TTW

Back to top Go down
CatMan

CatMan

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Download a new mod and try to find it. Walk around killing raiders as you get to your destination. Another thing I did was speed run through the campaign sort of, or whatever was left of it after I wiped out New Vegas. Execute people you would usually spare. For example, I hit The King with a tranq and made him watch me wipe out his pals. Then I ate them. After, I took his clothes and danced over him before I clubbed him with a 9 iron. Reminiscent of bioshock, in a way.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:26 pm

All sorts of things.
Play differently, use different weapons. RP.
Oh, the mods do help a ton though.

Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Play on Very Hard, Use mods that kill you very easily...Usually the by the time I die that competitive side in me comes out so that I will win and wont run from the fights in the game, mostly out of spite of the the idea that THE LEGION KILLED ME! THE LEGION! THEY WEAR SKIRTS AND KICK PUPPIES! oh, no, I can not lose to them...

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:20 pm

There are a few things that I feel are necessary to keep Bethesda-styled RPGs fresh and interesting in subsequent play-throughs: role-playing, new content, and restraint.

Typically before I start a new play-through of New Vegas or TESV I plan out my character's role first. A new character is usually, but not always, the reason I begin a new play-through in the first place. I fill out a character sheet of sorts in which I describe various aspects of my character's personality and back story. I tend to mold these traits around mechanics I know exist within the game and those added into the game by mods. Also, I tend to find that making the game as realistic as possible (in terms of game mechanics) is conducive to keeping role-playing interesting for me. A decent example of role-play is Gopher's let's plays of New Vegas and Skyrim. He makes all of his in-game decisions based on what his character would do in that situation. Even if that means something bad happens. If you are a mechanics-focused player, you could instead design challenges or participate in speed runs to keep things interesting. The latter suggestion goes against my final point, but if you are into that sort of thing I doubt the last point will matter much to you anyway.

When it comes to finding new content to use in a play-through, I usually look for stuff that will fit the character I have in mind. This typically comes in the form of weapons and armor, but sometimes it can be new game mechanics. After I've picked a new character, I like to go to the nexus and look through all of the new mods that some of my favorite authors have published since my last play-through. Of course, I also look for mods from other authors that would fit the character I have picked. New areas and quests are also a good way to keep things interesting, but I personally find user-created quests don't tend to fit the tone set by Bethesda and Obsidian.

Finally, perhaps the most important thing to keeping these games interesting is showing a bit of restraint. If you feel like you are losing interest in these games, perhaps it's time to take a short break. By playing these games too much without any downtime between sessions, you run the risk of burning yourself out. Play something else for a few months. If you are anything like me, you probably have a huge backlog of games that you haven't even touched yet (who knows, maybe some of those games will give you new ideas for characters). Over the years I have learned that variety is key to preventing burnout. I switch between genres (both aesthetic and mechanics-based) so that I never get too focused on one type of experience and lose interest overall. There used to be a time where I liked playing MMORPGs and FPS, but I played them in excess. I'm only now just getting back into shooters (old school only though), and I don't know if I'll ever be able to play an MMO ever again.

The tl;dr version of my mini-essay: switch things up, look for new content, and don't overdo it.
Back to top Go down
lazy_raven

lazy_raven

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:41 pm

I use mods as well as limit my usage of VATS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you keep the game interesting?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next