Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse commonwealth ghoul money mandalorian body wolfenstein dead riot gauss vault khan daryl Mask boom boomers power Overhaul Reforged machine Gear Superpele hunk marvel Call NPCs
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
thinovintage

thinovintage

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I play with it on. It gives an extra aspect to the game and I'm such a sucker for realism. Fallout is an RPG anyway, so why not roleplay it down to the core? Gunslinger
Back to top Go down
Sinister

Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:31 am

Personally I always have to have it on, realism makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Hardcore mode + PNV w/ FWE settings + Realistic weapon damages is the perfect setup to me.

ABakedPotato1234

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 4:00 am

I generally have it off cause I'm a baby sloth first of all, but really I've never really been bothered to turn it on

obsidian929

obsidian929

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 8:35 pm

I play with hardcore on, because I like the idea of walking into a gas station and thinking "I hope this place has some water." you know, it just gives you that more "immersion" feeling to the game. or atleast thats what it does for me.

"You brought 2 too many.."

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Hero_o10
Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 8:31 am

I have always played with hardcore on, though usually my game never lasts long enough for any of the effects to take place, Why? because no matter what, there is always something that needs tweaking or a mod that i want to download, and after installing a mod, I mise as well start a new game, so I can rinse and repeat, furthest I ever got was to primm
Back to top Go down
lastR4NG3R

lastR4NG3R

Character sheet
Name: Last Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 10:46 am

I play on Very Hard, Hardcore Mode with Project Nevada's game tweaks. I don't think I could ever go back to the original game's difficulty. It get's way too easy real fast.

MrVulpe

Character sheet
Name: Kyousuke
Faction: Maou The True Dark Lord
Level: 99

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 10:58 am

I like it but at a subtle level sometimes it can be distracting so i lower the settings using Project nevada, so its subtle but still exists. This was for me personally its not as distracting and have longer time period to eat/drink and sleep. Though some of the weight things can be annoying, got a mod for that as i dont really like that feature personally myself as i like to hoard stuff TongueTril

Back to top Go down
thompson4545

thompson4545

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm

I usually play without it I like the realistic vibe from it but the I reason I usually don't is because ammo has a weight so you can't carry a lot and I love to shoot at everything so it's a deal breaker but when I use hardcore mode it's when I'm doing a playing through of rust.

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 5:39 pm

The first few times I played Fallout New Vegas, I was pretty reluctant to even try Hardcore mode thinking that it would be far too difficult and would just make my experience frustrating. I eventually did try it and have never gone back to default since. Hardcore mode really helps in creating the immersion that I want out of a post apocalyptic game. It reminds you to stay healthy as starvation and dehydration are just as much a threat now as the Mojave's inhabitants.

Furthermore, with the help of mods and the ability to customize the settings to your liking, playing on hardcore mode can gave you some of the most greatest and entertaining experiences in Fallout. You feel great when you finally beat the game!
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:34 am

I play without it now because I've gone through so many times that it feels slightly redundant now.

I do like the restrictions, but at this point I just want to soak as much fun out of the game as I can, and scavenging for supplies has became ever so tedious.

Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 4:25 am

I want to try playing through New Vegas with hardcore on, but I just keep thinking that constantly having to sort out my inventory in terms of ammo weight and such will just become very tedious very fast - I'm a bit of a hoarder.

Nevertheless I think I will try to play through it on hardcore when I get my new computer and can set up TTW. I do like the sound of having to scavenge for food and whatever - sounds like the way the game should be played.

Doc Holliday

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 12:22 pm

I always play on Hardcore. While reading about the development of FNV in Game Informer, I was so excited to read about hardcore more. It was finally the level of realism I was looking for. My favorite feature of Hardcore is the ammo weight, its forces you to carry less, and then carefully manage your resources in the field. And while initially I did not like my companions dying permanently, I just started to play it solo. Having to eat, drink, and sleep is not really that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Hardcore is always on for me, but sometimes I wonder why. I like the extra challenge of it, but sometimes it just becomes a chore having to open my pip-boy to eat/drink. I wish there was a more immersive way to do it. I don't know exactly what could be done, but I just know it's a little bland as it is. Fun, but tedious.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 4:58 pm

I don't play hardcore on any games, I just don't like super hard game modes. I mean I don't want super easy, but I enjoy casual play. When I play Fallout I like the Role playing aspect of it so Hardcore just isn't for me.

ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 6:26 pm

I've never done a non hardcore play through, I can't see myself playing without it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4