Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine ghoul mandalorian Superpele Gear hunk NPCs Mask body money upgrades wolfenstein Reforged dead boomers marvel khan Ryse vault daryl riot space FCOM boom Call commonwealth
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
codyhendy

codyhendy

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Empty
PostSubject: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 am

Just wondering if you guys play with or without hardcore mode on. For the most part I turn it off but use it for certain playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
TheSchemenator

TheSchemenator

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:17 am

I currently don't have a NV playthrough (still doodling around in FO3), but I'm pretty keen on using it throughout the entirety of my game. I like the challenge it offers.

codyhendy

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:56 am

I like the survival aspect, I'd like to go five minutes without a companion dying though..
Back to top Go down
Vespanola

Vespanola

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 am

I like playing with the hardcore mode, i think it's something essential to the game, without it the 50% of the NV items are useless and it's less fun in my opinion

gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:58 am

I agree... hardcore mode is just so much more fun in my opinion.. it allows you to become much more immersed within the game. I love it, and i am always on the lookout for mods that make hardcore even harder without being impossible. And as vespanola stated, much of the items in FNV are pretty useless without hardcore mode enabled

hbkmog

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Hardcore mode isn't that hardcore anyway. You get plenty of water and food throughout the game. As long as you don't carry every piece of gun and armor you have, weight shouldn't be an issue either. Usually I just stick to one or two guns and that's it. I do use a mod to make my companions essential though so they won't kill themselves.
Back to top Go down
codyhendy

codyhendy

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I need that Mod hbkmog!! Any idea of what it's called?
Back to top Go down
hbkmog

hbkmog

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:02 pm

codyhendy wrote:
I need that Mod hbkmog!! Any idea of what it's called?

Search JIP Companion Command. It's very useful mod for companions. You can even have unlimited companions with it.
Back to top Go down
HassellHoffman

HassellHoffman

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I always play with hardcore mod on. It adds that "I need to survive" aspect in to the game, and makes it more immersive; especially when combined with animated chems, Enhanced camera, and Realistic Weapon Damage.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 pm

I play with hardcore mode on. For the reason of more realism for the medical and food/hydration. Also to make the game more challenging for a high level character. As others stated also more immersive in Hardcore

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:34 pm

when i first played FNV on console i played it with hardcore off but when i switched to pc i have always played with it on as it adds to the immersion for me.

Back to top Go down
Dienekes

Dienekes

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:45 pm

If the consequences of not eating/drinking water were severe enough, I would play with it on. I did my first playthrough in hardcore mode and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, so I turned it off for my next one and enjoyed it that way. I would like to get a mod that makes it tougher to survive, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Back to top Go down
Nero9369

Nero9369

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:14 pm

When I use to play on my 360 I played hardcore all the time. It really isn't that hard sometime I would forget that it was actually on. Until I saw something about getting thirsty or hungry, plus it's not hard to find food and water in the wasteland. PC on the other hand some mods can make hardcore a lot more challenging.

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 pm

If you want a good challenge I recommend playing on Very Hard, Hard Core and the mod RWD: Realistic Wasteland Damage. Every fire fight will be an actual struggle even if you're up against a single person. CASM is recommended because you'll die a lot (assuming you're not starting out with godly armor, companions and weapons)

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Dienekes wrote:
If the consequences of not eating/drinking water were severe enough, I would play with it on. I did my first playthrough in hardcore mode and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, so I turned it off for my next one and enjoyed it that way. I would like to get a mod that makes it tougher to survive, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you get Project nevada and activate the 'rebalance' there is an MCM menu with a slider to change this and much more
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
pwninronan

pwninronan

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 pm

I'm all about the immersion, realism, and I even play on 'Very Hard' mode. That being said, Hardcore mode seems perfect for me. However, I just can't play much of it without giving in to the temptation of turning it off. It takes so much away from my favorite part of Fallout - adventuring and combat. I'll be in a very high-adrenaline shootout with some Powder Gangers but I have to keep checking my Pip-Boy to drink some purified water. Or I might be more concerned with getting some more food that I lose track of the story at hand (why are we going to get this trackfinder again?). Every playthrough I try and switch it back on and give it another go... But I've just come to terms with the fact that I'm not a big fan of the survival elements, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Cracky

Cracky

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:50 pm

No I'm a wimp... I just like playing Fallout in standard mode, blowing stuff up! :')

Decker2468

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:19 am

I play without hardcore because I don't want my companion dying on me. I know hate me.
Back to top Go down
xThat1WhiteKidx

xThat1WhiteKidx

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:34 am

I play with it on, but I also have a mod that makes my companions essential so they won't die even though hardcore is on.

ZorkyTheDude

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 am

Absolutely, can't play without it, after new vegas i wanted to use Fwe in fo3 just for the primary needs, it is not a big ultra mega feature but i think that those two script and number give me something that thousand of games don't give... IMMERSION.

PostSubject: Re: Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?   Do you play with or without hardcore mode on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you play with or without hardcore mode on?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next