Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs vault Superpele Gear Reforged Call body boomers ghoul wolfenstein Ryse riot power Mask hunk mandalorian dead money Overhaul commonwealth daryl machine marvel khan gauss boom
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Today at 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm

» Starfield
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout TV Series Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MrPezza

MrPezza

Character sheet
Name: The Lion
Faction: Horizon Military Solutions
Level: -

Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 pm

Following the general consensus here, I’m excited but a little bit anxious about the concept. I’m fine with the idea of there being a little bit of political statement, let’s be honest 50’s America wasn’t the best place for anyone who wasn’t a straight white male.

I’m a little bit concerned that if they do go the way of making the main character a vault dweller, that they use the characters previous isolation and adherence to 50’s norms to get on their soapbox and start monologuing at length.

Honestly though, I was really hoping Amazon would’ve got this series. I think there would be more of a chance of them making it in a dark comedy style, like they did with Preacher. And seeing that the two source materials originate from a similar time period (early mid 90s) they could’ve made a decent show out of the early fallout games that are tonally similar to how they Preacher

XIV VII MCMXC
Back to top Go down
AlanaSP

AlanaSP

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Im also concerned on time frame. I feel like they may do a 76 and have it based on a dweller from a control vault. So we get a glimpse of before the bombs dropped similar to fallout 4. They could also go with an ex enclave officer or something and see the atrocities they have committed. I dunno

Otherwise for a show to capture non fallout audiences they then have to explain everything. Like ghouls, fev enclave, brotherhood the resource wars etc

The OG Queen of 76 Porting
Check out my Ko-fi page for pictures, access to my mods and to help support my McDonald's addiction.

Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Kofi_button_red

Back to top Go down
lordniti2

lordniti2

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 7:11 pm

malcgarvey wrote:
Well i hope it's not more "Woke" garbage...

In today's current climax, "woke" is the new norm, I have my doubts about this series, hopefully they take their time refine the story, the last thing Bethesda needs is another disaster with "Fallout" attached to it.

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 pm

MrPezza wrote:
Following the general consensus here, I’m excited but a little bit anxious about the concept. I’m fine with the idea of there being a little bit of political statement, let’s be honest 50’s America wasn’t the best place for anyone who wasn’t a straight white male.

It's worth remembering though, even if Bethesda rarely seems to, that while they are either trapped or in a return to the 50s style aesthetic, it's not actually the 1950s. It's nearly 2100. One of the first things you see in Fallout 4 as you flee to 101 is a mixed-race lesbian couple holding eachother in fear. So it doesn't seem like socially the Fallout setting is still in the 50s. Then again, the Lone Wanderer being gay for Amata is treated as gross by her, and the Sole Survivor is forced to straight (or wear a beard) right up until they are free in a post-apocalypse hellscape. So, who really knows what they will go with. 'Chems' are certainly freely available with no real stigma attached. I never got the impression that racism was a thing anymore, unless you were Chinese.

Also, I would have preferred to be a gay woman in America than a straight white male miner in the UK in the 50s. The 50s in the US and the UK might as well have been different centuries. Compare the quaint little town in Back to the Future with an episode of Call the Midwife and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Tone and theme aside, the ways of life and hardships were totally different. America was massively progressive and wealthy compared to other nations in that period. Of course, I don't know how idealised American cinema and tv made the 50s look, I just know what a hellscape the post-war UK was for decades. We were still practically Victorian.

When I see people claiming white men are privileged, as someone who grew up in a poor mining region and knows recent history, and everyone in my area has relatives who died to lung disease/accidents after brutal careers in poverty, the generalisations make me genuinely angry. The working class in the UK generally had the 'privilege' to to die poor and suffering so someone could make a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
apraha91

apraha91

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 10:23 am

Hold my hopes high, fearing that pc will ruin that show...
Still, totally gonna binge it.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 11:46 am

MrPezza wrote:
I’m fine with the idea of there being a little bit of political statement, let’s be honest 50’s America wasn’t the best place for anyone who wasn’t a straight white male.

While true, the thing is that Fallout isn't set in the 50's. They just never really left that 50's style, but they did move on and advance. Hell, in FO4 we see a biracial lesbian couple in the beginning before the bombs fall so clearly they had their movements happen. So shoving in political statements about current or stuff from the 50's would not be fitting at all and would be obvious to most people.
Back to top Go down
BlaneTrain

BlaneTrain

PostSubject: Probably not gonna watch. Probably gonna be shit.    Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm

From what I’ve seen from Bethesda in terms of writing, they’re shit. With or without influence by today’s god-awful political climate, it’s gonna bomb.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:44 am

Video game movies, TV shows, etc are never a profitable venture other than for franchising your product. I have never once been tempted to watch a movie or TV show because it has the same title as a video game I play. If a video game is a good video game, it likely won't be a good movie or TV series. The other way around varies, but video games are designed to be interactive, hence why they don't make good entertainment without that element of interactivity and user involvement. It's what a lot of developers don't consider when they make games overly cinematic. Sometimes it works, majority of the time it doesn't. I think this will be one of the times it doesn't work, and I will stand by that view because I don't see a sandbox role-playing game being as interesting it is to watch as it is to play.

I remember watching Nuka Break around the time I was most interested in Fallout. It was interesting to watch from a production standpoint, seeing how well-made their costumes and props were for a fairly low budget fan-made web series. The narrative and acting weren't master class, but for a fan project it is acceptable. A Fallout TV series would have to be outdo Nuka Break in production value, scriptwriting and acting to be reputable. For all of the times Bethesda has been outdone by their own community, this will be the crown jewel of their embarrassment if they don't get it right.

What can you really do with a Fallout TV series anyway? It seems antithetical to the principles the game series was founded upon. Why do companies expect us to buy something that they have openly confessed won't have everything we buy the games for? Treating your customers like mindless apes hypnotised by titles and fandom is a recipe for failure.
Back to top Go down
BakedPotato

BakedPotato

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: NCR
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Blonde wrote:
Video game movies, TV shows, etc are never a profitable venture other than for franchising your product. I have never once been tempted to watch a movie or TV show because it has the same title as a video game I play. If a video game is a good video game, it likely won't be a good movie or TV series. The other way around varies, but video games are designed to be interactive, hence why they don't make good entertainment without that element of interactivity and user involvement. It's what a lot of developers don't consider when they make games overly cinematic. Sometimes it works, majority of the time it doesn't. I think this will be one of the times it doesn't work, and I will stand by that view because I don't see a sandbox role-playing game being as interesting it is to watch as it is to play.

I kind of agree with movies/tv shows of video games not working super well, but I only agree with that if it was going to be something like Fallout 4: The TV Series, instead of completely new fallout content. If we get new fallout content in the form of a tv series i'm okay with that, and could see myself taking the time to watch that over playing fallout for a little while as long as its good, but if a movie or tv series just retold the same story that was already told in a video game I probably wouldn't watch it. Think of the fallout new vegas comic "all roads". It's fallout content served in a different medium that really only enhances the narrative in the video game. I will admit though that a tv show has a significantly higher chance of being terrible than a comic that was planned ahead of time and came with the collectors edition of the game. But I have some faith it might be good.
Back to top Go down
BlaneTrain

BlaneTrain

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:24 am

It seems like ever since the dreaded Super Mario Bros. movie, there's been a curse on movie-based games. I like to think that the problem is Hollywood not understanding the source material.
BTW, any links to that comic? Never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
BakedPotato

BakedPotato

Character sheet
Faction: NCR
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:27 am

BlaneTrain wrote:
It seems like ever since the dreaded Super Mario Bros. movie, there's been a curse on movie-based games. I like to think that the problem is Hollywood not understanding the source material.
BTW, any links to that comic? Never heard of it.

Here's an online version of it I found https://imgur.com/gallery/dYFAz

and here's where you can get a physical copy if you want it
https://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Vegas-All-Roads-Chris-Avellone/dp/B0048O5ICY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=fallout+all+roads&qid=1594247205&s=books&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
BallsOnTheDelli

BallsOnTheDelli

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 pm

I am cautiously optimistic ..... but at he same time

Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Giphy

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Given the direction of the series as a whole, I am pretty unenthusiastic about this. I don't have much faith in Bethesda as a whole when it comes to storytelling anymore. I've got little faith in them making anything more than a lore-abusing, fan service smothered show starirng the Enclave, Synths and anything else people will recognise from past games but not entirely lore-friendly. In other words, something entirely rehashed and unoriginal.

That said,  I've always wanted to visit the "civilised" wasteland and show day to day lives of regular people. Imagine a show set in somewhere like New Reno, dealing with the mobsters and corrupt NCR govt, or Shady Sands with the people under-trodden by the Brahmin barons and (again) corrupt politicians, or Megaton with the Atom cults and shady folks like Moriarty, and the (from what we can tell in Fallout 4) increasingly antagonistic Brotherhood of Steel. Something that deals with new material that's only really been brushed over in the games, but largely just serves as plot dressing. If not, maybe we get a new location, somewhere different, dealing with a new story entirely.

Stuff like that is infinitely more interesting than a bunch of people wandering the wasteland fighting mutated creatures. That makes a fun game, but not so much for TV.

The shows biggest saving grace, imo, is the fact that the people behind Westworld are onboard, and that show has been consistently good. Provided they actually put the time into reviewing the source material, care about what they are doing and are given some space within which to work freely and build a new story, this could be pretty damn good.

Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 5:20 pm

I'm with you there, it's not going to be the best thing going.

However, I've seen elsewhere a discussion that if they do it "American Horror Story" style then it would be interesting to see, especially if there's time/location jumps as well, so we can see different bits of the wasteland at different times.

But yeah, I'm going with the "assume it's going to be bad" so my expectations can at least be managed.
Back to top Go down
War Engie

War Engie

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Maybe one episode will be like the movie Buried with Ryan Renolds, but instead of Renolds it's just the Ghoul kid in the fridge for the enitre time.
Back to top Go down
Garska

Garska

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 11:39 pm

I don't have high expectations, Fallout 4 was kind of dull compared the old ones and NV. Bethesda already showed us they can be disappointing. But I really hope to be surprised in a good way, with an original story, and maybe more focused on the wasteland rather than vault dwellers.

PS : aren't the rule here are "no politics"? Lot of message were about "ooga bad woke agenda ooba don't want to see gay people" and that's politic; not to mention anyone.

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 6:14 pm

I've hopes, kinda like westworld. I just hope they catch up the dark humor of the previous titles

Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 6:16 pm

War Engie wrote:
Maybe one episode will be like the movie Buried with Ryan Renolds, but instead of Renolds it's just the Ghoul kid in the fridge for the enitre time.

Please, no ghoul kid. Literally anything but that

Alfaz

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Sonichu_fanboy wrote:
It's gonna be a disaster. The fallout movie was axed by interplay for a reason(besides funding): despite the great lore and world, it's horribly difficult to make something that's both good and actually interesting in a setting like this, without it looking like blatant fanfiction, a kudos to great writing and lifelike characters and setting of the OG games and new vegas.

Looking at bethesda's recent social media strategy, it will likely be something very generic and pandery, like the "netflix specials". Considering the current political climate, I am looking forward to seeing some sort of revelations how lesbians, gays and otherkin were severely discriminated against before the great war, the "bad guy" being white and "good guys" being a rag tag team of neon haired "diverse" characters, and some half baked neo nazi faction springing out of nowhere for good reason and feeling out of place, for extra diversity points(they lose, of course)ect. I recall the netflix witcher having a scene where the black guy screws a white woman for no reason(and the armor design looking like dicks, because males are all dickheads. I should mention writers were mostly women), so this is by no means an exaggeration, I guess we will have to see what genre and setting(east or west coast, year, tie in or original story) they are going with.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for it being actually good, companies have been recently making a whole lot of shovelware, forgettable shows like these, it's an opportunity to advertise the brand name at little risk and for the writers to virtue signal their political beliefs, with an awful quality of the actual writing, as it is entirely riding on the brand name to get views, that's the trend, it seems. I would like to be surprised, but I'm just being realistic

This did get me thinking, tho, where is TES tv show? Where is TES6? Did bethesda just forget about their more homegrown franchise and are shifting focus almost entirely on fallout?  Fallout can't be making them THAT much money, especially after 76

I couldn't agree more. The fact that this is being headed by the WestWorld showrunners is proof to me that this show won't have a leg to stand on. If the writing is like what i'm expecting, then the show will blow its proverbial load on the first season and everything else will be audience pander and deviated storytelling.

I'm a huge withcer fan, read all the books, couldn't stand the TV series on Netflix. It was a travesty that some bastards even make it to show.

I believe the reason they are going with Fallout over TES is because HBO just finished Game of Thrones which was fanatasy heavy. But why they decided to make another cowboy-scifi 'end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it' (lookin at you west world) is beyond me.

DumbleCore wrote:
I've hopes, kinda like westworld. I just hope they catch up the dark humor of the previous titles

The best writing from fallout IMO came from Fallout 1. Fallout 2 was funnier in the traditional sense, but the atmosphere and writing of Fallout 1 was truly dark comedy, which turned into more blatant slapstick type comedy of 2. Fallout 3 and 4 never really had the same storytelling ability that the originals and New Vegas had. The bethesda fallout games relied more on storytelling that left little to the imagination. They mostly used obvious storytelling and give you lore and context in one breath. Bethesda story telling is full of retcons to established lore, in an attempt to paint a picture. What we get is a crudely drawn, out-of-the-lines crayolla mess, with as much depth as turkey sandwich. Me ,ay have more and more new lore everyday from them, but its a mile wide and an inch deep.

Tira

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 pm

I have to agree with @Sonichu_fanboy wrote: It's gonna be a disaster. I personally think it will be a flop (it really is sad to think this way). However I will try to watch the TV Series or as much as I am able to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout TV Series Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next