Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine commonwealth mandalorian wolfenstein body Gear power money daryl Ryse marvel boomers riot Reforged ghoul Overhaul khan NPCs Call gauss dead vault boom Superpele hunk Mask
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby monke gaming Today at 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout TV Series Announced Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout TV Series Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Fallout TV Series Announced Empty
PostSubject: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Amazon has announced that a Fallout TV series is in the works. Thoughts?

via Twitter:

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm mostly wondering what tone they'd go with for the series, because that would honestly make or break it for me. I am curious though, and definitely will start following updates for that

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm

It's gonna be a disaster. The fallout movie was axed by interplay for a reason(besides funding): despite the great lore and world, it's horribly difficult to make something that's both good and actually interesting in a setting like this, without it looking like blatant fanfiction, a kudos to great writing and lifelike characters and setting of the OG games and new vegas.

Looking at bethesda's recent social media strategy, it will likely be something very generic and pandery, like the "netflix specials". Considering the current political climate, I am looking forward to seeing some sort of revelations how lesbians, gays and otherkin were severely discriminated against before the great war, the "bad guy" being white and "good guys" being a rag tag team of neon haired "diverse" characters, and some half baked neo nazi faction springing out of nowhere for good reason and feeling out of place, for extra diversity points(they lose, of course)ect. I recall the netflix witcher having a scene where the black guy screws a white woman for no reason(and the armor design looking like dicks, because males are all dickheads. I should mention writers were mostly women), so this is by no means an exaggeration, I guess we will have to see what genre and setting(east or west coast, year, tie in or original story) they are going with.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for it being actually good, companies have been recently making a whole lot of shovelware, forgettable shows like these, it's an opportunity to advertise the brand name at little risk and for the writers to virtue signal their political beliefs, with an awful quality of the actual writing, as it is entirely riding on the brand name to get views, that's the trend, it seems. I would like to be surprised, but I'm just being realistic

This did get me thinking, tho, where is TES tv show? Where is TES6? Did bethesda just forget about their more homegrown franchise and are shifting focus almost entirely on fallout? Fallout can't be making them THAT much money, especially after 76

malcgarvey

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Well i hope it's not more "Woke" garbage...
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Its hard to guess so early how it will go. Its made by Christopher Nolans Brother, Johnathan and Lisa Joy who have both a good record of films and shows so far. And none of these seem as politicized as your typical Netflix shows.
It will probably be a standalone though more than an adaption of any kind. Just like the Nolan-Trilogy he co-wrote.

But I agree with you both, movies and games in the last years have been extremely pandering to be politically correct and that doesn't suit fallout at all. I'm still frustrated about The Last Of Us 2 , I don't need another apocalypse to be ruined by a teenage love drama.

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 4:56 pm

BloodySister69 wrote:

But I agree with you both, movies and games in the last years have been extremely pandering to be politically correct and that doesn't suit fallout at all. I'm still frustrated about The Last Of Us 2 , I don't need another apocalypse to be ruined by a teenage love drama.
too late, expect gay couples and black on white sex to trigger these nasty fascists Smile
Honestly, if they did something like the storyteller machinima did, which was including a new character or two in a setting already familiar with the players, and getting old characters involved in a new conflict, that would be perfect, but you know that won't happen. It's gonna be woke as fuck

Acies

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:16 pm

I don't have high hopes either. I can picture already the Brotherhood of Steel being the focus (and the heroes) of the series.

AlanaSP

AlanaSP

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 pm

I hope it doesnt look like a fan movie

The OG Queen of 76 Porting
Check out my Ko-fi page for pictures, access to my mods and to help support my McDonald's addiction.

Fallout TV Series Announced Kofi_button_red

Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 pm

I'll give the people who are going to be guiding the ship credit; Person of Interest was a genuinely good show with some good characters that would fit neatly into Fallout, and Westworld looks good and seems to have high production values from what I've seen of the trailers. Time will tell I guess.
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Oh wow, that's something you hear about in speculation youtube videos and now its actually happening. Super stoked for it. Hopefully they release some information as to where it's taking place within the Fallout universe. I have my fingers crossed for a return to the West Coast, the NCR and Legion plot is just too dang intriguing. If I were to guess on what it most likely be, probably the Capital Wasteland around the time during or just before Fallout 4. It seemed to change immensely since the events of Fallout 3, would be perfect for some nostalgia while also having some of the freedoms towards creativity. I though i personally hope that it doesn't involve any vault dwellers, that is played off too much. This isn't going to be a role playing story and a character with an interesting background and ties is what a show needs.
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:04 pm

I don't have high hopes but I'm interested to see how it turns out

Could either be a semi-serious comedy based on Bethesda's wacky and 'light hearted' version of the wasteland, or a serious show about some kind of politics that either does or doesn't have anything to do with Fallout.

Either way I have a feeling the antagonist will be the Enclave or something similar. The Fallout 3 version that is, since that's what a majority of modern fallout players think of when you say 'fallout antagonist' as much as I'd prefer something like the legion, the master or the original enclave. Either that or 'someone stole your son'. The protagonist will probably be from a vault, since I feel like it's the first thing writers looking into fallout would see. If not then some kind of wasteland scavenger. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the creatures, robots, weapons and power armor though

Here's to hoping the writers have good taste or actually know a bit about the franchise. The budget will most likely be fine and the visuals high quality but I otherwise don't have much faith for anything Bethesda affiliated
Back to top Go down
BakedPotato

BakedPotato

Character sheet
Faction: NCR
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 pm

I'm not going to set my expectations for this very high, but amazon has done a good job with a lot of its originals so I can't expect it to be downright bad on it's own, I just worry about how it treats canon. Another thing with bethesda fallout games is how they depict the world 200 years after the war, I feel like with bethesda fallout games the bombs might as well have dropped last year with how little civilization actually exists in the wasteland, whereas with fallout new vegas you have multiple factions/nations that have actual depth with their ideologies and history, and its not a black and white this faction is good and that one is bad, and those factions interact with eachother in different ways. I'm curious if the series will depict a world that is recovering from total destruction and civilizations are rising, or if they'll depict everything as a dramatic wasteland where nobody is safe outside of small settlements. Either way i'm definitely going to watch it, and I'm happy to get new fallout content that doesn't take away from starfield or the elder scrolls game development.

Edit: Another thing to keep in mind is how the witcher tv show did, and what it did for the franchise

Last edited by BakedPotato on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackmask4911

blackmask4911

Character sheet
Name: Lawrence
Faction: Me, Myself, and I
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 am

I really, REALLY hope this is good.
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:11 am

Acies wrote:
I don't have high hopes either. I can picture already the Brotherhood of Steel being the focus (and the heroes) of the series.

Brotherhood of Steel are fascists now, they won't be popular with the crowd. My bet is that it's gonna be a tie in to one of the vaults mentioned in fallout 3 or 4, like vault 76 was mentioned a decade before fallout 76 was released, maybe it will even be hidden ad for fallout 5

jetpack4

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:58 am

It can go either way. Worried about what they will do with the lore, but with the state of it since some of the recent Fallout instalments it could be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 12:55 am

I have a feeling it's going to be a "WOKE" nightmare of a cash grab BUT that's just me. If it is then you know the saying "GET WOKE GO BROKE!" but that's if it goes that way BUT i have a feeling it probably might and they will spin it as "Well Fallout is a RPG blah blah player choice blah blah.....etc" Honestly we havent seen a good modern Fallout sense New Vegas and with how $BethesdEA$'s been here lately i can see them going to the 9's to mainstream this to what ever hot topic they can. But that's just one humble ghost persons opinion and 2 Sierra Madre chips.

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 9:25 am

Not gonna have a high expectation. I've been cheated by Avatar (live action film), the failure that was S8 of GOT, and countless others. Then again, I've been also proven wrong. Hope that this would be the case.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
blackmask4911

blackmask4911

Character sheet
Name: Lawrence
Faction: Me, Myself, and I
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 11:58 am

shocktrooper666 wrote:
I have a feeling it's going to be a "WOKE" nightmare of a cash grab BUT that's just me. If it is then you know the saying "GET WOKE GO BROKE!" but that's if it goes that way BUT i have a feeling it probably might and they will spin it as "Well Fallout is a RPG blah blah player choice blah blah.....etc" Honestly we havent seen a good modern Fallout sense New Vegas and with how $BethesdEA$'s been here lately i can see them going to the 9's to mainstream this to what ever hot topic they can. But that's just one humble ghost persons opinion and 2 Sierra Madre chips.

This is what I'm worried about as well. NV was really the last good fallout we've gotten, and that game is 10 years old... I really want this show to be great, but I don't trust Bethesda, and Westworld has had plenty of issues after season 1, I guess only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
DrumstickBrainTickin246

DrumstickBrainTickin246

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 11:53 pm

ehhhh.... kind of terrified. They might make a decent story, but really worry it's going to absolutely shit on the lore. Amazon has tended to make some pretty wild changes with comics they've adapted to series (the boys and watchmen).
Back to top Go down
MrPezza

MrPezza

Character sheet
Name: The Lion
Faction: Horizon Military Solutions
Level: -

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:05 am

Following the general consensus here, I’m excited but a little bit anxious about the concept. I’m fine with the idea of there being a little bit of political statement, let’s be honest 50’s America wasn’t the best place for anyone who wasn’t a straight white male.

I’m a little bit concerned that if they do go the way of making the main character a vault dweller, that they use the characters previous isolation and adherence to 50’s norms to get on their soapbox and start monologuing at length.

Honestly though, I was really hoping Amazon would’ve got this series. I think there would be more of a chance of them making it in a dark comedy style, like they did with Preacher. And seeing that the two source materials originate from a similar time period (early mid 90s) they could’ve made a decent show out of the early fallout games that are tonally similar to how they Preacher

XIV VII MCMXC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout TV Series Announced   Fallout TV Series Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout TV Series Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next