Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele daryl Reforged ghoul mandalorian Overhaul power machine Ryse khan marvel Gear boomers vault Call money riot gauss dead hunk boom Mask body NPCs wolfenstein commonwealth
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby scrab20 Today at 9:18 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Yesterday at 3:00 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheLastJuan

TheLastJuan

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 12:49 pm

1.- They gave control to the biggest hack in the industry of "nostalgic franchises", JJ "Mystery box" Abrams.

2.-They gave the videogame rights to EA.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Well its just every thing. Disney is the EA of Film industry.

The best way to show how litle they understand about Star Wars would be Luke.

Luke in old movies.
"My father has killed milions of inocent people but i know there is still good in him."

Luke in new movies.
"Mhe my nephew had some bad dreams i better kill him."

Back to top Go down
SubJet

SubJet

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 2:56 pm

I do have some distaste in disney starwars but by no means is it worse than legends, where they made Ig-88 part of the death star.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Well legends went some what to far. How ever they still had some good stuff. Old rebuplic was great.
I still enjoy playing KOTOR, but boy did they shit in KOTOR 2 still loking on you Obsidian. And well Revans story was quite the fail, being one of the best Sith Lords and geting his ass kicked by some low levels in an mid class MMO.
Back to top Go down
apraha91

apraha91

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 am

Inconsistency and so popular right now political correctness. Both plot breaking.
Good recycling, very bad scripting.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:42 am

Disney rescued star wars from Lucas, who had utterly lost his mind as far as I'm concerned. Jar Jar! R2 flying! I could go on but I'll give myself pstd. So glad that ridiculous prequel era is a thing of the past. Dinsey in charge means we're going to be seeing a whole range of good or bad Star Wars, rather than something eternally controlled by one man who had lost his touch.

Rey and Fin have no hope of ever being the legends that Han and Luke were but that's the fault of Abrams being waaay over-worshiped and over-rated. Joss Whedon has ended up like that too, over-rated now despite his hallowed past achievements) Rey is nowhere near as horrible a character as Jar Jar, not even remotely close.

Social justice? I love it. I want more. People who hate social justice have no idea how that actually makes them look. Most people who hate social justice didn't complain about movies that featured mostly male characters, but put a woman or a black woman up front, and they go mad. It's really incredible.

It's not social justice that hurt the new movies, it's just that Abrams didn't know what to do with it, he just wasn't able to come up with an interesting idea; remove the "social justice" and it still would have been flat.
I thought Rogue One was serviceable if certainly not a legend. The Mandalorian is being fairly well received, and that means, more than anything, that it's the individual writers that make or break it, and not Disney itself. Disney breaking Lucas' stranglehold means some new blood is being allowed into the frnachise, and some of it will fall flat, and some of it will excel beyond the prequel-era Lucas.
Back to top Go down
scrab20

scrab20

Character sheet
Name: Gnae Icci Brute
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Lack of imagination, lack of quality creation content just lazyness in general and lame and annoying characters, it's very sad the only good movies that they did was rogue one and solo movies.
Back to top Go down
Skroge

Skroge

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 5:03 pm

i think that the new Disney CEO is getting rid of the JSWs in the future they already started it.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:06 am

Disney saved Star Wars from Lucas. Jar Jar era was the deepest pits of doom for Star Wars, its lowest point.
Ranting about social justice... do you any of you know how that makes you look? To be against justice?
The failures, if any, of the new movies had NOTHING, and I mean nothing, to do with a progressive agenda. Unless you're so backward that any female protagonist is automatically wrong. The failings simply had nothing to do with social justice. They just didn't. Hysteria over black and female leads ... seriously, it's 2021. Deal with it, for gods sakes.

Disney = Mandalorian. Lucas = mesa big pile of embarrassing cartoon character crap
I'm not going to keep talking about this if people think a return to Jar Jar over the Mandalorian (or even Rogue One) would be preferable. That's irreconcilable differences.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Sirdanest wrote:
Disney saved Star Wars from Lucas.  Jar Jar era was the deepest pits of doom for Star Wars, its lowest point.  
Ranting about social justice... do you any of you know how that makes you look?  To be against justice?  
The failures, if any, of the new movies had NOTHING, and I mean nothing, to do with a progressive agenda.  Unless you're so backward that any female protagonist is automatically wrong.  The failings simply had nothing to do with social justice.  They just didn't.  Hysteria over black and female leads ... seriously, it's 2021.  Deal with it, for gods sakes.  

Disney = Mandalorian.  Lucas = mesa big pile of embarrassing cartoon character crap
I'm not going to keep talking about this if people think a return to Jar Jar over the Mandalorian (or even Rogue One) would be preferable.  That's irreconcilable differences.

Cherry picking the best of one thing and the worst of another isn't really a great way to make a point.
Lets not kid ourselves, the sequel trilogy was a disaster. A complete and utter mess. The prequel trilogy has moments where you want to scoop your eyeballs out and replace them with hot coals - But at the very least, Lucas had a plan.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
Null343

Null343

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 pm

I agree that Lucas was ruining SW before he sold it to Disney, in fact I was already on my way out of the fandom because Lucas retconned my favorite Star Wars novel series out of existence so he could make the second Clone Wars animated series but Rey, the main character of the Disney series had no real character arc. I will say however I liked Rogue One for A. Fixing a major plot hole in the original trilogy, and B. Giving us a darker much more morally grey protagonists which I like.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 9:01 am

People seem to have forgotten how fiercely they hated Lucas for the prequels and the dreaded Jar Jar. Those movies were once despised as the near-total destruction of star wars. It's weird that people are more upset about Rey than Jar Jar now. She wasn't even a fraction as annoying. But people have forgotten that Star Wars was declared dead ages ago, now.
Back to top Go down
FireFly500

FireFly500

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 9:46 pm

IMO, the plots are now molded to fit the extreme feminist/SJW agenda, aka the "Blame Sexism" route; A truly terrible plague in the film industry ever since that horrible, all-female remake of Ghostbusters. Sadly, it's not just Star wars that's been affected, Disney's other stuff is starting to fall apart due to this, as well. A true pity to be sure Sad
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 3:40 am

The new trilogy was in fact blamed for its racism. It was not at all social justice. Its' just people say "female lead" and went nuts screaming "social justice ooooh nooo not social justice! Get away feminism no women! " It was soundly criticized by many left "SJW" sources.
Boyega is bitter about the movies because he was just a token black guy. It failed miserably on the things that angered the anti-woke crowd!
Back to top Go down
vielas1

vielas1

Character sheet
Name: Vielas
Faction: Mechanist
Level: 250

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 am

There is just too much, when I was growing up, it was mythical. Now it's oversaturated, and only milks past lore. I liked knights of the old republic and clone wars, they at least added stuff. It's kinda sad that a lot of the best scenes in Kanobi were just rehashes from the previous IP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War   What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you hate about what Disney has done to Star War

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2