Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein power hunk dead Call mandalorian money Gear NPCs Overhaul ghoul Reforged body marvel Superpele gauss machine Mask commonwealth Ryse khan boomers riot boom daryl vault
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Today at 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 11:57 am

» The Next fallout
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 pm

» Starfield
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Could things have gone differently for the fiends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AshurForrester

AshurForrester

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 8:48 pm

I think it depends on the ending you get or whatever faction you side with. For example, they'd get wiped out eventually by NCR, either wiped out or assimilated into the Legion, or be made a family of the strip by House/Yes-man if they ever decide to expand. House did that with the original families.

In theory, the Fiends could be forced to abandon their ways of excessive drug use, or at least minimize it. The White Glove Society were forced to give up cannibalism and that seemed a pretty integral part of their community back when they were tribal, like how drug use is a pretty integral part of the Fiends. Oh, and the murdering...

Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:14 pm

When you say they'd be wiped out by the NCR or the Legion, does that mean their theoretical leader, the Courier, would be unable to stop their destruction at the hands of the other factions?
Back to top Go down
Xrad

Xrad

Character sheet
Name: Moon Man
Faction: Loners Boone
Level: 58

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am

i only have one thing to say in this subject "violent pleasures have violent ends"

aye some shakespeare reference right under you nose m8's
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Meth is a Hell of a drug :
But seriously the fiends would never organize even with the Courier and Fiend Leaders like Motor Runner or Cook Cook
Sooner or later their fates were sealed. Wither it was Legion or NCR or House the Fiends would be eradicated. Like the Great Khans the Fiends would have been massacred by whom ever won at Hoover Dam. Not to mention how even with Motor Runner leading things from Vault 3 currently the fiends are so strung out on drugs they are almost impossible to lead in a organized manner. I don't believe the courier could get them to work together without getting them off the drugs.
Raiders from Fallout 3 would be easier than Fiends. At least the Raiders have Evergreen Mills.

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 4:42 am

The courier would have to go the yes man route to have proper firepower against any organized faction since the main army is junkie raiders. They obviously dont produce anything to sustain themselves (They have to rely on drug runners like Great Khans) and dont seem to be interested in that (Too drugged up lol). Someone is gonna put them down, i dont see any allies for the fiends with their reputation

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 2:06 pm

blahblahblah wrote:
The courier would have to go the yes man route to have proper firepower against any organized faction since the main army is junkie raiders.

Yeah, that was pretty much my assumption; a fully empowered Courier trying to use the Fiends.
The NCR has been purged from the Mojave and nuked, the Legion -- the same. House is gone. There's no one left to wipe out the fiends.

So now what if they're all now dosed with Fixer by a canny Courier?
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Fiends are sadly the poor victims of other more powerful peoples' power play. Whatever tribal customs they once had have been annihilated by the Legion's support of their drug epidemic and funded proxy war, and the NCR fully intends to wipe them out (Great Khan-style I might add) once given the chance. They're a blight on Mr House's vision of a pre-war Vegas, so I imagine that securitron army will quickly be rolling down south after Hoover Dam is reclaimed.

Maybe an independent Vegas under the Courier would treat them differently? I don't know, I think it's for the best that their leaders are taken out of the picture, and whatever Fiends left alive after that are given the chance to escape the life and rehabilitate Razz-style. I imagine a lot of them would stick together and either migrate elsewhere (again, similar to the Khans) or try to integrate into Vegas.

I dislike the fact that more details aren't given into the Fiends' personal lives. With the skull helmets and various bases of operations, they're obviously a tribe in their own right, but the game wanted the Fallout 3-style junkie raiders as cannon-fodder so there they are. I'd love more characters with humanised stories, more details into how they operate socially, their drug and slave trades, and seriously, where are their kids and elderly?

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Could things have gone differently for the fiends?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2