Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul power money body machine Ryse marvel dead commonwealth hunk boom boomers daryl riot wolfenstein gauss Call Mask Gear NPCs ghoul Superpele vault khan Reforged mandalorian
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby monke gaming Today at 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Could things have gone differently for the fiends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Empty
PostSubject: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 5:52 pm

If Moto-Runner and the Courier had really gotten together and worked on an organized plan together, could the Fiends have one day been more than they were at the time? Are they doomed to nothing but mindless destroyers, or could there have been a theoretical scenario where they ended up more?
Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:09 pm

In my opionion Fiends, are nothing more than a mindless junkies (with guns of course). Sooner or later they would be vanished by NCR/Legion/Mr. House/Yes Man's Army and etc.

I can't imagine a future of these criminals, because they're sence of living - is to kill more and more, using drugs before they die of overdose. They like nomadic criminals.

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 pm

That's indeed normally their destiny. But Moto-Runner and the Courier are at least a little above the average fiend. The courier, by the end, can pretty much point at anything and say "This faction is dead by my hand." If the courier inexplicably decided to put all his or her power behind Moto-runner and no one else, what might have happened? End of the world, probably. But I wonder what ambitions Moto-runner might have had with a weapon like the end-game Courier.
Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 pm

The fiends are nothing more than junkies with guns. They are unpredictable, violent, and will go to extreme lengths just to get their fix. Their sole ally in the Mojave are the Khans and they aren't exactly doing well. The only reason they haven't been wiped out by the NCR is because they've been busy with the Hoover Dam wars. And sooner or later they will bring their own destruction.

No one wants them to continue existing as they're causing more harm than good, so no matter what the outcome of the war is, you can rest assured that they will be dealt with.

BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet
Name: Bourbon Freeman
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:53 pm

I think the thing with the fiends is they are pretty much doomed to be destroyed. As the civilisation of the Mojave advanced law and order would be introduced and they would be wiped out, regardless of which faction comes to power. At the very least they would be a shadow of their former selves, a gang reduced to petty crime to survive but nothing like the outlaws they once were.

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:44 pm

I am not sure that anyone is reading the premises that I set down.
Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Although, i can't believe that Moto-Runner have bigger ambitions to expand his tribe and be little bit close to Great Khans.

As i reffer to quests of Great Khans (courier drugs), there's nothing more as mere expanding they're lands.

Courier on the other hand, he maybe will disappear after helping Moto-Runner. I can't believe that he will stay for too long with this kind of junkies and murderers.

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:08 pm

No matter who helps the Fiends in my opinion,they will never be able to really organize themselves and mount a serious and successful offensive against the major factions like the NCR or Legion. They're simply to drugged up and disorganized to really be able to achieve something like that. And I don't really think that anyone in the Fiends has ever really thought about taking over the Mojave or forming a somewhat competent fighting force to go toe-to-toe with the NCR/Legion. They just wanna get high all the time and rape and kill and other raider things.

TheJarman

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 pm

There are many gangs throughout the Mojave the Vipers, the Jackals, the Powder Gangers, and the fiends. Fiends were too disorganized to ever come together as well as too hooked on drugs. They would eventually be wiped out by the NCR or Mr. House. I found the other gangs to be more interesting however there is a clear winner of who will win the gang wars. Fiends die out pretty fast and Powder Gangers have been thinned with many splitting off. That leaves the Vipers and the Jackals. The Jackals end up winning due to the fact the Vipers are only around Novac (at least from what I've seen) while the jackals are everywhere. From the Mojave road stop to the caves near Jacobstown.
Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Latest?cb=20110709170955
Back to top Go down
BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:50 pm

The fiends are just too unstable too ever organise under a central leader. Sure they have loyalties to people like Cook Cook, Driver Nephi and Motor Runner but they'd quite happily stab them in the back if they knew that they could benefit from it. Unlike the other tribal groups like Great Khans or the Legion the fiends have no sense of loyalty so could never get large enough to ever seriously threaten any of the established groups in the Mojave.

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Individual Fiends could have an influence in the Mojave but not the Fiends as a faction. There are a lot of influential/brilliant people who are known drug abusers (Thomas Edison, Stephen King, Kurt Kobain, etc) so it would not be a stretch to see a Fiend Scientist/Musician/Artist however, as seen in modern society, harmful drugs can create violent groups.

The only thing stopping the Fiends from being great is the violent environment in their group and the harmful effects of the drugs that they are abusing. Even if they manage to create a great individual that could make them great I doubt that person would survive the group long enough to make a difference.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm

@ahyuser001 Of course certain, individual fiends could have an influence but I think it highly unlikely. The main difference between the fiends and the real life people you mentioned is that the fiends live in a culture of violence which when combined with the large amounts of chems they consume leads me to think that they would sooner kill someone than negotiate with them, meaning it is unlikely they would come to any position of influence.

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 am

Slightly, but not completely.

The fiends are fiends because they're fiending (violently drug dependent rage). They're likely the tribal remnants of Vegas, and thus are as radically diverse to one another as they are the NCR, making them poor allies held together mainly by circumstance and the only reason they follow Motor Runner and the other fiend bosses is due to to their connections and ability to secure chems. Even if the courier replaces that position themselves, the issue still persists. Fiends would stab them in the back first chance they got if they thought they could get a better deal.

Crazed drug addled psychopaths make for poor allies. They couldn't develop Vegas for a lack of interest. They have no infrastructure and raid for everything they have, with no means to produce their own goods. They don't trade, at least not on a general level, and thus are economically stunted. Everything they have is subject to raids, which they are dependant on. The only reason they've survived thus far is because the NCR lack the numbers to flush them out, and Vault 3/West Vegas ruins are fairly defensible locations. If traders moved to safer roads in the event of Vegas falling to the fiends, the fiends would have to range further afield, onto more secure trader routes in search of targets to raid. Here they'd be easy pickings for the NCR, or well armed caravans. They'd pretty much be on par with Vipers and Jackals.

Plus once the group begins expanding further from the control of figureheads like motor runner, groups would begin to fragment and splinter off. This would lead to regional power struggles in a new over extended and largely underwhelming army. Groups like the Legion or NCR would steamroll them no sweat at that point.

All in all, a group like the fiends has no future.

Back to top Go down
joshwist55

joshwist55

Character sheet
Name: Andrew M. Rockefeller
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 am

I mean the only chance they have is establish a similar situation as the Great Khan. Creator's of narcotics and drugs, but that will not go well with the Great Khan which can cause them to attack the Fiends as well.

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 4:30 pm

That's an interesting point, that maybe they're the survivors of Las Vegas.  They weren't vault dwellers originally.

The khans would only exist (along with every other faction) so long as the courier-fiend let them exist.
What would happen if a sufficiently large amount of that anti-addiction drug was given to the fiends? (I forget what it was called in New Vegas, I didn't use it much.)
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 7:16 pm

@BigRedRandomMan

The thing is they already are an influencing factor in an area of the Mojave and there are already members of their group that has done things that turned them into legends in the NCR military and the citizens of the strip.

It is not necessarily a positive influence but their actions are causing changes to the lives of the people in the Mojave and I think that is worth taking note.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Fiends never stood a chance really. If it wasn't the NCR that would destroy them like in one of the slides, the Legion would have or Mr. House. They are essentially just pests to the entire Mojave. Raping, murdering, drug addicted pests. Even their lifestyle is not self sustainable. If they loot too much, there will be no one to loot. As for a fiend ending or faction story, it would probably more akin to a great khan ally. Not a major faction ending. I don't really like them. They are just good target practice.

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Yeah, but keep in mind if the Courier decided to use the fiends for some strange purpose, the high-level Courier single-handedly could erase the NCR, Legion, and House from the Mojave with a few wiggles of the trigger finger. Courier+fiends changes their power level radically,even if they're still too stupid to make something of themselves.
Back to top Go down
BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 9:17 pm

@ahyuser001 I meant that they would never have an influence to the level a faction like the Legion or NCR would as they would collapse before they could reach the size and power those factions have.

xKiwil

Character sheet
Name: Lil Kiwi
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 4:55 am

Star wrote:
In my opionion Fiends, are nothing more than a mindless junkies (with guns of course). Sooner or later they would be vanished by NCR/Legion/Mr. House/Yes Man's Army and etc.

I can't imagine a future of these criminals, because they're sence of living - is to kill more and more, using drugs before they die of overdose. They like nomadic criminals.

I couldn't agree more.

Sick fucks don't deserve power.

Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Untitl10
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could things have gone differently for the fiends?   Could things have gone differently for the fiends? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could things have gone differently for the fiends?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next