Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel Superpele Reforged Overhaul hunk boom Gear commonwealth mandalorian boomers power ghoul vault body daryl riot gauss Ryse NPCs machine dead Call Mask money khan wolfenstein
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like how Power Armor Now Functions?
Yes
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_lcap78%Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 29 ]
No
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_lcap11%Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Not Sure
Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_lcap11%Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
xThat1WhiteKidx

xThat1WhiteKidx

Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:34 pm

In the gameplay trailer that Bethesda showed at the end of their Fallout 4 showcase we got to see some gameplay of Power Armor.

At 1:02 we see the sole survivor climbing into a suit of power armor almost as if it is a mech wearing it over top his default vault 111 outfit. After he is in the armor the hud turns to gauges.
At 2:00 we see the power armor again and this time we see the sole survivor using a jetpack that's built into the power armor. We also see the barrels of the mini gun turning red as if they are overheating.
Will power armor function like a mech now?
If not is it too OP to be regular armor?
Opinions?

*EDIT* Changed topic title and added poll for discussion.

Last edited by xThat1WhiteKidx on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anchev

Anchev

Character sheet
Name: Anchev
Faction: Enclave
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Looks like you have to gave up sprinting and mobility to use one, so I think you use it just in some quests maybe, or if you want to walk very slowly, you choose.
Back to top Go down
SupaDupaFee

SupaDupaFee

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Yes I do believe that the power armor will play differently in fallout 4. mainly because they made the power armor seem a lot more tankier. I feel as if youll have a more speed/agility movement penalty than the previous games, but because of the armor upgrading/crafting system youll be able to decrease the penalty via thruster pack (or jetpack) and other things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Edited my post now that the topic title makes sense. TongueTril

I think the power armor gameplay was some of the best in the trailer, and I can't wait to see how deep the customization of it goes.
Back to top Go down
Diegonom

Diegonom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm

best I could find of the xbox e3 but its more of the power armor gameplay power armor gameplay at 3:45
better quality video gameplay at 24:43

I think power armor will be harder to have around all the time in the wastes because it uses a power core that you will have to find or recharge which might be very hard. jetpack may also be a armor modification you can add to one of the slots in while customizing your armor that can improve some parts of the power armor such as more protection and/or add a jetpack with some of the mods  using power from the power core.

-edit- change link loc and added better quality video link

Rubarbsm

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 pm

All I am saying is JET PACKS! HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED? But seeing how power armor works it is more believable that you require 'power armor training' to use before hand. As it is more of an overlaying exo-suit than just a suit like it was before.

story of my life
Back to top Go down
Player147proman

Player147proman

Character sheet
Name: A Literal God
Faction: Meme Page Admins
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 pm

I really like the new power armor. Makes it more useful and it's more innovating than the previous power armors we got in the past fallout games. Finally, Something new!

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 pm

I want it. I want to wear it, then find the largest bandit settlement and stroll in, punching holes in everything with an oversized machine gun before flying off with my jetpack. I want to color it every color of the rainbow and wear the fanciest armor plates of them all. I want to state in no uncertain terms that not only can I afford power armor, I can afford to not take it seriously. This is true happiness.

Devinfallout

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Gyrard wrote:
I want it. I want to wear it, then find the largest bandit settlement and stroll in, punching holes in everything with an oversized machine gun before flying off with my jetpack. I want to color it every color of the rainbow and wear the fanciest armor plates of them all. I want to state in no uncertain terms that not only can I afford power armor, I can afford to not take it seriously. This is true happiness.

I can't wait to see what you do with it when you're done with it. Quite an odd wish, but i'd assume you'd have to bring it back to your garage place, or maybe just store it in your Pipboy.

haloruler1449

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:08 pm

The way the new power works FEELS like power armor is supposed to be! heavy, bulky and very armored.

oldboy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 pm

wished they had better looking power armors...instead of using the same old t-45d/t-51b from FO3 and New vegas.

xThat1WhiteKidx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm

oldboy wrote:
wished they had better looking power armors...instead of using the same old t-45d/t-51b from FO3 and New vegas.
There's a bunch of ways to customize your power armor. In the crafting video from E3 I saw at least 4 different types for each section of the armor.

I was just thinking and since the armor is super heavy and had low mobility maybe that was one of the reasons they included a callable vertibird. So you can travel in the armor and return it to the garage easier.

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:00 pm

I love the new power armor. You can customize it, paint it, and it acts like actual armor. That 1v1 vs the Death Claw was pretty awesome. Literally brings life to the definition of power armor being considered a "tank" of the waste.

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:06 pm

I do think it would be interesting if you had a power armour skill, similar to energy weapons and the like. The higher the skill the higher mobility, power effectiveness, and armor rating it will have, I think that'll be interesting.

Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? This_is_useless_star_wars
Back to top Go down
blablu

blablu

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Very reminiscent of one of the new COD games... Which one was it, Ghosts? I'm not sure, but it looks like it will play very similarly to that experience - more of a vehicle than an armour. Can't say I'm complaining either, that was one of the really really cool things about (ghosts?), it was a lot of fun. Do you guys think that heavy weapons like the minigun will only be usable in power armour now though? Or perhaps there is separate versions of weapons, upgraded for Power Armour use.

That's all beside the point... Jetpacks. Jetpacks never change (nor should they, they're gr8)

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:09 pm

LordEdwardius wrote:
I do think it would be interesting if you had a power armour skill, similar to energy weapons and the like. The higher the skill the higher mobility, power effectiveness, and armor rating it will have, I think that'll be interesting.

Maybe there will be perks like in the Powered Power Armor mod for more efficient/effective power armor disassembly and customization, as well as unlocking new types of equipment for it from crafting. Or finding super-rare, super-valuable parts in the furthest reaches of the wasteland, well-guarded but worth it.

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:12 am

@blabu

I'm really not hyped up for the jet-pack idea. Another discussion was going on about vehicles a while back, I really didn't like that neither.

I'll explain why.
Normally when you're in a combat situation you fight back, or-, you avoid fighting all together by one, sneaking past an enemy, or two, stealth.
Jet-packs will just allow you to jet-pack away from enemies, devaluing combat.

Meh. If the jet-packs are limited on how long you can use them, i'm game for them.

I also watched some gameplay found here where you get power armor at level two.

I sincerely hope that this is just a one off misson thing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
blablu

blablu

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 8:21 am

@Tekkers

I see your point of view, and I can definitely appreciate it. Without balance, a jetpack would be devilishly overpowered. In saying that, surely, SURELY it will be balanced, if not an end-game item. I'm sure you'll have to supply it with fuel of some sort (difficult to find?), and just based on gameplay so far, perhaps it will be unusable without Power Armour (which looks like it takes a massive hit on manoeuvrability, so you won't want to be always wearing it).

As for concerns about early Power Armour, like in the video you shared, I'm with you. But again, surely they wouldn't just let you keep it; they'red be hardly any interest in finding pieces/building your own. Not to mention OP!

Sierran

Character sheet
Name: "Trooper"
Faction: NCR
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:40 am

To me, This seems more like a powered exoskeleton, or mech, than actual "Power Armor", That will only serve to either, make it far too overpowered and maybe even disposable, Taking too much damage can just be solved by jumping out the suit and bailing out. Or it can be far too clunky, See the Atlas in Mass Effect 3 for a taste of what I think this will make Power Armor, A symbol of Fallout, play like.

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 am

I like the idea to me Power armor no longer looks and sounds like clothing. Now its a hulking tank like exoskeleton the way it always should have been. Power armor was one of the main reasons America was winning the war against the Chinese. So naturally I feel like you should feel like a huge hulking tank of death when in reality thats what power armor is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?   Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Power Armor Functioning Differently?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next