Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Vehicles in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Pvt. Cooper
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 4

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 pm

@praising I would image the water system would be a lot like Far Cry 3. So lots of little rivers to travel up or different swamps to sail around. Obviously military PT boats, motorboats or makeshift boats would be a thing. If you ever played Witcher 3, a sailboat would be a nice way to get around some swampy areas with little noise.

@OSOK So like power armor, but like wearing a tank? Like actually wearing one, treads and all? I like it. It would seem like one of the early ideas for power armor that would have been scrapped for the bi-pedal models.

View user profile
OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 am

@praising

I want Fallout Aloha! that would just be awesome to have different factions on different islands

Character sheet
Name: Sandtwister300
Faction: Enclave Remnants
Level: 28

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 am

I think that Vehicles would be a great addition to the Fallout game especially New Vegas. Perhaps factions like some Shit kicking spitoon spitting cowboys with motorcycles, dirt pushing legions with dirtbikes (mad max style), NCR and their salvaged trucks and possibly even some vertibirds for the Boomers, BoS and Enclave. It's unfortunate to know that the roads in FNV are narrow and that the terrain is not really suited for vehicles but that could be altered by some people, possibly even myself. I do recall that in Fallout 2 the Protagonist fixed a highwayman which makes him rank amongst the most shit kicking badasses in the wasteland, so in a sense, vehicles could be lore friendly or not. If we look at mods such as XRE cars and Vertibird, they are just too immersive which is OK but it just has too many glitches and bugs. The idea of altering the roads, highways and more is great and in the near future I woulf like to see it.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 pm

@sandtwister200 The terrain would have to be reworked in order to fit vehicles. Like longer distances between towns, longer roads, and maybe flatter too. Just like the Mojave IRL, which is really flat with mountains surrounding the land. But it would be cool it see faction related vehciles. Like the khans with hogs, legion has dirtbikes, the NCR has vertibirds, salvaged tanks, apcs and trucks. This of course would only be feasible if the game was remade to fit the system.

View user profile
Marcus Viper

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Vehicles are something I wanted back in the game since I played fallout 3 but it was never to be. To be honest I think things like mounts would be fine, it will get you around a little faster without being to fast the engine couldn't handle it. I suppose its all about where the next game would be set, while vehicles can be limited if you have a horse like the one from Skyrim you can go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Alpha Beta Rho
Faction: Artifact Hunters Guild
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:05 pm

That's a good idea actually; adding vehicles to the game. If that were the case though, I guess the world needs to be a more clean for that to work because if the roads are cluttered, the studio would then need to design a vehicle that could traverse through the rubble and I doubt the artists would want the extra work when they could just remove junk.

If the developers were to add vehicles, I think a reasonable one would be your own Vertibird since VBs are becoming common now and it needs standard FC/s to run. Another thing to keep in mind would be a better game engine so that everything would stick together and not fall apart. Honestly man, I still like travelling on foot rather than vehicles. I've played Far Cry 3,4, and Blood Dragon, along with GTA and just travelling on foot reveals a lot of detail regarding the world. Yes its slow, but its such a sight to see how much effort they put into the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stoobygacks

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:45 pm

@njmanga097 you are right about walking everywhere. It does show all the little hidden details of the map. I was thinking that vehicles might be used in certain areas, or for certain quests or by factions. Not really as a forced substitute for walking, but more of a complementary or alternate way of getting around in style.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Yesterday at 4:08 am

Even though it would be cool to see vehicles in Fallout, the current engine that they use just can't do it, even if modder create vehicles, it will be buggy as hell and i would rather not let them get into my game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    

Back to top Go down

Vehicles in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2