Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged mandalorian Gear NPCs ghoul marvel Superpele machine Call dead space riot khan Ryse hunk commonwealth boom wolfenstein body daryl money FCOM boomers vault upgrades Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Vehicles in fallout games Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Vehicles in fallout games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

Vehicles in fallout games Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 am

I was looking at the vehicle mods in fallout 3 and new vegas but I thought the map was a bit small for vehicles but I was wondering how you thought about them and if you think the map is a bit small how much bigger do you think the map should be for vehicle mods and with fallout 4 coming out later this year do you hope for usable vehicles.
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:04 am

The only vehicular devices i want in fallout 4 is what they have showed us - vertibirds
Vehicles just dont fit in Fallout IMO
Plus you are right -- XRE makes the map seem WAYYYY to small
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
CalneCa

CalneCa

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 am

I don't think it would really fit, I'm skeptical on the vertibird as well to be honest. There's no telling about the map size though. I just hope if there is that it doesn't make getting around way to easy and quick, it would kill a lot of the fun these games have.
Back to top Go down
djadamson

djadamson

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:30 pm

I sometimes use XRE cars for new vegas and I think the map is big enough for them because you get the highway that you have to follow south, then east and then north so the vehicles make it quicker to travel the distance. Also I'm not bothered about lore or whatever so I don't mind if they don't fit into the game world. Smile
In regards to fallout 4 I wouldn't mind have cars or bikes, however I think just using that vertibird would be awesome as well! Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
ChaoticKnight

ChaoticKnight

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:15 pm

I use XRE's Cars and some Drivable Motorcycle mod i found a while back but forgot what its called i use it as a alternate to fast travel Smile I just wish there was a mod were it aloud you to go around and fix the roads to make them driveable on Smile
I hope Fallout 4 will have working motorcycle's or cars maybe even vertiberd Very Happy I would even love just to drive a shopping car lol cowboy

-Michael Jordan
Back to top Go down
The New Skynet

The New Skynet

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't usually use any for serious playthroughs, but I'll usually have XRE's vertibird mod installed because it's hella fun. Very Happy

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Maybe the dont fit in the game but if you have the power and knowledge to run sola installations and energy weapons why not have usable vehicles.

And i really hope that the F4 map will be huge so you can use mods or maybe the base game(i hope) to travel the wastes.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm

I wouldn't really consider this a vehicle, but maybe some mounts would be lore friendly. Like maybe you can ride like a mutated horse or something.

fargalarga

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:19 pm

For New Vegas I can see where cars would be useful but for fallout 3 I don't think so. There's too much city in 3 for cars. Obviously the map for 4 must be pretty big if they're giving us a vertibird to travel with.

wotan

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 3:27 pm

A working car or motorcycle would fit with the Fallout setting imo. I think a veribird would be wrong, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they exclusive to the Enclave?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/index.php?board=334.0
TizerisT

TizerisT

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:31 pm

ChaoticKnight wrote:
I use XRE's Cars and some Drivable Motorcycle mod. I just wish there was a mod were it aloud you to go around and fix the roads to make them driveable on Smile
Same, I use xre cars  and mojave motorcycle mods. There is a cleaner road mod made for xre, called Road Restoration Project or something.
Back to top Go down
MomoTheTerminator

MomoTheTerminator

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:35 pm

tbh i would like to see some sort of motorcycle in fallout 4 it would be very fitting. xre's handling just sucks for the cars also cars is too much. some sort motorcycle like from gta5 but a little bit slower would definitely fit in new vegas aswell

redbulls

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm

wotan wrote:
A working car or motorcycle would fit with the Fallout setting imo. I think a veribird would be wrong, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they exclusive to the Enclave?

No, the NCR had vertibirds according to either the Fallout Bible or the Fallout P&P RPG. Kind of makes sense since a lot of the blueprints for them went missing from the Enclave in FO2.

edit: I just remembered they obviously had one: Bear Force One that brings the president to Hoover Dam in FNV.
Back to top Go down
rgordonjr

rgordonjr

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:31 pm

It'd be nice if there was a good motorcycle mod. (dirt bike maybe). I think they would fit in pretty good especially if fast travel was disabled (or limited). A horse would work well too. Either would let you get to places that a car could not go. The normal speed of either the motorcycle or horse could start at about 110% of the characters running speed and top off at 200% - 300%. Eventually you would have to find fuel for the bike or food for the horse so that could be used to limit things if necessary. ... In either case it would be nice if it recognized a TTW install so you could use the transport in either DC or NV.. Smile

Nymphonomicon

Nymphonomicon

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 8:33 pm

With a mod that repairs what roads are available in-game, I don't see what's wrong with the map size.
I'm a little disappointed no one ever made a mod to repair the Wrecked Highwayman, what with all the other mods designed to re-purpose and rebuild vanilla areas into player homes.
Back to top Go down
vulcanic

vulcanic

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:04 pm

ChaoticKnight wrote:
I use XRE's Cars and some Drivable Motorcycle mod i found a while back but forgot what its called i use it as a alternate to fast travel Smile I just wish there was a mod were it aloud you to go around and fix the roads to make them driveable on Smile
I hope Fallout 4 will have working motorcycle's or cars maybe even vertiberd Very Happy I would even love just to drive a shopping car lol cowboy

there is a mod for better roads its a must have with xre cars. link:
DriveThemCarsWithBetterRoads - For XRE Cars
Back to top Go down
Andrees92

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:48 pm

I don't know, I'd have to try it with a bigger map, but I think vehicles kind of ruin the mood of a Fallout game for me. Sure a bike should be ok, but going on to bigger things.... It'd have to be VERY well implemented and it should be a replacement of the fast travel.

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Vehicles in fallout games Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
robiichan

robiichan

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 pm

I would argue for the idea of vehicles and mounts, but that falls into the realm of mods. I could never get XRE Cars to work, and both that and the motorcycle mod take too much fuss to work on a controller. It it were integrated naturally, like a quest where you find the parts to repair a motorcycle mid to late game, or had to work to train an animal as a pack mule and eventual mount, I could see that working in New Vegas since you had a great deal of open space. I like the Mobile Truck Base because you had to fill it with gas and it eliminated fast travel while making a more accessible home base. I think that kind of vehicle integration would be reasonable, even with a limited amount of driving ability to set up your own locations.

BillyJohn

BillyJohn

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:52 am

I use the Mobile Truck Base as my only vehicle mod. Its basically just a van with some stuff in it which you can use as a mobile home. You can't drive it yourself but it has some fast travel points it can go to. I think there was a car you could drive in Fallout 2 so it isn't lore friendly or anything to have vehicles. Especially when you have the Enclave, Brotherhood and even the NCR flying around in Vertibirds. If they can drive around in flying vertibirds, the boomers can fix up a 300 year old german bomber, surely I could fix up an old truck and drive that around.
Back to top Go down
a_pleb

a_pleb

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 4:39 am

The idea of getting some vehicles in future Fallout installments sounds pretty cool imo. The Fallout 4 map is going to be huge (twice the size of the Skyrim map, supposedly), and having vehicles fits in perfectly fine with the lore. Also, riding around in a vertibird sounds awesome to me.

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in fallout games   Vehicles in fallout games Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicles in fallout games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next