Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul power NPCs dead khan Gear ghoul Ryse wolfenstein gauss Mask machine riot hunk boom mandalorian Superpele vault Reforged Call body marvel daryl money boomers commonwealth
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Worst NPC/Companion of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
s0mbo1

s0mbo1

Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 am

Worst in all of Fallout? Myron, from Fallout 2. Worst in Bethesda Fallout? Preston, then Preston, then probably Preston again.

Preston is annoying because he reminds me of how much padding Fallout 4 has to hide the lack of real quests. Myron is pure annoyance, mixed with the fact that I think I've seen close to a hundred potential ancestors of his. They have YouTube accounts where they can't tell the difference between a fedora and a trilby.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Myron was what he was supposed to be -- nasty and annoying and an arrogant wimp. If Myron were a modern fallout character, I'd mod him to have a tribly for sure.
Preston probably wasn't intended to be so almost universally despised by the fallout 4 designers, considering his quests are so hard to avoid and you can't just kill him at the museum.
I thought Paladin Star Cross (was that the name?) was criminally boring, and it's when I realized Bethesda wasn't going to match up to older fallouts on the writing. Sulik was more interesting to talk to, for example.

So it depends on what we mean by "worst companion." Most annoying? Least useful/biggest liability? Or worst-written? I think it's ok for characters to be written as useless, stupid, treacherous, or annoying. But it's bad when it's not intentional.
So, unintentionally badly or unnecessarily under-written characters earn my ire as worst companions.
Back to top Go down
Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 5:37 pm

i prefer Jericho because in order to get him as companion you have to in a very evil karma state which is annoying and also he's very weak. I remember me & Jericho fought a group of raider and he dies instantly Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 1f602
Back to top Go down
Decimatio

Decimatio

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Probably Piper and Marcy Long. I get that the devs were aiming to make them slightly annoying (or hostile in Marcy's case) but I think they over-did it a bit. I set Marcy as a prison warden/guard in Sanctuary since it suits her personality but I go out of my way to completely avoid Piper.
Back to top Go down
Dextrose

Dextrose

Character sheet
Name: Dexter
Faction: The Institute
Level: Model of Apathy

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 2:29 pm

that one guy that tries to sell you a "Credit Chit" then calls you a "retard" if you decline, i shoot him in the face every time i encounter him in a playthrough and he ALWAYS pops outta the woodwork for me when i'm in the middle of doing something, it's weird and creepy af

[icon by Apriorii]
Back to top Go down
https://www.nexusmods.com/users/11871608
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Decimatio wrote:
Probably Piper and Marcy Long. I get that the devs were aiming to make them slightly annoying (or hostile in Marcy's case) but I think they over-did it a bit. I set Marcy as a prison warden/guard in Sanctuary since it suits her personality but I go out of my way to completely avoid Piper.

I was entranced by Piper because I couldn't believe this was actually a character in a Bethesda game. Preston is the Jar Jar of Fallout.
Back to top Go down
ShanghaiBatz

ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 12:14 am

Probably Star Paladin Cross for me. I get what they were going for (the stoic honor-bound soldier type) but she's just boring and lacks personality. I'll admit, she makes a good meat shield though Wink
Back to top Go down
ringo

ringo

Character sheet
Name: Ranger Dwight Revits
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 12:21 am

P a t r o l l i n g t h e M o j a v e . . .

nah but it's a battle between Princess and Preston, they're both NPCs I don't wanna interact with lol
Back to top Go down
Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 12:49 am

I'd say Macready from Fallout 3/4. Good lord how did Bethesda even manage to make such an annoying character. Half the reason to install killable children mod in FO3 tbh. Little Lamplight was a mistake.

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 10:27 am

I'm going to go with the stereotype here - Preston. Unless you're retar- I mean, an exceptional individual (that's a RedLetterMedia joke) who loves radiant quests, Preston will make men's nuts ache and make women want to tie their tubes in double constrictor knots. Apparently retaking a giant castle just didn't do it for the guy, and he doesn't seem to pick up on the hint that I use either the Castle or Vault 88 as my personal hideaway on literally every character that I've made. I understand that his gimmick is to be the "noble vigilante" who looks out for people in need (yet refuses to take personal involvement in helping them out), but his gimmick runs out very thin very fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 11:10 am

Oliver Swanick hands down. I wanted to punch that smug douche canoe in the face myself. I play a good karma character but I was so tempted to at least give the guy a little love tap with my baseball bat.
Back to top Go down
Nightstrike_76

Nightstrike_76

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Well, this is probably going to get a load of flak, but I absolutely couldn't stand Charon. I fell for all the hype of my friends and the general internet and blew 2000 of my hard earned caps on the jerk. Worst. Purchase. Ever. As a player who likes to sneak and snipe, this idiot would throw himself at EVERYTHING within a 10 mile radius and drew all sorts of attention to me in turn.

I still feel bitter about losing all that money on buying his contract all these years later. Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 1f602
Back to top Go down
Sra Joshua

Sra Joshua

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

I honestly think that Preston Garvey is the most annoying companion in the history of fallout because the guy literally judges you for everything and is always saying There is a settlement that needs your help lol I cannot stand him.
Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 6:51 am

I know its been said a million times through out the history of fallout, but Ian is the freaking worst! He has the weirdest nack for setting me up for failure, weather it be shooting me with an eagle, spraying me down with automatic fire, or trapping me in a corridor with a super mutant armed with a flamer. This man has killed me (directly/indirectly) more times than any scorpion, human, or mutant ever will. And the worst part of it all? He has the audacity to ask for money. He is not even a good meat shield cause he kept walking out of the line of fire, knowing I would trap him in a corridor with a baddie next turn. That smug money stealing SOB was my primary source of rage when I was 10.

+++++
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 7:51 am

Fallout 1: The Overseer because duh? Kicked me out after saving their ass.

Fallout 2: Myron.

Fallout 3: Those NPCs who sell irradiated water after turning on the Purifier. Fucking assholes.

Fallout New Vegas: Boxcars. Fucking dumbass only knows how to say the word fuck because he is fucking crippled, get it? Now get the fuck outta here you fucking lucky loser fuck.

Fallout 4: Dogmeat. Always blocking the way and whining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
loneheart9

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 8:38 am

@njmanga097

Dogmeat, I swear to God...
I know that most people love him because he's a dog, and dogs are cute but dear tap dancing christ, if I start building something on a crafting table that four legged S.O.B starts barking and whining louder than any nuclear warhead
Back to top Go down
Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 5:56 am

Most people forgot how poweful Easy Pete's was
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 2:22 pm

@loneheart9 You ain't kidding man. As much as I'm a dog lover, FO4 Dogmeat is a pain in the ass to be with. That's why I immediately had to grind for the Lone Wanderer perk so I can live without anybody tagging along.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:26 am

Don't insult Easy Pete, or he won't go easy on you

Jacksonelhage

Character sheet
Name: Jackson
Faction: Tunnel Snakes
Level: 3

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 8:14 am

Definitely the guy that keeps dying on the way to big town. Talk about annoying, he keeps telling me the same story over and over again. Also Garvey.

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst NPC/Companion of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next