Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers hunk khan commonwealth Ryse ghoul daryl Overhaul machine power wolfenstein Reforged Call riot Mask NPCs mandalorian money boom Gear body vault marvel dead gauss Superpele
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Allthis Today at 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby fil0000 Today at 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Starfield
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Bullettime or vats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lyca5259

lyca5259

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 am

Lol honestly I prefer vats, but not for the reasons others would. I actually like it because I use the function where if you hold the VATs button it'll highlight all the enemy's and their locations. I use this so I can tactically maneuvers myself in positions where I'll have a higher chance of succeeding. It's very useful for me considering I have he fatal headshots mod. So I need to be extra careful.

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:51 am

Usually bullets time, since skill will trump any perks you may have acquired, but it really depends on the weapon. Some guns I'll use vats about 50% of the time, while any mini gun variant I would never use vats; the damage it does is rather poor for the amount of ammunition is uses, per attack, in vats.

ImmortalCheese

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Vats.
Back to top Go down
Shaman174

Shaman174

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:53 pm

I've used bullet time more frequently, but I find myself using VATS a little bit more than I used to. Granted, I've been playing a lot of FO3 recently, and that game is so buggy I gave up on the Lone Wanderer's edition and have been playing with just content mods.

Vats does kind of have it's own charm. It's funny to imagine it as a unique talent of your character; in the stress of combat your mind speeds up so much that it makes it seem like time has frozen, and you can analytically examine the battlefield before choosing how to engage. Cyborg and Android players must have a field day with it haha

Shaman174

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:53 pm

I've used bullet time more frequently, but I find myself using VATS a little bit more than I used to. Granted, I've been playing a lot of FO3 recently, and that game is so buggy I gave up on the Lone Wanderer's edition and have been playing with just content mods.

Vats does kind of have it's own charm. It's funny to imagine it as a unique talent of your character; in the stress of combat your mind speeds up so much that it makes it seem like time has frozen, and you can analytically examine the battlefield before choosing how to engage. Cyborg and Android players must have a field day with it haha

Weasel21

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 pm

For me it depends how fast something is coming at me and how big it is. If it sneaks up and scares the shit out of me I will definitely try and hit my Vats button but otherwise ill use bullet-time. It's really very satisfying to use vats but after a while it sort of gets old feels unbalanced. I think finding a balance to using both for me anyway is the best and most enjoyable way of playing.

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 2:26 pm

They are both very helpful in combat, and they both have their pros and cons over the other, but overall I'd have to say I like VATS better.
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 3:34 pm

In games like Max Payne I'd definitely take bullet time because you can get instant kills with headshots.

In Fallout I'd rather use VATS, unless I'm using a fatal headshot mod, then bullet time is more useful.

Snarken

Snarken

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 pm

V.A.T.S. takes me back to the older Fallout games, which has a nice nostalgic feel to it, but Bullettime is always more fun. Smile

snowboarder

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:52 pm

I vary between the two. Right now it's bullet time, but V.A.T.S. is always a classic.
Back to top Go down
cybercolonsnake

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 pm

I prefer bullet time over vats, only because i don't trust vats to aim for me. Sometimes in vats you will miss shots even with your gun skill at 100, and that wastes special points. Bullet time allows you to aim the gun where you want rather then clicking on something and hoping for the computer to hit it for you. Plus you can move around and outa the way if something is charging you.
with vats you have to remain still Shots fired
Back to top Go down
Trentosss

Trentosss

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I haven't really used either in a long time or for any of my current play throughs, I always abused the hell out of VATS when I first got FO3 on console when it first came out, but haven't really utilised it since moving over to PC a several years ago. Maybe mouse and keyboard have refined my aim to the point where I don't need it anymore Wink
Back to top Go down
The Red Shoe

The Red Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 pm

It all depends on what type of play style you have as a player, Players who snipe from a-far prefer bullet time why people who prefer to be up close would probably like vats more. My personal opinion on it. Considering i use bother i don't really have a major preference.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
warframe

warframe

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 10:48 am

Bullet Time for me for most playthroughs. unless i'm playing w/ the camera third person over the shoulder, which case I opt for VATS. Its impossible to hit an enemy in third person aim.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Crepsley

Mr. Crepsley

Character sheet
Name: Fried Chicken Man
Faction: Factions? pffffffffffffff
Level: 0.0000000001

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Vats is cool and all but I love bullet time! Whenever I blow up somebody's head you can see the blood and pieces spreading slowly closed eyes smile VATS is good for stuff like shooting stuff from afar

MisterMasada

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:38 pm

For me, it's very dependent on the situation, and what weapon I'm using. If I'm trying to have a good time, not worrying about surviving a fight or anything, I'll use bullet time, it just feels so satisfying. Now, if I'm surrounded and seriously fearing for my life, I will use VATS in a heartbeat, or several heartbeats for that matter.
Back to top Go down
dropskiler

dropskiler

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 2:28 pm

In my case it's mainly VATS i usualy play FONV when i'm in travel and rarely there is enought place for normal mouse so BT is out..
Back to top Go down
booders

booders

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Although bullettime always has a way of making me feel like a badass,it's usually VATS that I use since it's easier for me most of the time.I just wish in VATS you were able to go for the most important part of the body,the genitals.

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Bullettime is nice for flair or style, but for me it's VATS. VATS helps me find enemies that are far away , and I'm a really bad shot so VATS helps guarantee a hit.
Back to top Go down
Skyline

Skyline

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:12 pm

I prefer bullet time I don't like the way VATS freezes time and takes you out of the battle.

PostSubject: Re: Bullettime or vats   Bullettime or vats - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullettime or vats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next