Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money Gear machine boomers power riot Mask NPCs body mandalorian vault boom Call Superpele commonwealth marvel daryl dead Reforged ghoul Ryse khan hunk Overhaul gauss wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Allthis Today at 3:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby fil0000 Today at 6:57 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Today at 12:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Today at 12:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 6:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 3:43 pm

» Starfield
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Wed 08 May 2024, 11:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat 04 May 2024, 12:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed 01 May 2024, 1:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue 30 Apr 2024, 9:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu 25 Apr 2024, 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat 20 Apr 2024, 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue 16 Apr 2024, 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue 16 Apr 2024, 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed 10 Apr 2024, 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed 10 Apr 2024, 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed 03 Apr 2024, 4:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed 03 Apr 2024, 3:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

I like the robot making part of it, but i'm extremely mixed on having the goofy ass Mechanist be the over arching antagonist in this. It's too campy for my comfy zone, it just doesn't sit well with me. kek
Back to top Go down
Abazor

Abazor

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016, 4:21 pm

Honestly pretty surprised at the trailer, I thought they were just going to give us a robot companion that you can customize. But there's new weapons and a storyline, it looks pretty cool. Also the robots look pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
Seminole Gamer

Seminole Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016, 5:29 pm

The trailer I just saw on facebook has me all pumped up for Automatron. The mechanist was one of my favorite characters from Fallout 3. When the Robco Certified Mechanist Edition mod came out I loved roleplaying The Mechanist.

I still havent finished the main story because of all kinds of rl stuff that needs to be done, and playing with settlements way more then I should but this week Im gonna knock it out.

Cant wait for this to drop whoo hoo!

inaki2307

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016, 5:51 pm

I never use companions and I dont like robots so I am not going to buy it. I like roleplaying as a lonely survivor who had a really hard past but I am sure bethesda will make DLC's I'll like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/wasteland_artworks/
Havoc

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm

i was expecting a robot companion aswell, but this is way more than i expected, looking forward to the first dlc for sure!

Eldael

Eldael

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016, 3:23 pm

The trailer confirms what I feared. Beth are just relying on nostalgia from FO3 to drum up popularity.
In short, they aren't concerned with making a good game. They're just looking for the easiest way to squeeze some quick bucks out of it, rather than putting actual thought into it and making a game that's great in its own right.

Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016, 3:52 pm

Severely disappointed in the offerings, and certainly not worth the DLC price tag OR the season pass. I guess it was to be expected, Bethesda doesn't really have any genuine love for the Fallout franchise, period- and they're happily on the track to becoming the next Ubisoft or EA.  

A lot of people were expecting the CK along with this DLC and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. And in all honesty, this is just a whole bunch of cosmetic / low-tier funsy addons, with two or three mediocre recycled guns (often using vanilla assets or recycled robot parts) and at best maybe an extra armor set or two modeled after a scrap heap. It doesn't matter if it's cool or not, modders could have done this themselves easily, and you can't tell me any different. There's enough talent around to churn out things like the X-02 even with the LACK of proper development tools; saying stuff like "It doesnt matter if it's a simple DLC, it's more professionally done thus it must be worth the money" is just a way to excuse bethesda trying to churn out mediocre DLCs for money.

Hopefully there are more releases down the road that makes the season pass worth it. Because I know that the automaton DLC and the wasteland workshop DLC (a glorified analogue to hearthfire) sure as hell aren't worth the 40 (now 60) dollar season pass. Lmao, they're so scummy that they actually cut out pages from the artbook to hide how much content they had to scrap from the game.
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm

I love how everyone's saying it's not worth it when we don't even have the damn thing yet. Jesus, say whatever you want after you've played it, but the amount of cynicism and smart-alecness surprises even me.

Oh, and if you look at some recent releases, Tupolev, you might want to rescind your remark about modders being capable of implementing everything.

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016, 8:40 pm

One thing that annoys me is that people talk about modders as they do everything. Yes there are some people that make excellent mod, no doubt about that, but they expand on what bethesda has already made!

Look at the settlement building mod for NV, its a good mod that inspired the building system in FO4. But the version Beth made is much better and extremely easy to use. Now they have created a good and easy base for modders to expand upon, and if they have ideas on how to expand upon that feature then they are free to do so, because they have a vision and our modders have theirs. Now i trust beth 1000x more than most modders to implement a new feature that modders then can expand upon.

Now the automatron dlc gives us a new robot customization that we have not seen before. And judging by by Beth recent work it will most likely be easy to use and very user friendly inngame, something which similar mods not always are.

Eldael

Eldael

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016, 8:32 am

@"dazzerfong" When I look at the trailer, and it is made extremely clear that fhey are recycling material from FO3 instead of coming up with something unique, I'm sorry, but all Beth is doing is stirring up nostalgia for some quick bucks. Throwing in some memorable characters from past games is great; it ties the game into past ones. But when an entire DLC is focused around a recycled character, I don't see that DLC's story as worth my time.
Without the story, it's pretty much just the same deal as Hearthfire. Whether or not modders could have done it, it isn't worth our money.

LtTripitZ

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016, 1:17 pm

I have VERY mixed feelings on them but I'm not gonna kid mysel, I'm really looking forward to Atomatron, I just love the "build your own robot and companion", and I just love robot companions in general *cough*HK-47*cough*Legion*COUGH* Wink . And also Far Harbor, it gives me a strong Point Lookout feeling. The other one is just hearthfires in Fallout 4 and evan though i love the settlement building and Hearthfires in skyrim, i just find it unintresting, especialy compared to the other 2.

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016, 11:46 pm

@Eldael:

Yeah, they're different people. And even if it's the same character, I don't see a problem with that. How does it being 'recycled' (and no, they're not) make its worth any less?

Without the story, it's pretty much just the same deal as Hearthfire. Whether or not modders could have done it, it isn't worth our money.

Yeah, and Bethesda did it a million times better than any modder did, with all due respects to the modders who are constrained by technical limits. If you don't want it, that's fine: stop saying it's not worth our money, because it was worth it to many others.

Eldael

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016, 2:21 pm

I specifically said that I didn't think modders could have done better. I just said the additions are no more worth the money than Hearthfire. If you think this is worth the cash, that's fine, but I certainly don't. Thank you for picking up on that, because I really didn't mean to speak for anyone but myself when I said that.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.   Fallout 4 DlC thoughts. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 DlC thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4