Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl commonwealth riot boom Gear Mask Overhaul wolfenstein khan money boomers NPCs Superpele power Call Ryse Reforged body dead machine hunk vault ghoul mandalorian marvel gauss
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 51  Next
AuthorMessage
RelayQuad4

RelayQuad4

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:17 pm

@Tank-Girl Sure I get what you're trying to say but... to claim any system is flawless is very inaccurate. Hints those demotions, yet you have a point that it should not be within a year of inactivity with no explanation at least. For what ever reason people choose to leave this site not all are crying a river over demotion nor do they care so to me it kind of equals it self out. Live By The Gun, Die By The Gun. cowboy

snippy123

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

Jeez these lurkers and demotions are starting to take a rise, makes me wonder what'll happen in the future Sad

[
Back to top Go down
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 2:25 am

Rex, Tank-Girl and others from the crew, including myself, have explained this thoroughly.
You get full access by being AN ACTIVE MEMBER.
That means you interact with the community.
You can't spell "interactive" without the word "active".
When one gets promoted, it is asked that they stay active

If someone has an issue in real life, or simply loses interest in the site or in the video games,
their absence is not a problem. You can post for 2 months, get promoted, then be deployed in Iraq for 2 years. When you get back, you should still have your rank.

However, if that someone keeps logging in and doesn't bother to post for a period greater than 3 consecutive months, then they lose their "active status", and consequently, their full access.

TL;DR:
If you CAN and DO visit - post, or else you're lurking.
If you CAN'T and DON'T visit, don't worry about it.
Just don't visit. And if you do visit, then post  Nerdy  Simple.

This came about because we were criticized of having more inactive members with access, lurking, than active posting members.
Now y'all saying that demotions aren't necessary. Make up your minds.

As for your concerns that we demote more than we promote
That is true, lately. More people are now inactive or lurking than those that are active. That is truly unfortunate. We'd love it if it was the other way around. We don't enjoy, nor desire to demote people.
If everyone of the 42000 members were active at a decent rate (like... at least 1 post/2 weeks) then we'd never find a moment of boredom, staleness, or lack of new content.

An active supporting community inspires and equally (or proportionately) active creative influx.

But, regarding the lesser activity of this site, can we place the blame exclusively on the system, or on the staff team, or on me? (since I'm the one to get negative rep for announcing results of the staff team's majoritary decision). Sure. Let's! I am to blame! That's the only problem here.

But we also ignore a few other factors that I think contributed to the situation more than anything:
Fallout 4 didn't fascinate and engage enough attention and dedication. The anticipation has largely been disappointed, underwhelmed by the final product. We had quite a member registration and posting increase when the game was announced, and a significant decrease when it was released. I told concerned people: "It's ok, most of our members are probably too busy playing it to post", but the fact is that they were underwhelmed. And those who haven't moved on to FO4 have probably felt left behind.
Fallout 4 is also harder to mod. Weight slider alone complicates things immensely for armors, while the weapon ingame modding makes decent weapons feel half-assed because they lack 3 different types of stocks, mags, scopes or barrels on it at the working bench.
Only the most determined mod authors pierce through all the extra bullshit to put out something that feels complete.
Not saying we don't have determined mod authors anymore, but with this we get to the next idea:
A lot of our key content creators (some of our most talented mod authors, video makers and mod reviewers, even staff) have been side-tracked by real life responsibilities (school, work, family) or simply lost interest in video games, or in these particular video games, and spend their free time otherwise now. New mod authors won't mod an older game like FNV, but won't focus enough to learn how to mod the new one, especially since, as I've said before, it's less enticing and more daunting.
Also, the Bethesda.net mod uploaders, stealing other people's work just to have it "in the system", demoralized a lot of our content creators.

To address these issues, we're putting several plans in motion.
Some of them already applied are the increased number of special events and increased number of screenshot contests, while adding Steam Game rewards for winning a contest.
Some of those that we plan in the future are being discussed in the members' council and staff meetings, to apply them properly.

GUN is free of cost and free from profit. There's no money whatsoever changing hands (or accounts) so the games we do put up for contest rewards aren't the best, but they're still there. Games with steam trading cards. Games with steam achievements. Up for the taking.

The system ain't perfect. Thing is, unlike many mods we enjoy, but alike many many mods we never will, the system is and will always be a work in progress, ready to evolve and adapt. And we take on any suggestions and solutions anyone throws our way. And we debate and vote on each.

lance jones wrote:
@wurm45 I know but it just seems like human instincts for some people to disagree with a system in place they may see as a flawed one. So simply telling them to come up with a better one themselves may seem like the perfect rebuttal yet the current system was not created by one person alone to begin with. What ever the case disagreements will always be there it is the natural order of things.
If it was created by one person, it would be enjoyed by one person.
When I started this here, from scratch, I personally didn't want to make a big list of rules to impose on people. I had hoped we can get along by common-sense, by benevolence, by empathy, by mutual support and in the spirit of brotherhood. I didn't want a big list of rules for the chatbox either. We could all live without rules and laws if we went by simple principles of empathy. There would be no wars, no crime, no relationship arguments between lovers if we all applied empathy honestly.
Unfortunately, peoples' mirror-neurons develop differently and empathy connects and makes sense for too few of us. Rules become necessary. They were actually requested by the members and I initially resisted to it. Same with chatbox rules set. It was requested and required. Same with lurker demotions - requested and required.

Request a replacing system and we'll gladly swap it out, should it be required and more beneficial for everyone. It takes a community to keep this going, but it takes a single person to speak out, in order to change things. That person just has to have the right solution, though. And when we realized some things may be too daunting for a single person to initiate something comprehensive, we've created the staff lounge, where Paladin are also invited to pitch in on any and all matters. When that wasn't enough, we created the "Site Feedback" section where every single member can give constructive criticism (though some are less constructive than others) and personal suggestions for the site. When that wasn't enough, we made a "Members' council chat" over Skype where we brain-storm and generate new ideas, some more attainable than others, but all considered with utmost sincerity.

To paraphrase 2Pac: you don't have to change this site on your own, but at least try to spark the mind, the idea that is going to change this site.
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Fb6f87fb4711d2b1f13e462a52090f9b

Peace  Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 270c

Back to top Go down
Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 11:53 pm

Apology's for my lurking and lack of time on this wonderful community, been busy with beautiful twin boys and trying to work on my marriage, life is hard sometimes. I still enjoy gaming and modding and this awesome community. I feel like my demotion is definitely called for and will try and stay active and give creative input when life gives me time of course. Cheers to everyone.

Smile

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
RelayQuad4

RelayQuad4

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:11 am

@DVAted Admitting to a systems flaws is one of the most respectable things one can do rather than say it's perfect and everyone who doesn't fully agree with it has the problem. So Kudos to you sir. The main concern of every system is if it works at all. This one manages to make the authors of the modding community feel more appreciated as well as giving their mods more value due to exclusiveness. That much I honestly think this system accomplishes extensively. Yet if you think about a person who is not the most social person in the world may end up getting the short end of the stick based on the explanation of the rules here. This is definitely a community worth investing your time in on a same page or relatively likeminded individuals bases. Skeptic

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 4:03 am

@DVAted I think you're pretty much hitting the nail on the head here. FO4 and everything connected to it, has hit the modding scene for Bethesda games quite hard. You can feel it here, on the Nexus and elsewhere, but you feel it especially hard here at GUN since it's a rather "small" community.
Sadly I don't see the bad impacts vanishing anytime soon, they might even increase once the Skyrim remaster gets released and people start stealing mods again :/

Back to top Go down
OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm

lance jones wrote:
Yet if you think about a person who is not the most social person in the world may end up getting the short end of the stick based on the explanation of the rules here.

One truly experiences life...when they exit their comfort zone

I simply can't accept those that complain about the request to be an active participant...because that's what it is...a request. No one is forced to do anything here...as it's an offer from the establishment. So many that come here and join are "shocked" and nearly offended that there is a stipulation that needs to be satisfied prior to receiving unfettered access to the REST of the great content here...I say the rest because so much is shared freely without expectation (much if it I can't use because it's for FNV...and me and FNV well that's a long story...but I've seen the screen shots) That being said...the staff aren't madly advertising all the great stuff here and then holding up a sign saying "you must be at least THIS tall to enter" there is but a small fraction that is "reserved" and those that join up instantly feel shunned because they haven't received their secret decoder ring so they feel left out and now their downloading binge session is ruined...boohoo, they aren't seeing the real benefit of this place.

I joined...and have benefited far more from the knowledge of members here than I have from the mods that are here...the collective intelligence of this community about gaming...and related subject matter is just scary...and I don't mean "scary movie" scary I'm talking "alone in the dark during a power outage in the midst of a massive thunder storm listening to Edgar Allen Poe on tape" scary.

So my advice to those that joined after...and those that were here before me...enjoy the community and reveal yourself as a decent human being capable of civil communication
Back to top Go down
linkin79

linkin79

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm new here but I've enjoyed my brief time here.Ive been welcomed with open arms and have been treated with respect and kindness.And that's not something I can say for some of the communities I've been a part of in the past.
Cough"gamefaqs"....where your looked down upon or talked down to just because you don't have a million posts.And yeah the mods are great,but that's icing on the cake.I like posting on here and interacting with the other cool people on here and seeing all the different opinions.
Anyway just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Thank you all for your input. We have big news today!
Some sad news, but understandable either way:
@cake and @Mattafex, because of real life issues, decided to resign from their positions.
Therefore, we have one less Sentinel and one less GFX Crewman Sad
We are sorry they had to step down and we welcome them back whenever they decide to rejoin our community Beer
To be clear, we didn't demote them, they asked to leave due to real life complications, and we wish them the best with sorting that out. Good luck with work and school and family and everything!
Much love Hugging and thank you both for your input as staff.

We've had a Staff Meeting today and we've made some important changes.
@cake is inducted into the order of the Purple Hearts
BUT we have not 1 Sentinel to cover her absence, but 4!
Let's welcome to the Golden Squad, our very own, amazing quartet of:
@AceofSnakes
@William Lionheart
@ZombieRedNeck
@Eetterinakki

They will all commence their 2 week trial period starting tonight.

We thank them for welcoming the challenge, for wanting to better the site and
we wish them Welcome to the team and the absolute best career here Thumbs Up !

We're honored to announce that @LordOfWar has been granted Paladin rank cheers Keep up the legendary innovations you bring to Fallout modding, man! cheers

For more good news, we have new Colonials:
@vahn65
@gibons45
Congratulations!
Stay active and respect our modders' wishes!

Also, @wurm45 has regained his Veteran rank after being demoted for lurking a while ago. He's since revived his activity and thus, earned his full access back!
Everyone we've ever demoted for lurking can follow his example and get his/her rank back Thumbs Up

On another topic of the meeting, we've decided we're only going to do demotions once/month.
We hope we won't have to do many, but if we do, they won't be as often as they were.

Further on, we're making new changes to the site. We hope you'll like them and we hope it gets the community going at great speeds once again! Best wishes!
Now let's party!
Dancey Banana Dance Joy Dance Beer Drunk I see what you did t HappyRun

Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Sad to see some members go, but it's for the best, if they have real life issues. I wish both @cake and @Mattafex good luck.

On a more happier note, congratulations to all the newly promoted!

AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Congrats to you all!  Joy Dance

NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Congrats to all of you! I'm sure you'll all do great in your new positions. Thumbs Up

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:26 pm

First of all I have to say is:

Jokes a side, I want to congratulate my fellow Sentinels, may we all pass the trial and uphold the honor we've been granted. Congrats to the new colonials @vahn65 and@gibons45 keep up the good work and keep us proud! @LordOfWar you have earned your rank, thank you for all your work. @wurm45 welcome back to the fold!

To @cake and @Mattafex I wish you both the best of luck in your life.

When I came to GUN I had absolutely no idea I'd ever make it this far. My main goal was to become a Colonial to be a true part of the community. I really don't like logging in to a forum but for GUN I made an exception and one I didn't regret. When I reached Colonial status I felt accomplished to be part of the family cause this is what GUN has become for me, a second family.

I was one of you people and you accepted me. I never imagined that I'd be even considered to be a Sentinel and never hoped for it cause I was quiet satisfied. Yet I'm both honored in being asked for this status and grateful that you believed in me.

Hopefully I live up to everyone's expectations and do a good job.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm

holy crap thank you and congrats to @vahn65 and the new Sentinels and Paladin @LordOfWar and to @cake and most of all i look forward to all the good times to come! cowboy

Neo-Rex

Neo-Rex

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Congrats @Gibons45! Enjoy the mods! Congratulations!

cody61

cody61

Character sheet
Name: Cody
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Congratulations on all the promotion's colonials. Enjoy your rank and the mods.

vahn65

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:22 pm

@gibons45 Thanks mate we got here around the same time and i think you were one of my firs friends here Cheers too you and all the other people that have been blessed witha promotion! it turned my mundane day into an amazing one i was jumping for joy haha @DVAted and company Thank you for the trust in me thanks everyone keep gaming and keep your guns hot Smile

OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Congratulations Vahn and Gib! on the new status...congrats to cake for making purple...I thought LoW was already a paladin so that shows how much I know...and welcome back Wurm!

Congratulations to the 4 goldies as well...have fun at "work"

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 9:01 pm

I'd like to give a huge congratulations to everyone promoted here today, and a farewell to our members who are moving on to tackle other challenges in life. I'd also like to give thanks for the opportunity to work with staff and help the community improve however I can. Smile

Things are lookin' great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed] - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 51Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 51  Next