Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
power Superpele Overhaul gauss wolfenstein hunk khan body Gear machine NPCs Call Reforged boomers marvel ghoul riot Ryse money boom mandalorian dead daryl commonwealth vault Mask
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

» Late Introduction
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 am

» Greetings!
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

NCR Army Vs. The Red Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who Would Win?
The NCR Army
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line I_vote_lcap59%NCR Army Vs. The Red Line I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 16 ]
The Red Line
NCR Army Vs. The Red Line I_vote_lcap41%NCR Army Vs. The Red Line I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lillandoniril

Lillandoniril

NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 4:19 am

The NCR would win because DEMOCRACY IS NOT NEGOTIABLE
ps. I made the NCR ranger vs. Metro Ranger
BOS VS RED LINE Liberty Prime would be a challenge for The Red Line's usually superior equipment and keep up the awesome posts btw
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 am

At first, let me write that I'm no expert on Metro Lore. I started Metro 2033 (both the book and the game), watched most of the second game and that's about it. I know way more about Fallout/the NCR, but still not everything.

Anyway, I think it all depends on the battlefield and on how many people we're talking about.
Obviously the NCR would be at a huge disadvantage in the Metro tunnels, since they've never been there before. Since only Veteran Rangers seem to be having some kind of Night Vision, they'd have to get themselves either torches or flashlights.

If the battlefield is in the Mojave, the NCR is at a huge advantage. They can use all their vehicles (armored cars, vertibirds, possibly tanks, etc.) and would have a much easier time trying to attack the enemy. Even if they don't know the territory, they can at least see their enemies.

The NCR have their cannon-fodder troopers, their Rangers and Veteran Rangers, heavy Power Armor troops and vehicles all around. If we're putting all of the Red Line vs all of the NCR, the NCR is most certainly at a higher number. And unless they're fighting in the Metro tunnels, the NCR can use a wider variety of much more effective vehicles.

Then again, the Red Line has a big advantage equipment-wise. They have better weapons and armor and better trained soldiers. The NCR has access to a lot of better technology (Laser and Plasma Weapons, Power Armor, Fatmen, etc.) but usually don't use it.

Results:
If they fight in the Metro, the Red Line would win. They seem to have their better equipment more widely distibuted and can use all of their vehicles. The NCR don't know anything about the metro, anyone but the Veteran Rangers will have a very hard time at navigating and they get beaten/forced to retread, but with their heavy troopers and Rangers they'd take out a big chunk of the Red Line.

If they fight above the ground, the NCR would probably win, but lose huge numbers to the Red Line. The NCR could actually see their enemy, they could use vehicles and vertibirds and beat the Red Line by sheer numbers alone. The Red Line would be restricted, since they don't usually fight above ground and can't use any of the vehicles I know of. Even if they could, the NCR would probably still win.

I vote NCR.
PS: BoS vs Red Line? BoS, definitely. Liberty (Prime) is strong enough to kill and stand against everything short of a nuclear strike from space. His laser kills literaly anything in one shot.
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Damn, you just kicked my ass with arguments.

The part about the tanks was pure speculation on my part, since I remember reading it at one point (hence the "possibly") and my internet is too slow for Googling (it does work, but it takes way too long). Thanks for the info.

As for vehicles, aren't there trucks in Camp McCarran?
from the Fallout Wiki:

Previous Fallout games (and the Fallout Bible as far as I know) also state that there are cars. To quote reddit users Kastera1000 and Fallout2isthebest:

Kastera1000 wrote:
According to Fallout Bible 5, "NCR is rumored to have a mechanized vehicle division outside of its farming vehicles, but the number of vehicles in the division is unknown."

Fallout2isthebest wrote:
Theres a guy outside of Shady Sands in Fallout 2 who watches cars, as well as a car repair guy. If there were no cars in the NCR both jobs would be pointless.

Also, how does Salvaged Power Armor = Potato? Isn't the SPA, lore-wise at least, pretty good armor?

As for the rest, you got me. What about the whole "advantage in numbers" thing, though? Couldn't the NCR just throw people at the Red Line 'till it's gone? It's what they've done against the BoS and Enclave (as far as I know), so why wouldn't it work against the Red Line?
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Nah, I saw the endings of Last Light (a while ago). Are there any actualy numbers on either faction, though? I can only guess that the NCR is big enough to hold their huge-ass territory, and the Red Line apparently occupies a big part of Russia's Metros, but how many are they exactly?

I agree, in the Metro the Red Line would win. They'd lose people, but they'd win. But what if they fight in the Mojave? Let's say they fight in Camp McCarran. Do you think the NCR'd have better chances?
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Huh. Well, guess I'm changing sides.
Communism is non-negotiable.
Back to top Go down
snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Uhm well this sounds like actual fun.
Let me try :s
Despite the fact that it is very unliekly/just not possible that these factions would meet,there are roughly 250 years inbetween the Metro series timeline and Fallout timeline.(if I remember correct,I might be wrong correct me if so).
But with this out the way,one should also consider the lore of the two games.
Fallout series wasteland is not nearly as harsh as the Metro wasteland is,in the metro wasteland life outside the metro is bearly possible,you need a gas mask as the air is still contaminated and mutants are a serious threat.
And again,if I remember correct,the NCR is not the high end faction most people belive they are.
Deserters,Poorly trained troops (like the squad you meet near Lake las Vegas) and whole fortified camps running short on supplies&gear and equiped only with Caravan Shotguns.
Meh. True to Caesar I guess.
The line on the other hand isn't perfect either,but common,they have a (Train)TANK. A TANK.

But if it would come to a war with the NCR,I guess the NCR could not survive another war.The legion already gave them a punch to the face.A good amount of NCR soldiers would just crack up morally.Getting send to fight another army and probably get even more losses would break the NCR up.It would be just to much pressure,at the end they are only human,not war robots without emotions and morals.
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 am

It appears as though I was summoned. Alrighty, let's look at this.

For a quick summary: The NCR, fighting against a trained, modern military of sorts, will not stand a chance. They lack the fundamental training, strategy, and equipment to be able to do so. For instance, they are fighting a tribal force which according to lore, barely ever has access to decent firearms. Most of the Legion's ground forces are tribesmen with machetes and football pads, nothing more. The NCR has equipped most, if not all of its soldiers, with a Service Rifle or equivalent. There is no reason the NCR should be taking as much losses as it is against this foe - it's bad strategy.

The Red Line, in Metro, is a fierce military faction and it does battle frequently with the Reich. The Reich relies on smaller groups of superior trained soldiers, where as the Red Line relies on waves of conscripts with elites backing them up. In common, we see barely trained soldiers on the front line, with veterans backing them up further down. As seen above, they are well within their means to overrun an elite military faction with superior weapons and equipment. Let that sink in. They overran and were on the verge of annihilating the D6 Rangers, entirely, and gaining control of the Metro.

I'm seeing the location being brought up quite frequently. In reality, it's not gonna matter much. The NCR has fortified areas very similar to what the Red Line would expect. HELIOS ONE for example, is very similar to the D6 site. Paired with the large amount of Railroad Tracks in the NV Wasteland, that spells doom for NCR forces lacking any Anti Armor means. And many do, since the NCR does not need to worry about armored opponents. Armored as in Tank, not power armor. It's not invincible but it'll wipe out a large chunk of NCR's force.

And, let us not forget that if hte NCR has trouble fighting conscripts with machetes and NO training, what'll they do with conscripts who've lived in a hostile metro their entire lives and actually have decent firearms? Because let's not forget as well, that the Bastard Carbine uses 5.45x45mm ammunition. And that at the very least, Red Line can give kevlar to its soldiers, and while it may not be much at all, you're still looking at even the bottom tier of the Red Line utterly annihilating the NCR's bottom tier.

Just some thoughts Vault boy Smile
Back to top Go down
Finnisher

Finnisher

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:59 pm

If Brotherhood of steel lost to NCR's superior numbers, i honestly do not see how the Red Line would have any better luck. So, at least on open ground, NCR would take it, but with higher casualties.

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Finnisher wrote:
If Brotherhood of steel lost to NCR's superior numbers, i honestly do not see how the Red Line would have any better luck. So, at least on open ground, NCR would take it, but with higher casualties.

Well, the Brotherhood lost because they were a much, much smaller group. And even then, they weren't completely decimated. That and the brotherhood did deal a major blow to NCR's forces. The only reason they really had to retreat was because they weren't equipped to take on such a large group. If the NCR truly had such an advantage, they would've trailed them to their bunkers and finished them there.

In fact, had the Red Line put up a defense at the Helios One, I guarantee the NCR wouldn't have taken it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Finnisher

Finnisher

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 pm

AceofSnakes wrote:
Finnisher wrote:

Well, the Brotherhood lost because they were a much, much smaller group. And even then, they weren't completely decimated. That and the brotherhood did deal a major blow to NCR's forces. The only reason they really had to retreat was because they weren't equipped to take on such a large group. If the NCR truly had such an advantage, they would've trailed them to their bunkers and finished them there.

In fact, had the Red Line put up a defense at the Helios One, I guarantee the NCR wouldn't have taken it. Wink

During the beginning of Metro: Last Light, Artyom states that there's 40,000 people living in the Metro. Red Line is only a part of that, likely the biggest party in the metro, but compared to NCR, their numbers are minimal, seeing as the NCR is spread largely on the east coast of US, numbering in hundreds of thousands, supposedly at 700,000.

Tr3ach3ry

Tr3ach3ry

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:17 am

I think the would be to lazy to fight each other .Or maybe a lot of Reds will leave their side to join the NCR or i dunno .There are a lot of possibilities .The Red line has the equipment and the resources but it lacks in manpower .It also has good spyes .
Its hard to judge since those are 2 different worlds .If they ever fight there would be a lot of blood.
Dont forget there are the Nazis ,The Chee..Bandits ,Independent factions like Polis .It would be a mess.
Also dont forget that the Reds obtained some kind of a bio-weapon .
The NCR has cannibals ,raiders ,The Legion and other things to fight .
So nobody wins ,everybody looses .
Unless Uncle Bourbon comes back from the dead and Ulman starts growing shrooms in the whole Metro and nuclear winter comes to NCR .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCR Army Vs. The Red Line   NCR Army Vs. The Red Line Empty

Back to top Go down

NCR Army Vs. The Red Line

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next