Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
gauss Overhaul Reforged daryl khan vault boom wolfenstein body boomers ghoul riot Superpele mandalorian NPCs marvel hunk Ryse dead money commonwealth Mask Call machine Gear power
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 12:02 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Seminole Gamer Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 am

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 3:16 pm

» Starfield
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 8:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Need some porting/rigging advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 2:35 am

Wow, thanks! Actually I understand most of steps and I already ported armor but in much more primitive way.

Could You please explain step 4:

Quote :
4. Apply modifier on FO mesh for deformation: this will permanently make the current pose the default one. Set the skeleton to non-posing mode.

-What exactly modifier should I apply? How it is called in modifier list? I tried meshdeform (choosed my FO4 port as bind object) and "apply" existing armature modifier. All gives the same result, after skinning and parenting to ckeleton F4 body doesn't match default FalloutNV T-pose. Sad This step is one that I can't "catch" and walk in a circle around. Sad

Spoiler:

-"Non-posing" mode is object mode right?
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:59 am

Lemme dig up my 2.49b. God, I hate that version of Blender........ As a hint, use 2.49b only for export, and 2.7 for everything else. Everything makes so much more sense in the new version.

Anyway, you need to select your body mesh, not the skeleton, for this to work. When you do, a tab named 'Modifiers' will appear under the 'Editing' section (press F9 in Object Mode). If you see it, you'll see a 'Make Real' button next to 'Armature parent deform'. Click that then press 'Apply'. Your mesh will no longer move with the skeleton, but that's fine. Copy weights then move back skeleton to 'compensate'.

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:20 am

Yes, I did all of it. FNV mesh becomes "default" pose exactly as You said:

Spoiler:

But after I copy weights and parent F4 mesh to skeleton, I still have wrong F4 mesh position. Because it's default pose is F4 one.

What do You mean "compensate"? Should I move skeleton to default T-pose before copying weights to F4 model? I tried it, still no succes. F4 model doesn't match FNV t-Pose.

Spoiler:

But it is skinned and animatable through.

Spoiler:

To be honest I don't understand how it can match if object's default vertex pose is F4 one. The only way I see it to "animate" skinned mesh to fit FNV t-pose with this wrong armature and then reskin it frim scratch after applying "apply deform" script. Maybe this IS the way we talking about? Because it's only possible way that I see after tonns of experiments.

P.S. Yep, I have Blender 2.72, I'm just lazy sometimes to reopen virtual machine for import and export (my main machine is x64 system, wasn't succesful to make 2.49b to work on it with NifScripts -.- ). x)
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 5:54 am

By 'compensate' I mean move back the skeleton such that the port matches the original FO mesh. Leave the FO mesh alone (disable the deformation modifier there). It's not going to be exact (well, it could be, but that procedure is extremely complicated), but exact enough such that it matches.

So, to sum it up:

1. Import both
2. Move FO mesh via skeleton.
3. Apply deformation.
4. Weight copy.
5. Delete FO mesh, reimport new FO mesh.
6. Parent old skeleton to ported model.
7. Manipulate old skeleton such that ported model roughly matches up with new FO mesh.
8. Apply modifier, delete old skeleton and reparent to new skeleton.

There's another way of solving no. 5 onwards, but that requires Blender 2.72.

Also, NifScripts works fine with x64, so you might want to see what's going on there.

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 6:10 am

So, as I understood, the way I do it is the right way? I just pose skeleton until it matches FNV body turning a blind eye to the fact that actually F4 default pose and FNV one doesnt match? If that's it than thanks! I was afraid I missed something important.

I dunno, I tried to make NifScripts work with x64 system many times and on different machines (my and husband's one) and got nothing. x32 Blender and NifScripts work fine through (but I need to have virtual nachine with x32 system on it).
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:43 pm

What you're trying to do is to copy weights first. Once that's done, you can manipulate that mesh using the skeleton. Thus, you can move 'back' the skeleton such that it's the same as the FO3 standard.

What I forgot to add was, once you made your FO3 skeleton match the FO4 mesh, you should apply your skeleton pose as the current resting pose. That way, if you parent your now-weighted FO4 mesh to it, your FO4 mesh shouldn't move it at all. Then you can move your skeleton back the way it was.

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 am

Quote :
What I forgot to add was, once you made your FO3 skeleton match the FO4 mesh, you should apply your skeleton pose as the current resting pose. That way, if you parent your now-weighted FO4 mesh to it, your FO4 mesh shouldn't move it at all. Then you can move your skeleton back the way it was.

Oh God. That's it. That's exactly what I was missed! Thank You! Finally I understood procedure completely and can easily and correctly reanimate skeleton as it should be back to F3 pose.

Thank You again. Smile
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:00 am

All good, good luck with your project!

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:49 pm

This is one of the most informative threads I've (happened to have) seen on this site - thanks to the OP for asking, and to the community for sharing their insight...
Back to top Go down
front210

front210

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:20 pm

dazzerfong wrote:

Very useful information, dazzerfong, thank you! +1 to Rep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some porting/rigging advice   Need some porting/rigging advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some porting/rigging advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2