Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call commonwealth vault gauss boom ghoul khan Gear wolfenstein NPCs mandalorian Overhaul Mask daryl Reforged hunk Ryse money Superpele marvel machine power body dead riot boomers
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
How far do you think the fallout games will go? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How far do you think the fallout games will go?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GenJohnWilliam

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

How far do you think the fallout games will go? Empty
PostSubject: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm

what i mean is do think thier will be a fallout games after fallout 4
i think thier might be maby a 5 or spin off game, i do want to see the game go on but im not sure seeing another fallout game after fallout 4 is going to happen seeing how the wait for fallout 4 is so long.
so i truly think fallout 4 might be the last game.

As always tell me what you think is there or is there not going to be more fallouts
or if you think im wrong. Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Fallout 4 might be the last game but nah there will be more Fallouts but within time they shall arrive and a spin off might be good or even how about Fallout 1 and 2 re-created with a better engine i mean everyone woul've love it.<span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span>&nbsp;<br>
Back to top Go down
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Red Queen Amaryllis
Faction: Shadow Inquisition
Level: Immortal

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't predict anything good coming from Bethesda's future of gaming is going to happen anytime soon. I mean, they could make new Fallout or ES games, but I don't think they carry the same weight of promise as the earlier games. Well, I know for a fact I might not buy another game from Bethesda because of rush of development and the new releases always have bugs. Even though I was told we should probably wait a while after patch day or so, what worries me is a lot of games might just end up like Big Rigs, and that was a poorly functional game.

**Screenshot story-arcs on hiatus until further notice**
Back to top Go down
Dead Man

Dead Man

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm

As they are slowly runing of ideas there might be two more fallouts coming out in next 20 years but they can always do some remasters of fallout 1,2 and tactics, I would definitely spend my money on them.
Back to top Go down
JonathanThomas

JonathanThomas

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:51 pm

I think the fallout franchise will stay alive aslong as there are people out there still keeping it alive...however i do think bethesda will call it quits after fallout 4, you can only carry on a certain game for so long but i do think the fallout series will carry on long after bethesda stops making it
Back to top Go down
Atomicfox0

Atomicfox0

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm gonna say that they will last a long long looooongg time. People who have stuck with it since the beginning has mostly loved it. As long as the fans are alive they should keep making it. Although no offense but I hope they don't make fallout online... ESO just seemed bad. So I hope they keep it single player. Single player games are a lot of fun and I think that is a theme that fallout really excels in.

Pancoar

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:02 am

Call me crazy but I honestly rather have Bethesda sell the rights to Fallout to someone else... Or just let Obsidian work on Fallout while they focus on Elder Scrolls, probably in the minority but I liked New Vegas more than 3, and I'm not too keen on Fallout 4 if Skyrim is an indicator of what we'll be getting in Fallout 4.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:03 am

Pancoar wrote:
Call me crazy but I honestly rather have Bethesda sell the rights to Fallout to someone else... Or just let Obsidian work on Fallout while they focus on Elder Scrolls, probably in the minority but I liked New Vegas more than 3, and I'm not too keen on Fallout 4 if Skyrim is an indicator of what we'll be getting in Fallout 4.

Oh well.

While your arguments have merit, I just want something to come out now. It's been too long. New lands, new storylines, new music all of the good stuff.

As long as Fallout generates a lot of positive reviews and income, there will always be a new Fallout on the horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
thisguyhere

thisguyhere

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 3:26 am

Like maybenexttime just mentioned above, I think the brand will be around as long as it's keeps making money. I just think the time since we've had a proper new release had just led us a bit jaded and weary; but I think that fact that there are still mods being created daily for these 4 and 6 year old games, not to mention sites like this, that there's no shortage in interest for more games.  Bethesda would be stupid to ignore that. And as far as Bethesda is concerned, I agree that New Vegas was better made, but 3 was still a great game. They took the old fallout formula and completely flipped it on its head making it First person and more direct, so of course there would be obstacles and sacrifices. And of course the next game would learn from those and expand upon it, whether or not it was different company developing it.

I also really doubt they're running out of ideas. When you think about it, Fallout has only told stories in 4 different places, all of them in the United States. One of those wasn't explored nearly as much as the other three either. Granted, some of these ideas may require breaking the mold a bit down the line; you can only use the same people and factions as major plot points so many times without changing them and expect them to still be any good. Like in 3, people were upset that Lyons Brotherhood were so much different than what was established, but it made for a good story.

So yeah, I think as long as Bethesda stays in business or that the license doesn't fall into bureaucratic hell if they don't, that the fallout series will be around as long as there's interest and people who would enjoy it... and who would pay to do so. I mean, it's lasted the past 17 years right? Why not more?
Back to top Go down
arbiter1742

arbiter1742

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 6:28 am

While I agree that as long as there's interest in the Fallout title, Bethesda would keep making them, they also have to take into consideration the fact that the next installment has to be very close to perfect. If it's not, the loss of the fan base would be huge. So personally, I think they would wait for a few more years, until NV and Fallout 3 start to get worn out - after all, when those two game get to somewhere around ten years old, people would really want a new title - then they would release the next Fallout, and hope it's not too disappointing.

Right now I'm sure they are happy to play it safe and not rush the next installment out the door.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 7:28 am

I reckon Fallout games will be around  for another decade or two, assuming humanity doesn't have its own fallout before then. I really wouldn't like it to get out of hand like the Final Fantasy series though. When all fresh ideas have been exhausted, they should just put it to rest, not milk it.

As for Fallout 4, I personally don't care if Bethesda doesn't release it for another couple of years. I would rather wait for them to fix the major bugs and tighten up work on the UV maps, less jittery animations, huge memory leaks and memory limits, rushed/broken quests, and 'fixing' things that didn't need fixing, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseam... (afterall, we've got plenty of mods to play with for Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim - The Frontier, for example)

But that's not going to happen. I imagine Bethesda's hands are tied. Where huge investments [in games] are concerned, this is always going to be the case. I sometimes get all nostalgic at the days when games weren't such a 'big thing' to capitalise on, least not in the way they are today. It'd be two Dungeons and Dragons geeks wearing birkenstocks in a caravan spending years on some complex algorithm for an RPG game like Baulder's Gate or Chrono Trigger.

Nowadays, developers have fairly rigid timeframes to work with, so things are rushed and overlooked, that's just the way it is now and there's no real getting around it. They don't have the time to make a focused, consistent, and detailed effort over a long period of time. In a way, I reckon they know they can be a little bit lazy because they see their beloved fans as a soft touch who'll rectify those mistakes through modding. I'm sure deep down they don't want it this way, but it's probably something of a necessary evil.

Without getting too philosophical, when I hear/read people talk about how Bethesda needs to do this or that, I have to reiterate, it's the way most things are now! The accelerating cultural shift from a society based on quality to one based on quantity ensued. We live in a throw-away society. Things aren't built to last anymore - products with inbuilt obsolescence, et cetera. As the saying goes, "they don't make them like they used to". It's not just TVs, dishwashers and FIFA games... Bethesda are a part of this too. On the contrary, I do not wish to convey the impression that I believe life was superior 'in the old days', modern life has many advantages, but as I said, their hands are tied and it's big business now, and the next Fallout/TES installment will be full of old and new bugs and game breaking things to keep us entertained. We'll just have to learn to live with it or move onto smaller games that haven't yet been taken by the tide.

Pete Hines said prior to the release of TES5:
Hines wrote:
Bethesda has a harder time with bugs than other game developers because of the size and scope of its games. The truth of the matter is that it's far easier to bug-test and playtest a game that's very linear than one that's very open

I also read that Bethesda had a hundred computers playing the game 24/7 in order to look for bugs, as well as a couple of dozen beta testers playing aggressively.
Spoiler:

So I don't think we should be too hard. I don't envy their task at all! It's a huge game and so many things can go wrong!
Most of the bugs I experienced occured very late in a playthrough. It's as if, the further I got, the more the game became unstable. Having said that, on a vanilla playthrough, some bugs didn't occur the first time, but would the second time and vice versa, so some bugs, it seems, were dependent on one of the countless possibilities. This is what happens when you create a big game. I also think people are being a little unfair to Bethesda about bugs. I haven't played a game yet that didn't have them. All the big game names have them and all the big games release patches. No need to single out Bethesda. For all the aforementioned reasons I've given, it's just the way things are now. Even the hollier-than-though Valve have bugs in their games! [Seen many people claiming that Valve games are 'superior' somehow - I've found many bugs in them during my playthroughs of Portal or Half Life - What's more, they're not engines designed for huge complex sandbox worlds. They're generally linear games. Why people compare the two is just ridiculous]

Urgh! I've rambled too much, so I digress: Long live Fallout! cheers

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Last edited by OrmrSnaethorsen on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a few more thoughts)
Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:48 am

With Fallout 3-New Vegas being a tremendous benefit to Bethesda, it's unlikely that Fallout 4 would be the last (assuming they're in the process of constructing it). To add to this, the Fallout series has mind-boggling potential to explore key aspects of its universe. The environments and locations the setting has taken place in has been rather small with the whole world in mind.

It's not even hard to get a couple of basic ideas on the table.

-A nearly intact country, in Europe or Asia, that manages to thrive despite the wasteland and ruins of its former neighbors.
-A setting in a Chinese wasteland as decedent from American soldiers stationed there.

With major developers not too keen on creating new IPS, Fallout, with its creative freedom and potential, won't be a series shelved anytime in the near future.

chill_mishka

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:27 am

Bethesda is kind of running out of ideas, fallout 4 better be good or else that says everything on the rest of the fallout series. With new vegas, it was good but the setting of Vegas was kind of useless because Half of the map is desert and not many settlements, mods make the game even better. If they make a new game it better be a better map and a lot of new features, because Bethesda needs to step it up.

PostSubject: Re: How far do you think the fallout games will go?   How far do you think the fallout games will go? Empty

Back to top Go down

How far do you think the fallout games will go?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1