Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk Mask Call vault Gear money mandalorian boom ghoul daryl wolfenstein gauss commonwealth Ryse NPCs dead marvel khan body Reforged Superpele riot machine boomers power Overhaul
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 7:54 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 9:21 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 7:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 pm

To be honest mcsketch that's exactly what I envisioned. Only I presumed it wasn't possible. Cool to know people managed it with escape from tarkov. I get why some people would see it pointless as 76 is all about the multiplayer. But I'm not a co-op player and I'd enjoy modding this game. And I don't personally care about the list of nexus mods available for it, ones which are very limited because they can't interfere with the gameplay. I'm probably a small percentage of players but I'm a big fan of camp items. Having access to all of it to play around with is perfect for me and why it would make the experience more worth my money, to me specifically. Yeah the game is cheap but the atom shop isn't. Also being able to cheat in weapons and armors otherwise lost to limited time events is also nice. I have seen fallout worlds and honestly, if it provided all of that I'd pay for it. But we're still yet to see what it really is just yet. But some promising camp options at least.
Back to top Go down
Ballout

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 10:51 am

The only reason why I got 76 was during the Steam free weekend and subsequent sale, and only then because I found you can manage a single player experience.  If someone managed to enable offline play, and with most of the content, I'd be all over that.

When asked 'why play 76 then, just play something else' the answer is not difficult:  I want more Fallout,  and I want more post apocalyptic gaming.
However, if Bethseda keeps going in this direction - mass casual gamer appeal, always online, 'play with your friends', $6.00 hat - there'll be diminishing returns for an old fan like me.
It's no coincidence that 76 is missing a lot of the old Fallout vibes and ambiance with it's new marketing structure.

This may anger some, but with 76 Fallout is heading more towards PUBG than the sole survivor wandering the wasteland.

Character selfies with online purchase backgrounds and Twitch gamergirlz is not Fallout.
Back to top Go down
Ballout

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 11:00 am

Sonichu_fanboy wrote:
all bethesda games since morrowind use the same engine. every game has slight changes to the gamebryo engine, but it is virtually still the exact same thing, right down to using some snippets of code from 2002 in some places. If anyone bothered, it would be relatively simple to simply copy paste the game world and assets, minus NPCs and quests(and due to time difference between F4 and 76, it wouldn't make much sense to directly port everything from 76 in it's current state anyhow)

Since the game wasn't designed with any major quests or ideas or factions in mind when it launched, the problem is that there isn't really much to do. Unless the modteam would go out of it's way to craft new factions and questlines from scratch, it would just be a major map for settlement building, scavenging and dungeon crawling. Not saying that's bad, but it definitely wouldn't fulfill the same scratch that TTW would, having best of both worlds
Even then, I doubt we will see anything better from the franchise in coming years. Bethesda made it abundantly clear they are more interested in finding new ways to milk their dwindling fanbase dry with microtransactions and wasting their time with meaningless battle passes rather than crafting new worlds and stories. Considering their blatant, open disregard for lore at this point, it might be a good thing.
My point is that Appalachia type TTW project and the likes of Miami/London/Cascadia, assuming they don't bomb the same way Frontier did, are the only thing to look forward to. Take it or not, there really isn't anything else as far as decent content goes. I don't really care about things like new guns or armor or whatnot, because I already have everything I need for my game, right down to hand balancing everything to make it fit as if it shipped with the game on day one, but it also doesn't add anything substantial to the game. It's sprinkles and powdered sugar, they have no substance on their own.
NV modding is more or less dead with Frontier, and F3 modding has been dead for quite a while even before that. F2 Modding might unironically be more active in the future than 3D fallout games, thanks to the dedicated russian fanbase, who actually understand the gameworld of fallout and take actual effort to craft their projects(which is understandable, it takes dedication to work with a 20+ year old engine). Sonora hasn't been translated yet, to my knowledge, but I bet it will blast anything recent the western modders have made for 3D games, once it will be. But I doubt most people play those older fallout games, so as far as F4 content goes, there isn't anything more to look forward to. Porting F76 over to F4, in any working state, might be the biggest single drop of content F4 has left in it, and might be the very last one, too. I hope the other mod teams that are working on major projects prove me wrong on this, but I just don't see much hope either way. At least we all know what to expect with ports of 76 at this point, everyone knows what the game is like.

I feel you, brother.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Ballout wrote:
This may anger some, but with 76 Fallout is heading more towards PUBG than the sole survivor wandering the wasteland.
Which is why they add single player story content and will abandon Nuclear Winter (the battle royale mode) in September? Yeah, no.

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 3:58 pm

BloodySister69 wrote:
Ballout wrote:
Which is why they add single player story content and will abandon Nuclear Winter (the battle royale mode) in September? Yeah, no.

By single player content do you mean NPCs? They were added because nobody liked the completely barren release.

Don't fool yourself my friend, 76 was designed to be a cash generating always online micro transaction store appealing to the mainstream yen for multiplay. They saw dollar signs from titles like The Division and wanted in on that.

Abandoning battle royal is not abandoning multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Ballout wrote:
BloodySister69 wrote:
Ballout wrote:

By single player content do you mean NPCs? They were added because nobody liked the completely barren release.

Don't fool yourself my friend, 76 was designed to be a cash generating always online micro transaction store appealing to the mainstream yen for multiplay. They saw dollar signs from titles like The Division and wanted in on that.

Abandoning battle royal is not abandoning multiplayer.
No, smartass I mean the multiple storylines like wastelanders and the two BOS stories. If you can’t make a proper argument don’t make a strawman.

Arguing that they go in the direction of a battle Royale when they literally listened to feedback about their battle Royale and retire the Mode in favor of other content is so absurd.
Back to top Go down
Ballout

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 6:24 pm

There's really no need to be nasty, man. We're discussing a franchise we all enjoy. Just don't be so angry and present your thoughts, I'm more than willing to read them.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 6:35 pm

Ballout wrote:
There's really no need to be nasty, man. We're discussing a franchise we all enjoy. Just don't be so angry and present your thoughts, I'm more than willing to read them.
I don’t see anybody enjoying it, I don’t see anybody discussing it. Just constant unreasonable shitting on it.

I already made a statement about how stupid I think it is and how unlikely it is given the technical circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Ballout

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Well I enjoy 76, but it takes harder work in imagination from the gamer's perspective to keep up suspension of disbelief. Fallouts 1 - 4, I'm feeling them. Feeling the ambiance, the PA mood.

The marketing, newer fanbase, presentation, and socio-political aspects etc of 76 dampens the experience for me.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 7:24 pm

BloodySister69 wrote:
Ballout wrote:
There's really no need to be nasty, man.  We're discussing a franchise we all enjoy.  Just don't be so angry and present your thoughts, I'm more than willing to read them.
I don’t see anybody enjoying it, I don’t see anybody discussing it. Just constant unreasonable shitting on it.

I already made a statement about how stupid I think it is and how unlikely it is given the technical circumstances.
I just like keeping a open mind and brainstorm ideas of what a single player 76 could/may be. I dont think it's as impossible as others make it out to be sense a lot of it comes down to two things passion and how much time you wanna put into it like anything else and just like anything else you never know unless you try but IF that's not what you want that's cool but honestly being from the area that 76 takes place in it was a major disappointment that my home was a cash grab not worth fleshing out till people got pissed. NOW is 76 a good game yeah i wont say it's not but honestly id enjoy a old school like expansion mod of it for FO4 sense it brings everything that 4 is lacking like weapon and armor repair for me personality witch has already been added back as a mod by the Reclamationists and 90% of people hate that mechanic but i don't and it's ok if people dont like it just like it's ok for you to think the whole idea is dumb and unlikely and it's cool i respect you anyway.

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 7:31 pm

Ballout wrote:
Well I enjoy 76, but it takes harder work in imagination from the gamer's perspective to keep up suspension of disbelief. Fallouts 1 - 4, I'm feeling them. Feeling the ambiance, the PA mood.

The marketing, newer fanbase, presentation, and socio-political aspects etc of 76 dampens the experience for me.
Sorry for lashing out so quick, I really enjoy this game and tend to get defensive about it.
For me, the premise of multiple vault dwellers that work together to re-build the land works a lot better than all the courier stuff from NV for example. I see it more as a fresh take and prefer it to a simple location swap where I walk alone through the wastes endlessly.

I keep my eyes on the community a bit and don’t think it’s a new fanbase entirely. Like me many people played 3, NV and 4 before and some fans of 76 also played the older ones. This is a nice ground for discussion about lore and how things changed over the years.

But so far every discussion on here has been very hateful towards it.

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 11:49 am

BloodySister69 wrote:
Ballout wrote:
Well I enjoy 76, but it takes harder work in imagination from the gamer's perspective to keep up suspension of disbelief.  Fallouts 1 - 4, I'm feeling them.  Feeling the ambiance, the PA mood.

Sorry for lashing out so quick, I really enjoy this game and tend to get defensive about it.
For me, the premise of multiple vault dwellers that work together to re-build the land works a lot better than all the courier stuff from NV for example. I see it more as a fresh take and prefer it to a simple location swap where I walk alone through the wastes endlessly.

I keep my eyes on the community a bit and don’t think it’s a new fanbase entirely. Like me many people played 3, NV and 4 before and some fans of 76 also played the older ones. This is a nice ground for discussion about lore and how things changed over the years.

But so far every discussion on here has been very hateful towards it.

I hear ya. 76 has a lot going for it, enjoyment-wise. It's stunningly beautiful, for one, and the world space is well crafted. I like the idea Vault dweller's coming together, though the way the went about it broke lore, regarding the nefarious nature of Vault-Tek.

I also liked the grainy, post technicolor, 70's marketing aspect of 76, and the amazing construction and placement of the Vault. That sense of mystery and awe when you first leave. The problem for me is mostly the multiplayer aspect. This is what crushes immersion and in-world belief. I enjoy other multiplay PA games, but am more comfortable SP for Fallout.
Back to top Go down
zac480

zac480

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 11:10 pm

@mcsketch, you are exactly right. There is a server emulator for 76, that is downloadable from a discord. It is not fully fleshed out, but it is exactly the experience you are describing. I desperately want this as well. The world for FO76 is awesome, and the lighting in 76 is awesome. Can not find a mod for FO4 that gives it the same aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:48 am

@zac480
Oh wow that's good, I've been looking for that kind of thing. Is there a link or are they private?
Back to top Go down
djlife

djlife

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 12:36 am

I would LOVE that! DC from Bethesda would be a blessing. I hate the pay to mod system and the fact that Bethesda is nabbing ideas from modders INCLUDING ME!!!!

Nick6788

Character sheet
Name: Devastation
Faction:
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 2:31 am

zac480 wrote:
@mcsketch, you are exactly right.  There is a server emulator for 76, that is downloadable from a discord.  It is not fully fleshed out, but it is exactly the experience you are describing.  I desperately want this as well.  The world for FO76 is awesome, and the lighting in 76 is awesome.  Can not find a mod for FO4 that gives it the same aesthetic.

The lighting in Fallout 76 is awful though, it's 100% a downgrade from Fallout 4, and Fallout 4 itself wasn't a looker either. There's lots of excessive bloom in 76, lights are too bright because of that, and interiors are just ugly to look at. Heck, even surfaces like wooden floors are way too reflective since Wastelanders, it's a mess IMO. The world is nicely designed though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion   [FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[FO76] Singleplayer Offline Hack Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2