Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse wolfenstein money daryl commonwealth dead gauss mandalorian ghoul body Overhaul NPCs Mask Reforged marvel power machine boomers vault Gear Call riot Superpele hunk boom khan
Latest topics
» Hey guys!!!
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby SilverInc Today at 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FO76 Single Player Discussion Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO76 Single Player Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

FO76 Single Player Discussion Empty
PostSubject: FO76 Single Player Discussion   FO76 Single Player Discussion EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm

While scrolling through the pay-to-use apparel and camp items in the Atomic Shop I began to realise just how much cool stuff was in the game, locked behind a literal pay wall. Because the items don't give players an advantage in gameplay, locking them behind additional costs within an already payed for triple-A game is apparently justified by Bethesda standards. While the items that were free to use in 4 being locked behind a paywall in 76 are very annoying, I find it even more annoying that Bethesda developers are creating tons additional content, which is well made mind you, locked behind more and more money every release. You can argue the cost for developing new content is separate to that of the base game, that you can (tediously) 'earn' (a minuscule amount of) atoms in the game or that by having free DLC the transactions are justified, but come on. Twenty dollars for a power armor skin.

Don't get me wrong - I know everyone feels this way, but I think even the fact that the game is permanently locked behind a buggy online server (unless you pay EVEN MORE just for a SUBSCRIPTION just to use singleplayer mode, which contains the same issues) is massively wrong. We payed full price, we should be able to play what we bought with our own money how we want to, and have access to the content we purchased literally encoded in the files we bought.

If we can't get (objectively) good gameplay or a good story, we're at least entitled to the game we payed for. There's no point asking for this because if it were possible it would have been done, but I wish there was a way to modify the game and have access to its content in an offline state.
Back to top Go down
murderdevil

murderdevil

PostSubject: Re: FO76 Single Player Discussion   FO76 Single Player Discussion EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm

whats the deal with the solo server you gotta pay for?

more resources for you since you are alone? I imagine you can't really take on events or bosses solo unless you level up to some crazy level with meta weapons and builds right?

You're just probably farming basic levels and dailies? I thought about buying Fallout 1st or whatever it's called for the solo experience, but I doubt they downscale the enemies so that I can solo their crazy event bosses with millions of HP. I have no patience anymore for bullet sponges.
Back to top Go down
momuse88

momuse88

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO76 Single Player Discussion   FO76 Single Player Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 am

I don't see why folks are upset about Fallout 1st. You're always going to have to pay for private servers. You can split up the cost of it too by password protecting it and only giving it to people who chip in five bucks or something. I imagine mods will come at some point in the future as well but that would be only after they've found a way to let people have their own servers without borking the gameplay balance for everyone else as well.

And if you ever come up with a satisfactory definition for what an "objectively good" story looks like, please let me know. I like the story and I think a lot of the basic gameplay (not all) is better than Fallout 4 at this stage of its development.

RangerJosh

PostSubject: Re: FO76 Single Player Discussion   FO76 Single Player Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 10:54 am

Tbh, I don't play Fallout 76, and one of the reasons, other than the fact that most people still think that it is a very glitchy mess, is because of the microtransactions, specifically Fallout 1st.

While it's true that you have to pay for Private Servers in other games, which I personally don't agree with anyone, but that seems to be the way of things, it's also the fact that the game itself was released in such a broken, unplayable state, and they still ask for money, a quite frankly, extortionate amount of money for it.

On top of that, they ask for seemingly basic features, like the scrapbox and the Ranger Armor Outfit, one of the most popular armour sets in all of Fallout, and they ask for people to pay for it, instead of just adding it for free.

So yeah, that's why I don't play, or have bought Fallout 76 with my own money.

I do think that in the case of single player, that the idea of Fallout 76 can be interesting, West Virginia seems like a fascinating location, and there does seem to be interesting and unique armours and weapons, and the npc interaction, and the dialogue system is very good, and would've been great for Fallout 4 (even still, I like Fallout 4), but it's just not enough for me to accept a game that has micro transactions like @phatyoshi talked about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FO76 Single Player Discussion   FO76 Single Player Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

FO76 Single Player Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1