Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele Reforged power ghoul Overhaul daryl NPCs hunk gauss boomers Ryse vault commonwealth marvel mandalorian machine dead Gear body riot boom wolfenstein money Call Mask khan
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby fgjc Today at 6:42 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 6:54 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Frontier is an Insult

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Red Queen Amaryllis
Faction: Shadow Inquisition
Level: Immortal

The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:14 am

x-x--GX--x-x wrote:
Guys... 

The Frontier is back.
The mod got un-hidden on Nexus.

The mod is back, yes. But redacted with changes, and most of Zu's content already removed. Though it feels to some that the project itself was already halved. My decision is still abstract, and I really don't know if I will download it. I could, given the opportunity to do so now, but I won't be touching any of the Frontier material (well maybe except for the cars) and uploading it through screenshot detail until most of this mess is cleared up.

The way I see it, the Frontier is still in hot water right now. Though I'm sure the necessary edits have taken place, but it will be a while before it's all water under the bridge. Doesn't mean I won't play it until then, which I probably might. Though if I do upload screenshots of my Frontier experiences, well it won't be with the lizard fetish or any of the already revealed taboos of the mod itself.

**Screenshot story-arcs on hiatus until further notice**
Back to top Go down
x-x--GX--x-x

x-x--GX--x-x

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:20 am

Emperor Slyther wrote:
x-x--GX--x-x wrote:
Guys... 

The Frontier is back.
The mod got un-hidden on Nexus.

The mod is back, yes. But redacted with changes, and most of Zu's content already removed. Though it feels to some that the project itself was already halved. My decision is still abstract, and I really don't know if I will download it. I could, given the opportunity to do so now, but I won't be touching any of the Frontier material (well maybe except for the cars) and uploading it through screenshot detail until most of this mess is cleared up.

The way I see it, the Frontier is still in hot water right now. Though I'm sure the necessary edits have taken place, but it will be a while before it's all water under the bridge. Doesn't mean I won't play it until then, which I probably might.

Exactly what I was thinking. 
Don't know if they made all of the edits they should have done from the beginning, might wait 'til a Youtuber makes a video about it or something, for now I'll be playing FO4 and laughing at how bad The Frontier is.
The only good thing the Frontier did was... provide us with tons of memes.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds."
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 7:00 am

I miss New California already

Tapper

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 3:47 pm

The Frontier has had issues right from the start, but if you do decide to play the mod despite what the critics say, you may end up enjoying it. The NCR main quest has its fault everyone knows that but the main issue was because Devil'swish didn't let anyone change the main quest, tgspy had no control over that part of the mod. Even if they did want to rewrite/redo the NCR quest there was the risk that Devil'swish would pull the rug out from under them and take the assets he made with him, which would of hollowed out The Frontier.

To say that the lizard people are not lore friendly sounds like the words of TK Mantis. Other games in fallout have talking creatures and there was no foot fetish dialogue in the game, this game wasn't created by Quentin Tarantino. There was single line of dialogue about feet smelling like rotting fish, and everyone knows if you keep your feet in shoes for too long and let them sweat they will stink something horrible over time. If there was line after line about feet then I would agree that it was fetishy but in this case it isn't and the memes are blowing it all out of proportion.

I find it interesting that people all over the internet are losing their collective minds over The Frontier when FO3 allows you to enslave and sell children to slavers... not one but two...
Back to top Go down
CodenameHunk

CodenameHunk

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:46 pm

It seems that this whole scandal is a PR-action campaign. 8 years of development is really impressive.
I've played it. I don't like this idea about NCR exiles. It causes very big lore problems. I like OBSIDIAN Fallouts. 1,2,FNV. The third one is more or less fallout game.

I believe that such an event as the expulsion of the NСR general together with his loyal people is sheer nonsense. Despite the fact that the NСR is growing, it is still weak technologically. And just let such a general go with an entire army... Yes, and allow him to recruit in the Mojave... It looks strange, to say the least.This is poorly justified. In my opinion, developers had took the ideas of some mainstream games and tried to adapt it in FNV. I'm feeling Spec ops: the line and MGSV vibes here.(I will not mention Battlefield or COD series)

It's just my quibbling. I respect the exorbitant work of developers. Don't get me wrong.
Anyway, every fallout fan should play it. It has it own charm.
Back to top Go down
CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 7:36 pm

I've got such mixed feelings about the Frontier. On one hand, there is, in my opinion, a lot of good content in there. Side content that feels perfectly Fallout, and genuinely grabs my interest. But there's also so much bad. I'm torn on it. I think I'll finish it out, even if the NCR quest is borderline unbearable, and might give the Crusader's a swing (and just, avoid those parts of it) since they at least seemed interesting. But then idk if I'll ever touch it again. I'll leave it installed until I can get that dope ass Pip-Boy as standalone. But I don't think I'll ever visit Portland again after.

And god does that suck to say.

I was so excited for it (especially the Van Buren inspired parts, which turned out to be the absolute worst parts of it), and I feel so let down. Genuine bummer. This was sorta gonna be my send off to New Vegas, there aren't anymore big mods coming for it that I feel have any chance of finishing (bar maybe th3overseer's stuff which I'd want to see, and Molten Clouds but idk if that even counts), this sorta seems like it was meant to be the final chapter of the game's lifecycle.

And it's a goddamn mess. There's so much good stuff in there, I promise, but it's just tainted by all the bad to the point idk if it's even worth playing ever again.

Sucks.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 10:30 pm

What really astounds me is the audacity of them doing all of this. The sheer arrogance. I respect them immensely for doing free content for an entire community to enjoy, but I don't know how I feel about what I've seen from the attitudes of the team members, etc.

As I said previously, Zu deserved to have his content removed and kicked off the project. But I still can't help but think that he was the convenient scapegoat for the rest of them. From things I've heard, Zu would drop off his work and not really engage with the whole team as much. Nobody on the project except maybe the project lead knew what it looked like until it actually released. Zu wasn't as engaged with the rest of the team as many of the writers were.

I also don't like to jump to conclusions but the way they threw him under the bus implies that they weren't really friends with him. He was essentially a contractor to them. Odinsword and the other writers who decided to include rapey lizards, BDSM deathclaws, flirtatious underage Mae and stinky feet teenage girl America may have removed most content of which was questionable, but that was THEIR content. They used Zu's departure and controversy to provide a smokescreen for them to strip their questionable content from the mod, and that's just dishonest.

Tapper wrote:
he NCR main quest has its fault everyone knows that but the main issue was because Devil'swish didn't let anyone change the main quest, tgspy had no control over that part of the mod. Even if they did want to rewrite/redo the NCR quest there was the risk that Devil'swish would pull the rug out from under them and take the assets he made with him, which would of hollowed out The Frontier
Yet another example of the arrogance of the Frontier devs. As if Maybenexttime calling himself the "Disciple of Kojima" wasn't enough.

I hate being so negative, but Frontier devs should really learn that writing isn't an easy task. It's really fucking hard to get right. Even experienced storytellers and directors who write and shoot movies aren't successful all of the time. It's a stressful and tiring hobby, just one of the many reasons writers develop writer's block. So these amateur writers should be overjoyed when someone critiques their work, tells them what went wrong and how to fix it.

CodenameHunk wrote:
Spec ops: the line and MGSV vibes here
I love when people miss the point of Spec Ops: The Line.

The game's story was only so good because it was a criticism of how first person shooters like Call of Duty glorify the tragedies of war. So to have someone completely miss the point of that and try to replicate it in a style eerily reminiscent of Call of Duty with Hollywood-esque cutscenes and a bunch of player gratification is very dishonest.

Tapper wrote:
smelling like rotting fish, and everyone knows if you keep your feet in shoes for too long and let them sweat they will stink something horrible over time
It's a gross and pointless line. Nobody in real life would say such a thing, not only because it's pointless and gross, but also because people in real life want to avoid bad looks. It's like someone saying "Oh man would you look at me. My balls have been REAAAL sweaty, and they chafe against the side of my legs all the time when I'm walking long distances. Can't wait to get my underwear off and wash my cock. It probably smells like rotting fish." Does this sound like a good line to you?
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 12:18 am

Tapper wrote:
To say that the lizard people are not lore friendly sounds like the words of TK Mantis. Other games in fallout have talking creatures

Talking Deathclaws are canon, and there was a lore reason for them to be intelligent.

Lizard People have no lore whatsoever, no sense to exist. Their dialogue is fetished, everything about their very existence is about scalies. They add nothing to the story, to the world, except as fetished drugged scalies who only talk about sex with humans and that many humans find them attractive (which is a fetish in itself).

PS: SPec Ops. The line is a writing masterpiece.

sandtwister200

sandtwister200

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Black Mountain
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 5:22 am

Niar26 wrote:
Tapper wrote:
To say that the lizard people are not lore friendly sounds like the words of TK Mantis. Other games in fallout have talking creatures

Talking Deathclaws are canon, and there was a lore reason for them to be intelligent.

Lizard People have no lore whatsoever, no sense to exist.  Their dialogue is fetished, everything about their very existence is about scalies. They add nothing to the story, to the world, except as fetished drugged scalies who only talk about sex with humans and that many humans find them attractive (which is a fetish in itself).

PS: SPec Ops. The line is a writing masterpiece.

I believe after the backlash, they removed the lizard tribe and other fetishes in the mod. The only issue is that there is some dialogue that has been removed and most of the icons, there is a mod that restores the icons but I think now it will be worth playing. I have got to say that if they did not incorporate Devilswish who did not cooperate and would threaten to leave when asked, the mod would have been better, especially with the lore in the legion, enclave, and NCR. I did not like the flying aircraft carrier as that was not lore friendly. If this got another year, more strict management and background checks with drafts upon joining the entire project would have been of better quality. The world space was good and so were all the scripted features and frills.

Onehitmike

Onehitmike

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 6:23 am

I respect the work of the Devs, years of work was put into this and it's certainly more effort into creating something than I've ever done. On top of all the fetish stuff, it just seems like the overall writing was severely lacking. It's a bummer, but at least being excited for this mod spurred me to reinstall the game in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Tapper

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Heisenberg wrote:

As I said previously, Zu deserved to have his content removed and kicked off the project. But I still can't help but think that he was the convenient scapegoat for the rest of them. From things I've heard, Zu would drop off his work and not really engage with the whole team as much. Nobody on the project except maybe the project lead knew what it looked like until it actually released. Zu wasn't as engaged with the rest of the team as many of the writers were.

I also don't like to jump to conclusions but the way they threw him under the bus implies that they weren't really friends with him. He was essentially a contractor to them. Odinsword and the other writers who decided to include rapey lizards, BDSM deathclaws, flirtatious underage Mae and stinky feet teenage girl America may have removed most content of which was questionable, but that was THEIR content. They used Zu's departure and controversy to provide a smokescreen for them to strip their questionable content from the mod, and that's just dishonest.

I have been following this drama about Zu on Twitter and multiple people are on YouTube saying that Zu is innocent when it comes to adding lewd and fetishy stuff in The Frontier. Someone spoke to Zu on discord and he says he didn't do anything NSFW with the mod. Someone also pointed out on YouTube that Zu's Nexus profile is SFW and clean across all the games he has made mods for... Zu has also been making MLP FIM porn for a long time, 2014 or earlier, and there is now confirmation that one Dev was aware of it, so the developers are lying here about his role in the mod and indeed are scapegoating him to draw criticism away from themselves.

Tapper wrote:
smelling like rotting fish, and everyone knows if you keep your feet in shoes for too long and let them sweat they will stink something horrible over time
Heisenberg wrote:
It's a gross and pointless line. Nobody in real life would say such a thing, not only because it's pointless and gross, but also because people in real life want to avoid bad looks. It's like someone saying "Oh man would you look at me. My balls have been REAAAL sweaty, and they chafe against the side of my legs all the time when I'm walking long distances. Can't wait to get my underwear off and wash my cock. It probably smells like rotting fish." Does this sound like a good line to you?

You yourself are creating a line that is blown out of proportion, we are not talking about genitals we are talking about one line about feet nothing else. I think it was an attempt at humor, but this is 2021 not 2008 and humor is now dead otherwise the MC would of been allowed to sell children to slavers in The Frontier and the community wouldn't care just like they didn't for Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 pm

The one that did the the Lizard fetish is Nazo, the very same that kept calling the enclave "trump supporters". Zu is a scapegoat, yes.

Seriously though, i will only save 2-3 devs from the Frontier project. The ones that did all the technical aspects. Xilandro and the others.

Rest are "My Immortal" people.

Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 2:49 am

I believe rikku was the one who designed the lizards, unless you mean the deathclaw
BTW, he has a "vore mod" on his page, along with another mod where you get to fuck a deathclaw. A real group of sick puppies, those people. Even Xilandro, despite doing some impressive work, is melting down on twitter and discord like an underage child(the kind you the devs like to see enslaved, it seems)
The only bright side to this mess is having all these assets that will be free to modify(weapons, armor, worlspace ect.)
The vehicles are already being ported over to vanilla new vegas as well. It's also nice seeing enclave gets some love from the masses

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am

How precious of them to start a "LowSodiumFrontier" subreddit in lieu of just starting another Frontier subreddit like a normal person. Are they trying to get everyone to hate them?

The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Tg

And just for the record, the whole LowTierCyberpunk shit was total intolerable dogshit as well. "Oh let's make a new subreddit just to tease the haters while my wallet is being used as a glove by my corporate overlords". Do these people have NO fucking standards and just love being bootlickers for modders and CEOs?

The whole fact that this mod team has been brought to the eve of destruction by the community and their own shitty decisions, only to come back and antagonize the community once again is brave, but also just another example of their insanity.
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 9:16 am

Heisenberg wrote:
How precious of them to start a "LowSodiumFrontier" subreddit in lieu of just starting another Frontier subreddit like a normal person. Are they trying to get everyone to hate them?

The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Tg

And just for the record, the whole LowTierCyberpunk shit was total intolerable dogshit as well. "Oh let's make a new subreddit just to tease the haters while my wallet is being used as a glove by my corporate overlords". Do these people have NO fucking standards and just love being bootlickers for modders and CEOs?

The whole fact that this mod team has been brought to the eve of destruction by the community and their own shitty decisions, only to come back and antagonize the community once again is brave, but also just another example of their insanity.

This is some of the most pathetic shit I have seen in a while. No wonder 4chan is picking on them
Hunt Down The Freeman is looking like a respectable production compared to the frontier. At least there were no fetishes in that game

samwam26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 11:56 pm

All the pedophilic and fetishist crap aside, my biggest pet peeve would have to be the fact that Rancor is OBVIOUSLY a legion spy, I mean look at his name. And yet, when you tell Blackthorne that you think he's a legion spy, he'll aggressively deny that he's the spy, then go on to explain that Rancor's leading the investigation into who really is the spy.
Back to top Go down
XannahDeuX

XannahDeuX

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 1:16 am

I'm still green, here (Salute) but an old hand on Nexus and authoring for FO, in general..
That said, this dumpster-fire was a steaming disappointment for me, mostly because it generally hyped up my expectations, and insulted my intelligence completely instead.. (Quite a feat, in the FA universe)
I mean just asininely disregarding both the TRUE heart of the lore and simple, sane community standards..
I'm no 'Karen' 2-shoes, (bring the chaos!) Machine Gunner but this really feels like one huge joke... fortunately, they aimed it at themselves, in the end... Lol.
I'm so tired of toxic elements in community, that's why I'm here.. but Project Frontier-Failure has taught me a few lessons, before I agree to collaborate, in the future.. if ever. Hopefully, I'm sure I'm not the only one The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 3299
Back to top Go down
54yeggan

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 am

Keeping it 100% real here, some of the dev team were kind of bullying, dickish people even before the whole Frontier/New California biz. I'm glad I told them to go shove it and fucked off from their echo chamber.

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Other than the fact that the mod itself is complete trash, the devs passionately, enthusiastically, dedicated themselves to digging their own graves.

"Enclave boys are Trump supporters"

"Gamers should be gassed"

"Why would I want to join a racist fascist paramilitary organization that's objectively bad" Meanwhile "Oh sexually enslaving an underage girl? That seems just like what the mod needs!"

And the list goes on.

The good new is that the aftermath has been really amusing. However I did saw that Dragbody was accused of being a nazi due to sharing his name with the leader of the Alt Right. Which is unfortunate, it couldn't have been pleasant.
Back to top Go down
klaatu27

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 pm

I am enjoying the mod, it is true that I barely read the dialogue.. always skip ... basically because it is tedious to translate into my language mentally and well if I was looking for a more imnerive experience I would do it but I am only looking for gameplay with my  character..and about trump and enclave , I think you can be a supporter or hater of trump, don't be offended by the enclave afiliation , I mean, it's just a mod.. 

About the legion and other strange things .....I havent seen anything of this..
but well I only played with rnc but come on guys, the story looks very lineal.. and I guess those weird things will be very few..
At the moment and so far the only stupid thing I have seen is 
you have an accident and they recover your body, but only yours ...then send you to recover the other remaining bodies... i mean couldn't they pick up all the bodies the first time?

I mean, probably if I start analyzing dialogue I will see what you say, but still I think it's a mod that can give you a few hours of play even if you don't read any dialogue. I also think it has much more serious problems than the stories .. Like terrible performance, constant crashes, etc.

Last edited by klaatu27 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Frontier is an Insult

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next