Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money vault Overhaul Ryse gauss body hunk NPCs khan daryl machine Call Reforged boom Superpele boomers ghoul commonwealth marvel Gear power dead mandalorian riot wolfenstein Mask
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 11:21 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Frontier is an Insult

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
noswald95

noswald95

The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am

Haven't tried it yet, this thread does not seem encouraging.

How's the outfits and weapons though cosmetic wise? nice enough for kitbashes?
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:28 am

noswald95 wrote:
How's the outfits and weapons though cosmetic wise? nice enough for kitbashes?

Cosmetics are the best part.

Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

The frontier mod had so much potential. I had a pretty good time playing it, exploring the new area, finding quests where I didn't think were there, and a reason to play more FNV.

The glaring problem though for, was the bugs I had to deal with. Even some bugs I've had since I started still have not been resolved. I still have bugs causing issues with my playthrough after i've been done with the frontier.

The crazy sex fetish was definitely weird. Same time, kind of enjoyable. i didn't partake in any of the weird sex stuff but, that definitely hits some peoples groove.

What doesn't make sense though, is they were completely okay with going all BSDM/Beastiality but, couldn't give different playthroughs? (AKA Enclave) The amount of political agenda that got shoved into this and possibly ruined the full potential of what this thing could do.

If this mod didn't have bugs or crashes/issues, it would get a higher rating for me but, since those are still currently stopping me from trying another playthrough through portland.

It was fun but, disappointing, 5/10.

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 pm

For all the TANGIBLE downsides The Frontier actually has, I keep hearing the same criticisms being mimed again and again (seriously, side quest content should not be the criticisms people keep harping about).

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Red Queen Amaryllis
Faction: Shadow Inquisition
Level: Immortal

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:52 pm

Here we go. There's the balanced side of the argument I was waiting for, and so here's my second take, on a more clear perspective as to why I question whether or not I will play the Frontier. So the already raised highlights in question are only a swing at the mod's cosmetics and art.

The lizard fetish thing and the breeding humans part, I can't say I'm a fan of this, even though it's what really turned off people over this. As I have already modded in a reptile-like race in Fallout New Vegas, proof of this is seen in my avatar and my screenshots, but unlike the lizard people in this mod, you won't very likely find any of "my" lizard people doing any of that.

Also, the Enclave being the typical Trump army, or so you phrase it. I'm definitely NOT a fan of Trump and his policies IRL, for I strongly oppose his actions that lead to wars overseas and whatnot, but then again, that's going a bit taboo over the political realm, which such conversations is considerably and somewhat heavily policed in most aspects of discussions here on GUN. Not to add more insult to injury, nor attract the attention of the hornet's nest, but isn't all this Trump and MAGA stuff something the NCR would most likely promote? I mean yeah, sure. The Enclave looks like a highly advanced enemy for a faction, and the option of even considering to join it doesn't really come to mind, as they are somewhat the direct rivalry of the Brotherhood of Steel, which is another thing in particular to which I question. But comparing the Enclave to the nazi faction in Wolfenstein the New Collosus and whatnot, isn't a bad take in my opinion, as I can potentially see the Enclave with enough sufficient resources and technology to do this. Maybe in a way, both the NCR and the Enclave have the same motives in mind, such as the resurrection of the Old Guard, thinking they are unstoppable and they can win, etc., until one such as myself ends up whipping their asses big time in the very end.

Also, the possibility of female Legion troops doesn't seem very much like Caesar ingame would want. The NCR were called proliferates for a reason, or whatever the word is. As the NCR, the BoS, Enclave and other factions, mine included, may shamelessly have women serving in their military branches, Caesar's Legion is the only faction I know of in Fallout that doesn't do this. That's how the Legion was able to maintain influence, because the more slave wives they have, the faster they can breed more soldiers. Nothing out of the realm of possibility knowing the strategies of Caesar.

Now here are my possible turnoffs and/or vibes as to why I remain unconvinced as to why I should play the Frontier or not. My main concern is the bugs. How will it function? How often will I crash and need to save? So I'm taking a slow approach to new releases like this, so it saves me from disappointment and outrage.

**Screenshot story-arcs on hiatus until further notice**
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Some deeply concerning news has emerged in the past few hours. We have been recently notified that one of our developers, ZuTheSkunk, had posted animated pedophillic content on their personal artist accounts. The items in question are deeply disturbing to the entire team, and we condemn them in the strongest sense. ZuTheSkunk has since been removed from the Development Team and banned off of our Community Discord. We will be conducting dialogue with members of the development team to hear their thoughts regarding the current situation and help make our decision more informed. We have stopped production and work on the mod to address the current events properly. More measures will be undertaken and a more detailed address will be posted soon. -macintoll

Posted on their nexus web page not too long ago. Mod was hidden and who knows how long.

BARRELSere

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Dont bother.
Its a waste of time. Filled with their own politics, calling enclave fans trump supporters?
Terrible dialogue, COD missions, Aircraft form the Avengers, weird fetishes and that thing with the ZuTheSkun thing.
Boi.... that was bad.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:40 pm

It's a free mod, but I understand some of the outrage. When you advertise content to someone, it's an indirect promise from creator to consumer. And while many of those promises were met, there's still a breadth of promises which weren't.

It's clear that the creators who worked on the more technical aspect of the mod did their job astonishingly well. While I have some criticism of the tacticool look of some of the armors, many of them are very well done and that's clearly visible. The technical aspects, such as the new driving mechanics and flying mechanics are brilliant. They're features we've never seen before in this game and can provide the framework for so many other mods to come.

Where the mod drops in quality is in the writing, gameplay and quest design. Taking the player out of the experience by plunging them into the perspective of another character was impressive from a technical angle, but it's just not what made Fallout, especially New Vegas so beloved. The core at the design of an RPG is seeing things through your character's perspective. While RPGs have toyed around with the idea of flashbacks more recently (Witcher 3 and Ciri comes to mind), it is only able to be pulled off well if the player actually cares about the character they're playing, otherwise it just seems uninteresting for the player. They would much prefer to be playing their own character who they've invested hours into rather than a fresh new character that was only recently introduced in the past few minutes.

Every Bethesda game is at it's core, an experience. Whether that experience is executed well or not is up to you, but you can't deny that from start to finish, the player is never ripped from their viewpoint to highlight unnecessary exposition. The exposition in Bethesda games exists in notes, environmental storytelling and dialogue. And arguably, this is what New Vegas does best, hence why it is widely considered to be the best Fallout game in recent memory. That is why The Frontier's gameplay feels dissatisfying when compared with the base game. It's not an experience, it's a narrative that feels forced and extracts the player from their immersion when it so desires and that is a fundamental flaw in the heart of it's composition.

And about the lizards, I think there was an attempt to rekindle the bizarre wackiness of Fallout 2. I just don't think this works in the Bethesda-style Fallout games because the classic games had a drastically different design ethos. In addition to that, the references in Fallout 2 were throwbacks to pop culture and entertainment. They weren't anything as surprising and bizarre as a species of lizard people who use humans as breeders. Easter eggs in the Fallout games are almost always instantly recognizable if you knew where it came from, or passable if you weren't in on the joke. This offers seamless gameplay that doesn't overwhelm the player with outside information that they didn't need to know or be aware of to understand the universe. Instead, the species of lizard people just seem to merely exist as though they were pulled out of thin air and placed into the game. They serve no purpose other than absurdity. In other words, they aren't humorous and they aren't witty commentary on pop culture. They exist to exist.

Much can be said similarly about the option of having sex with the deathclaw. It's not at all immersive and it feels forced. The taboo nature of it only reinforces the fact. While vanilla New Vegas had the option to have the Courier have sex with Fisto the robot and Fallout 2 had the possibility of having your character get raped by Francis the super mutant and Myron, these possibilities existed as a very hidden part of the game that was exclusive to one interaction that only ever happened if the player decided for it to happen from the very start via explicit trees of dialogue and specific stats. They wouldn't walk into an interaction like that if they didn't want to see it. To further elaborate, super mutants within Fallout have always had both human and animal characteristics. This makes sex with a super mutant hilarious, but doesn't break the suspension of disbelief neither does it make the player feel ashamed. The cliche of a sex robot is also somewhat acceptable to audiences today as the trope exists in almost every sci-fi universe ever. Deathclaws have never had human characteristics unlike super mutants. Animal sex/bestiality is still a massive taboo to modern audiences and deathclaws are animals, just under the parameters of a post-apocalyptic world with arm computers and giant mutated bugs.

One thing I wanted to touch on was the Enclave. I've listened to parts from the stream where the devs essentially say that the Enclave are fascists and that they wouldn't be doing an Enclave questline for this reason. From what it seems however, saying this just seemed to be a lapse in judgment. Tgspy has stated that the reason there is no Enclave is due to a lack of people to work on it or something along those lines. Don't quote me, but I remember hearing something like that in the dev stream.

An Enclave questline should have definitely been included had they had the resources, manpower and time to get it done. The Enclave not existing as an option in this mod merely based off the fact that they're genocidal nazi-esque brutes doesn't make sense given that the Legion have a questline and are arguably much worse. People love the Enclave for the same reason people love the Joker, they represent opposition to conformity and pride in a belief that isn't held by the majority of people. Even the most undoubtedly evil or morally bankrupt antagonists have qualities that can be related to by many people, and to shrug this all off because of contemporary politics is just wasteful.
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 7:42 pm

The truth is.. The Frontier was doomed from the start.

Mod hidden. Pedos in the devs team. Pedo stuff hidden inside the game files. America is listed in the game fiels as "Minor" and "Teen".

I knew the mod was going to implode. Their discord is a clusterfuck.

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:01 pm

Niar26 wrote:
The truth is.. The Frontier was doomed from the start.

Mod hidden. Pedos in the devs team. Pedo stuff hidden inside the game files. America is listed in the game fiels as "Minor" and "Teen".

I knew the mod was going to implode. Their discord is a clusterfuck.
Pedo stuff hidden in the game files? What? That's crazy. Good thing I uninstalled already.

It sucks because I know that there's certain modders on this project like drag, tgspy, macintroll, etc that all poured their hearts into this mod only for it to self-implode before their very eyes. It's sad that their hard work has been sacrificed.

What's even more insane to me is that these modders who cared about this project indirectly helped this pedo's fantasy become a reality. A naive 18 year old girl being enslaved and deathclaw/lizard sex is something nobody could have imagined.
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
A naive 18 year old girl being enslaved and deathclaw/lizard sex is something nobody could have imagined.

Except that she's not even 18, atleast not in the original "lore" of their own mod. She was supposed to be a minor.

A lot of great modders, especially the ones that worked on all the technical marvels of the mod, sadly were part of that shit bag of Development Hell that became the Frontier.

Also, I'm having a personal hatred towards Xilandro now. He tried to have me banned off the nexus site. Because i said to remove the lore-friendly tag off their page.

LOL.

PS: I just made a meme to troll them on Nexus, go check it out. Let's hope i don't get banned lol.
LET'S MAKE THE ENCLAVE GREAT AGAIN

roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:39 am

In light of recent events, it seems there were also many development issues stemming back many years that nobody outside the team knew about. I honestly never expected things to go that route either.
Back to top Go down
54yeggan

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 am

They really put in all those years of effort and you're just gonna spit on it like it's dirt =_=
Wow, you people's shame stretches so far that it has no bounds... No further words

c4in

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 am

What a week. I followed the shitshow yesterday on discord and it was nasty.

The Frontier might be abandoned after Steam release, such a shame. I feel sorry for people who wholeheartedly worked on the project.

I think The Frontier was a way too overhyped and people expected too much for a FAN project.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:01 am

No. THe mod was ruined by redditors and twitter writers making a mod that is a TECHNICAL MARVEL into their own sex-fetished dystopia.

Pedo, Furry FanFic (i have no problems with furry in general, but leave the fetishes outside of a mod, especially one like this), bestiality, IRL politics-biased winging showed down our throats, and the unoriginal and copied stories.

And they even had the courage to call it LORE-FRIENDLY.

Long live the Enclave.

c4in

c4in

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:42 am

And now the mod is even more ruined by the whole "Sneedclave" thing which is as much as ridiculous than over sexualizing content in The Frontier.

Not to mention elsewhere (censored word lol) / 4chan raiders, self-entitled kids on discord and all over the Internet. Developers does not owe us a thing, no matter how good or shitty the mod is.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 pm

I still have no idea how that term came to be tbh, can anyone explain it to me?

I'm just for the Enclave, and since i got labelled as a fascist, racist white suprematist just because i would have loved an Enclave perspective (Since, let's be honest: THEY ARE Far more interesting than the other factions combined.). Though i dont really get what sneed means or what is represents.

Not to mention, i got banned on their discord the day before the raid took place, just because i wrote in general chat "Let's Make the Enclave Great Again". In the ban logs (A friend of mine still in the discord provived me with a screenshot), i have been banned for "Antisemitism\Racism" for that phrase.

Just lol.

Also. I recieved a ban warning on Nexus this morning because i made a meme and posted it on the images tab.

This was the picture i posted.
Image:

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 pm

I can definitely understand the argument that this a free mod and the developers don't owe us a thing, but if that's the case then this mod is deliberately misleading and even if anything isn't owed, it's disingenuous.

This was a mod for a Fallout game. It was promised to be an expansion to New Vegas. The trailers and promotional material showed no signs of what this mod became. Everyone was expecting New Vegas with snow and probably a dash of Metro.

New California? That mod had problems, big ones, but they weren't as bizarre as this.

And don't get me wrong. As I've stated previously, the costume design, the landscape, the technical aspects, all terrific. It's clear that those that worked behind these aspects of the mod worked very hard.

The writers and some of the quest designers? There was clearly something wrong there. It takes five seconds to come to the conclusion that including the word "edgy" in a line from a video game which takes place in an alternate reality where the 1950s style never got outdated, is problematic considering that the word has only seen popular coinage in the past decade on the Internet. In the Fallout universe, it's existence as a neologism would either be non-existent or it's meaning would have went through some form of semantical change.

The lizard/deathclaw bestiality sex that the mod tries shoving down your throat? A blatant disrespect for the universe which it exists within. It exists only because some furry deviantart/tumblr user on the team wanted it to be there, probably Phobos.

To add insult to injury, Phobos was calling for hatred for the mod and it's team by shutting down those who wanted an Enclave questline. Tgspy was saying that joining the Enclave was just a "fascist power fantasy". How could they not have expected this outcome? The Enclave are one of the most beloved factions in the entire franchise. They pretty much are the mascot of it. If they just said "we don't have the resources or the people to do this questline" it would've been perfectly acceptable. Instead they wanted to antagonize an entire community of people, and while I don't agree with the steps these "sneedclavers" are taking to boycott the mod, it was a clear instance of bad PR.

The Discord raiding was just pathetic though, especially considering that Phobos said he was going to make an Enclave questline just for those who felt left out. I doubt he was going to do it anyway, but that was a clear declaration of victory for all those who spammed their discord wanting an Enclave questline.

And lastly, the pedo stuff is buried so deep within the mod that, in spite of everything, that's the true tragedy of this. Not the lizard sex, not the human breeders, not the deathclaw sex, the writing surrounding America's character is what truly makes this project unsalvageable.

You could put the furry sex stuff up to one weirdo dev and carry on with your day, make a mod that removes it entirely. I didn't like the pink hair from NC, but I could ignore it. I could've ignored it this time too with the lizards.

The girl, her presence in the mod, the things you can do to her, the ending slideshows and the way they are narrated and written? That was already an uncomfortably written neckbeard fantasy, but now given recent news, it's an uncomfortably written neckbeard pedophile fantasy, which is absolutely disgusting whether it's a free mod or not.
Back to top Go down
GenJohnWilliam

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 pm

this whole thing has just been one hell of a ride. couldn't be more funny.
Back to top Go down
chrocsichrocs

chrocsichrocs

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Well. I just fought some demon soldiers in a tower. I was rude at a funeral (the Npc's comment on this which is really cool). There's some real fun to be had in this mod for sure.
There's no point going on a crusade against a fan mod, it being as weird as it may be.
I haven't gotten to the part that was the reason the mod was hidden on the nexus, and it kind of scares me, because for all of the edginess this mod has, it's also a blast to explore this new world and for what I am reading here it will destroy the whole experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier is an Insult   The Frontier is an Insult - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Frontier is an Insult

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next