Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk daryl boomers marvel Superpele wolfenstein dead power riot ghoul Ryse money Overhaul khan Call gauss vault body boom Gear mandalorian commonwealth machine NPCs Mask Reforged
Latest topics
» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Today at 1:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm

» Starfield
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The worst Fallout DLC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am

@Heisenberg You know, the first time I played Honest Hearts, I could've say it was the worst, maybe a tie with OWB. I didn't like the tribal theme at all, I found Zion to be so tedious to navigate, and most of all, I didn't find a reason to care about what was going on there, because the rewards are trash. But every time I play it, I actually enjoy it a little more and now I actually like it.

What is it about Mothership Zeta that you dislike so much? Because I mostly just found it underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 am

@gavin gold Where to start, really? Mothership Zeta is just such a piss poor attempt at DLC that it's a struggle for me to even play through it more than once or twice.

The element I despise most about it is how it sort of screws with the lore in monumentally absurd ways. If I remember correctly, MZ effectively implies that the Great War was started by aliens. Aliens! Haha. No, I'm serious.

It just ruins all suspension of disbelief. It's full of awkward cliches and alien references and it feels like it should've been cut from being DLC in the first place. There's characters you can revive from the cryopods, who seem like they could've been written only slightly better to be actually interesting characters. But no. They're just boring shells of characters that will likely end up becoming goo anyway, either by the aliens or by me having enough of their shit.

It also sort of ruins the Lone Wanderer's story. They don't end up walking off into the sunset or helping the Brotherhood of Steel grow. Instead they just sit in their new comfy UFO with a bunch of nobodies for the rest of their life. No cool epilogue like the Courier, no becoming king of raiders like the Sole Survivor, they just literally end watching Earth from afar.

Every area of the DLC is the same. Just monotonous copy/pasted hallways of absolute agony. There's no interesting map design, no fascinating lore. It's just one of those DLCs you do for the sake of doing it. It's filler.
Back to top Go down
DrCube

DrCube

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 4:28 am

Old World Blues is the best Fallout DLC. Fallout is not 100% serious. It has a few humorous, wacky slant to it despite the grim wasteland it's set in. You should always play with the Wild Wasteland trait enabled. Old World Blues is better than the entirety of Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 7:10 am

@DrCube First of all, other than the fact that Wild Wasteland makes the YCS/186 (which is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game, certainly the best rifle) unavailable, having like a couple dozen sci-fi and pop culture references, most of which I don't even recognize and need to look up on the wiki, doesn't make the game any better.

"Oh look! Dogs playing poker! A skeleton inside a fridge! Grenades with white crosses on them! An obscure reference to an 80's sci-fi film that no one ever watches anymore! This is HILARIOUS. Best. Game. Ever." - is something nobody has ever said (and if someone actually did, that person is a moron).

Let's say you disagree and that's actually funny to you. Fair enough. The game isn't a comedy or even a tragicomedy. It has jokes, of course, a little more of them if you pick Wild Wasteland, but these are sparse and designed to break tension in an otherwise very grim setting.

FNV is a story of war, poverty, slavery, torture, child abuse, and the dehumanization of entire groups of people. And in the middle of that, there are still moments when the funnier side of life still manages to shine.

Fallout 4, in terms of gameplay is the best of the franchise. In terms of story it's OK; I've seen similar premises before, and there are some glaring plot holes, but overall it works. OWB is pure, never ending ridiculousness thrown in your face. There's no real story, nothing going on there, nothing to care about, and even if there was there's not even a moment to pause and appreciate it. The scientists aren't characters, they're jokes. it's just one massive, over the top, unfunny joke, like an Adam Sandler movie. There's no comparing FO4 to OWB. OWB is trash.
Back to top Go down
sigmaceti

sigmaceti

Character sheet
Name: Shepard
Faction: Lone Wanderer
Level: Unimportant

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am

excluding F4 workshop DLC as I imagine anyone who plays F4 think that those are not DLC but more like patch or mod or something, I think that F4 automatron DLC is worst DLC ever, it is boring and long for reason that it knows not. F3 had a operation anchorage that did not have satisfying ending for me but at same time it is better then a Automatron

Bafonet

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Worst Fallout DLC is Fallout 4 and after.
Change my mind (You can't coz truth can't be changed ; ) ).
Back to top Go down
Kaleidus

Kaleidus

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Point Lookout, it was wasted, introduce a new faction the gunruners, swamp folk, lovecraft quest and the location feels empty, boring, even the main quest is just two npc trying to see who is more capable of kill the other, thats why always i kill both at the end.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 7:57 pm

I think using any of the settlement DLC's might be a bit of a cop out so I'm going to say Nuka World. I didn't like Fallout 4's DLCs that much and Nuka World was quite forgettable to me. I know a lot of people wanted to be a bad person in some of their playthroughs, which this DLC provided, but it just felt flat to me.

Some previous DLCs like Honest Hearts or Mothership Zeta might be worse gameplay wise but to me they were more memorable.

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 3:01 am

Wasteland Workshop hands down. The rest from Fallout 3 are quite memorable even for those with pointless plots or gameplay wise.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Kaleidus

Kaleidus

PostSubject: "You are not alone °_°7"   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 pm

gavin gold wrote:
Nobody likes Mothership Zeta is what I'm getting...
Back to top Go down
Brigandine_1

Brigandine_1

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 10:24 am

In my opinion, in the years the fallout series released good dlc and bad ones. Being a fan of the serie, i remember enjoying every one of them more on less ( i steel remember years ago when without internet connection i buyed fallout 3 dlc in the boxed version XD)
But if i must choose the worst fallout dlc ever, for me is Nuka World. Especially because it comes out after far harbor, a dlc that give me old school fallout vibes ( with skill check and morally grey decision!)
Every time i played nuka world, i see a wasted opportunity: give the player only one choice, being bad, with a good alternative feeling more like burning away all the content of the dlc, leaving a empty space with some side quest and place to explore. In this case using mod for fixing nuka world is almost mandatory. But still, a wasted opportunity.
Back to top Go down
paczkins069

paczkins069

Character sheet
Name: Jacob
Faction: NCR
Level: 43

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 3:02 pm

I love fallout series but i didnt like one dlc. Dead Money. i dont like it because its little map and this collar ......ugh.....
Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 12:02 pm

paczkins069 wrote:
I love fallout series but i didnt like one dlc. Dead Money. i dont like it because its little map and this collar ......ugh.....

Damn, you dislike the best dlc The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 1f60b
Back to top Go down
Henny_B!

Henny_B!

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 9:41 pm

for me, it's these goddamn workshop addons for 4
Back to top Go down
MalpaisLanius

MalpaisLanius

Character sheet
Name: Belka/Malp
Faction: Unafilliated
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 am

Can I just ask, how the hell are people saying that MZ is short? i find it takes me two or three fucking days because i hate navigating the interior of the fucking spaceships. Now, while I do like stuff like the weapons, armors, and consumables, i cannot stand the interior of those ships, the best parts of that DLC, in my opinion, are the death laser (that does shit all I know but looks cool), the spacewalk, and the ending of it, just being able to go home.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm

The FO4 workshop add-ons. It just adds stuff that I will eventually forget. Bethesda could have added the workshop stuff for free to be honest.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
ndnuzik

ndnuzik

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Other than the FO4 workshop dlcs and FO3 Mothership Zelta for obvious reasons, personally I'm also not a fan of FNV Old World Blues. There is something about OWB that make me feel unbreathable, gotta be the dome.

ChickenHammer

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 2:31 am

For me, I'd say each of the games has one "worst".

Although I didn't dislike any of the FO3 DLC, I found Operation Anchorage to be really weak for what it could have been.
Honest Hearts was disappointing for New Vegas, even though Joshua Graham was pretty awesome.

I'd say the one with the most disappointing DLC is Fallout 4 though. With a lot of mods it becomes infinitely more playable, but the DLCs are pretty much all missed opportunities, whether the workshop packs or actual DLCs. The actual story DLCs disappointed in both storytelling and interesting locations (the same could be said of the main game, but that's another topic entirely).

Take Nuka World, I know it would be a bit of a retread of New Vegas, but entering the dam would have been fun. They also could have come up with all manner of new weirdness to uncover but most were instead just gimmick locations and another Enclave conspiracy. Kiddie Kingdom and the Animal Safari or whatever it was called were fun, but the rest of the locations in it were just dull to me. Plus the lack of settlements and lack of good choices beyond "Kill all raiders, that's all).

Though the return of the Hubologists was okay I suppose.
Back to top Go down
cetac3t4

cetac3t4

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 9:46 am

I absolutely hate Operation Anchorage, it was such a slog to get through.

Hated Old World Blues and Dead Money when I was younger but grew to love them over time.

Fallout 4's Automatron Dlc was cool but the quests were repetitive. Ending was cool, especially when wearing a certain costume when talking to the boss and getting the dialogue options. PowerArmor
Back to top Go down
Fables2003

Fables2003

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 10:46 pm

Honestly was not a big fan of Automatron from Fallout 4.

The characters in the quest are all really annoying to me, and the storyline is super predictable. I understand that Bethesda wanted to make their first DLC just a "taste" of what was to come but honestly as a first impression it sucked. There were no new areas in the game, and if they are new they're just revamped with robot enemies or new raiders. The robot building is... okay... it's more shallow than anything, and super buggy. On my most recent playthrough I had to go through the final dungeon with ADA crawling because her legs were broken and my repair kits weren't working. The DLC basically boils down to; go here, kill robot, loot robot, install robot part, rinse and repeat. At least Far Harbor and Nuka World had SOMETHING genuinely new to bring to the table. Albeit shallow or repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst Fallout DLC   The worst Fallout DLC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The worst Fallout DLC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next