Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine money khan vault daryl Call body wolfenstein marvel Ryse mandalorian boomers boom NPCs dead Mask Gear Superpele gauss commonwealth power Overhaul ghoul Reforged riot hunk
Latest topics
» Hey guys!!!
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Yesterday at 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Are you going to buy Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
waldus

waldus

Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

I would probably buy it eventually, in the likely misplaced hope that Bethesda has learned lessons from the clusterfuck that is 76. I just hope they move away from the east coast, why not use texas or the northwest; im so very tired of the east coast.
Back to top Go down
Drutar

Drutar

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 4:54 am

Depends, I want to see how Starfield turns out, or the Elder Scrolls 6. I don't want to blindly hate on Bethesda. If their new games show some improvements, I might look forward to Fallout 5.
If I had to decide right now though, based on Fallout 4 and 76, I probably wouldn't buy it.

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Time will tell. Bethesda have alot to make up for. Like Drutar has said above it will largely depend on the track record with the next few releases
Back to top Go down
NaturalMineralWater

NaturalMineralWater

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Depends if they update to a new engine. FO4 worked alright in the modern setting of games back when it came out but in this day in age; I think the majority of people want to see a crisp new engine. Similar to DUNIA probably.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eKuVtRej5XLCMlyuDiJkQ
Kofuku20

Kofuku20

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 3:12 pm

When comes down to it, it's either you give the game a chance or wait another decade or so for the next entry in the franchise. The game is a long long way away. We're on the verge of next-gen, I think it's safe to say by the time preliminary development starts on the Fallout 5, Bethesda will have introduced a new engine.
Back to top Go down
Vulto

Vulto

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 pm

Do you know what is true? even if they don't change the engine, there will be people buying. Me for example. Fallout Frail has many defects, but to date I have never seen anything like its atmosphere.

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 8:52 pm

Honestly...yes. I'm going to. I'll admit straight up that when FO76 first released it was a huge mess. And it deserved the backlash it got. However...I feel the point of FO76 is, well, it was a cash grab. It doesn't make what they did right, but that's why I feel there wasn't much effort put into it in the beginning. I don't think they'd make the same mistake with an actual title in the series.

However I do hope it's a bit improved from FO4. Most of FO4 is good. I'd argue the gunplay is better than the previous games, it is fun to explore the world(Even if Boston lags like crazy) and the graphics while not as good as most games in 2015 it still is better looking that previous titles. Not to mention it does have it's share of secrets and world building that I liked. However the RPG element and story was, well, lack luster. RPG basically is non-existent and the story isn't all too interesting especially since each ending is basically the same.

I won't say the story is terrible since the idea has merit and CAN work. But it feels like the mystery wears off pretty soon when they start talking about the institute and at times it feels like going from point A to point B instead of having alternative pathways in the story, if that makes sense. Plus like I said. Despite what faction you choose the ending is basically the same.

Ironically the RPG elements were done so much better in FO76. With the new Wastelanders update. They actually brought back a similar dialogue system like they had in FO3/NV. And all the SPECIAL can actually help you in conversations unlike FO4 where all you need is just high charisma.

Anyway. To end this ramble. Yes, I do plan on buying FO5 when it comes out eventually(Probably in like 10 years or so), but I hope the dialogue, story, and RPG elements are fixed and maybe done similarly to FO76/FO3. Heck I'd be fine with going back to a silent protagonist, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Red Queen Amaryllis
Faction: Shadow Inquisition
Level: Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:39 am

Ehahahahaaaah,,, naw. For me? Ehhhhh, not really. No...

Well it just depends on post-patch-days and what operating system it works best for. If the game's specs force me to update to Windows 10, forget it. I'm sticking with 7 no matter if it's unsupported or not.

As in terms of modding detail? I haven't really gotten comfortable with understanding papyrus just yet, and I don't know if I ever will at this point. I still mod for Skyrim, but not on public sharing, as I am only good at armor and weapons portings, even if I have some basic experience of that, the game hasn't been stable-friendly, because it crashes or runs outta memory every 10 mins or so.

If there are community made optimizers for Skyrim like there was a tweaking guide for TTW, I'm all for it. Otherwise, if I don't mess about with papyrus in Skyrim, I really don't see how I'm able to mod for Fallout 4. But if I ever do mod for Fallout 4, it will most likely be the same kind of work from Skyrim, but that's literally it.

I'm still skeptical about any future releases from Bethesda. I have my reasons to be extremely critical and skeptical about Bethesda's future works, and I really don't know how the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout game will turn out to be. Will there be some improvements? Or will it just be the work of another inexperienced team of devs and engineers, in a rush finish for another cash grab? We'll see... Time will tell...

**Screenshot story-arcs on hiatus until further notice**
Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 5:08 pm

For me, I think it depends on how well Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI are whenever they both launch. Bethesda needs to look at how badly they fucked up with Fallout 76 and also need to seriously update their engine.

However, I do think that future games aren't going to be viewed in the same light as games like Fallout 3, Skyrim and Oblivion were, becuase companies like CDProjekt Red surpassed them in terms of quality by raising the bar for what we can expect from an RPG with Witcher 3 and are posied to do it again with Cyberpunk 2077.

If you ask me, Fallout 4's faults were that A. It's direction in terms of narrative and B. How it felt too similar to Skyrim in some places. They need to figure out the best way to move the franchise forward and improve their standards if they have any chance of making Fallout 5 a success, which I won't expect for at least 10 years, thanks to Starfield and TES 6.

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 5:33 pm

I'm not going to be in a hurry to pre-order it, but I'll hang behind a bit and see what they do. I'm expecting a lot of pretty things to look at, but an even more dumbed-down RP experience. If that is the case, I'll not bother buying it. If somehow, they manage to make a great RPG again, I will jump right back on the hype train. I want Bethesda to make great games, as they are fully capable.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 5:54 pm

I found fallout 4 to be a huge improvement over fallout 3. It wasn't out to beat new vegas, it was out to beat fallout 3, so I'm ok. I'll wait a year like I usually do with Bethesda games, until it's patched, reviewed and modded, and it improves over 4, sure, I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 10:37 pm

I'll hold my breath but if I see any actual improvement, I'll give it a fair shake.
Back to top Go down
TheLastJuan

TheLastJuan

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 1:23 pm

The last Fallout I bought was the og collection, the most recent installment I've played is 4. Bethesda's flavour of the franchise has always been a bit too shallow for my taste, at least when it regards to characters and worldbuilding. Those 2 things hooked me to the franchise in the first place.

Fallout 5 might look a wee-bit better than 4, play a bit better and watnot. But I'm willing to bet it's gonna be horribly written. So...no, lmao. Sorry for the essay.
Back to top Go down
BakedPotato

BakedPotato

Character sheet
Faction: NCR
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 11:41 am

If obsidian were to be given the ability to make fallout 5 it would probably be an instant pre order for me, but I understand that that's a pipe dream at this point. If/when fallout 5 gets announced/released, i'll wait for the reviews to come out to decide if I buy it at full price or wait long enough for a sale, but there still isn't really a scenario for me where I don't buy a fallout game. Eventually I did cave and buy fallout 76 when wastelanders came out, and although I haven't played much of it yet, I really liked the worldspace and environmental design much more than fallout 4. I'm definitely not on board with the microtransactions, but I do appreciate the return of a more rpg style dialogue system, not to mention npcs. If fallout 5 were to have a worldspace as good looking if not better than fallout 76, as well as a return to more rpg oriented game mechanics and storylines, and not such a focus on radiant quests to fill the game with content, i'd be happy with it.
Back to top Go down
ChocolateDisco

ChocolateDisco

Character sheet
Name: Disco
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm

I think that Bethesda just dosen't really care about Fallout series. They know if they slap a Fallout title on at least a decent game it's going to sell like hot cakes. It dosen't mean it's going to be a decent Fallout game. So to answer your queistion - I'll buy it if they put at least some effort in to it.
Back to top Go down
baba10110

baba10110

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm

I would wait for a promotion to buy it but surely not at a high price if Bethesda casualize the game even more than Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 7:09 am

Of course I'm going to buy Fallout 5, but like all games, it's good measure to see reviews, opinions, ratings on it before you buy it.

I still have some faith left in Bethesda. Fallout 76 wasn't a main series entry and Fallout 4 was still a good game (albeit flawed) in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Timeseeker

Timeseeker

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Light Labs
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 12:35 pm

I no longer trust Bethesda Game Studios to develop games -- especially Fallout. With each subsequent release, they've been dumbed down and further monetized. Fallout has become a bad parody of itself.
When the inevitable Fallout 5 releases, I very much doubt I'll buy it unless the modding scene is mindblowingly good or it's available for a steep discount. The same is true for TES6 and Starfield.

KITT

KITT

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:50 pm

I'll probably wait a month or so to see what people whose taste I respect think of it, but I'll probably buy it. The only thing that'd really kill it for me would be if it was an online game / p2w model. Nearly everything else can be fixed with enough mods and fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 4:12 am

I'm going to go for a wait and see approach for Fallout 5.
As most people have said bethesda needs to prove their worth and I won't trust them anymore with all the latest bullshit they've been pulling.

I jumped on Fallout 4 when it got announced because it was the first title in the franchise, I actually cared for.

I've joined the party with 3 and NV years after their release, so the modding scene was up and about already.

Altough I never really played either of the two in a vanilla state tbh.

Most likely I will get F5 at a discount too as the full price might not be worth it after, fallout 4 was IMO disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you going to buy Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next