Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele gauss Mask wolfenstein Gear money Call Ryse mandalorian riot Reforged power Overhaul hunk ghoul daryl NPCs dead commonwealth boom machine boomers body marvel vault khan
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 5:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 7:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Are you going to buy Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DiseasedJupiter

DiseasedJupiter

Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Personally, I’m not sure about this one - what I can say for certain though is I am 100% not pre-ordering any Bethesda ever again (learnt some hard lessons with FO76).

They do need to sort themselves out though. I remember watching a documentary way back when Oblivion came out and Bethesda made a point of showing off their Elder Scrolls Bible, that apparently spelled out all events that have been and that are to follow... but between their releases since then I have seen little evidence this is actually the case (Skyrim was pretty lore breaking and don't even mention ESO to me). It just seems like they don't really respect the IP's they acquire or create and that is a real shame. Fallout has it worse though and seems to be the Harry Potter of the BGS line up - thrown under the stairs and abused, drip fed the progress they make in their other titles, while being a testing ground for features that gets focused back into the TES series. Settlement building in FO4 for example, feels like it became the team's focus halfway through development and other areas of the game got left behind as a result, leading to the buggy mess that we got in the end.
Won't be surprised if we will be seeing settlement building and some flavour of multiplayer in entries going forward (wouldn't actually say no to co-op IF they did a good job of it).

I have lost a lot of faith in them since the glory days of Morrowind and honestly, for me anyway, the next generation of Bethesda games are going to have to be bloody masterpieces for me to part with my money.

...Rant over Smile

PS. I absolutely agree with previous statements in this thread, we definitely need some more of the Enclave in the next game!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198217308173/
SaymonCZ

SaymonCZ

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Is it even going to happen? I mean the whole franchise got pretty much murdered, and I doubt Bethesda at its current state will see that its their fault. I fully expect them to ditch it because people did not like 76, so in their eyes they must not like Fallout anymore.
Back to top Go down
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 3:03 pm

I disagree. Bethesda has made it known from the get-go that 76 was a side project, and that it would be unlike the normal fallouts. I sense a full return to normalcy when it comes to fallout 5. Besides, Fallout 4 was a huge money maker. They won't turn away from that. The modding, and the player community, on both games are still thriving.
Back to top Go down
SaymonCZ

SaymonCZ

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

I dont think you can call it a side-project they were/are pretty comited to the cash grab.
Back to top Go down
Frosty7130

Frosty7130

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:04 pm

GoofyGoo6er wrote:
I disagree. Bethesda has made it known from the get-go that 76 was a side project, and that it would be unlike the normal fallouts. I sense a full return to normalcy when it comes to fallout 5. Besides, Fallout 4 was a huge money maker. They won't turn away from that. The modding, and the player community, on both games are still thriving.
Also agreed.

Not sure where the sentiment of Falliut 76 being a "franchise-ender" comes from. Like you said, labeled from the get-go as a side project, by a new, smaller studio, NOT BGS (which develops the main series, AKA Fallout 3 & 4).

Sure, it was a disaster, but by the time Fallout 5 (or the next side-project) comes around, which at this point looks to be about 2026, most of the negative feelings will have faded.

RangerJosh

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:24 am

Personally, I don't know if the feelings of resentment will have gone away, but I don't believe that Fallout 76 is the end of the Fallout franchise, not at all.

Fallout 4 itself was a big enough success for Bethesda to sustain themselves, so I think they are fine in that respect.

For me, I feel like I'm just going to have to wait and see whether or not I'm going to pre order Fallout 5 or not, but I do think I'll be buying it on the day of release, unless something changes (unlike war because War... War never changes closed eyes smile)
Back to top Go down
Kimwasi

Kimwasi

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 8:50 pm

I want to buy it of course but the lack of RPG elements in Bethesda's Fallouts have been shocking to say the least. I recently just went through playing all of the Fallouts and upon replaying FO3(which used to be my favorite of the modern Fallouts) I was shocked on how linear it is. I just hope that Bethesda takes the mediocre response to FO4 and everything said about F76 to heart to make a character driven Role Playing game instead of an action adventure fps wearing the skin of a Fallout game.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:16 pm

I'll wait and see. Mods will fix most of its problems so it's just a matter of patience. I won't go into it expecting it to be an obsidian game. It'll be a bethesda game, through and through, like they all are, other than maybe '76, which sounds like it was almost an outright scam rather than merely a disapointment (I haven't played that one.)
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:20 am

Kimwasi wrote:
I want to buy it of course but the lack of RPG elements in Bethesda's Fallouts have been shocking to say the least. I recently just went through playing all of the Fallouts and upon replaying FO3(which used to be my favorite of the modern Fallouts) I was shocked on how linear it is. I just hope that Bethesda takes the mediocre response to FO4 and everything said about F76 to heart to make a character driven Role Playing game instead of an action adventure fps wearing the skin of a Fallout game.

Fallout 3 is linear in the same way Fallout 1 and 2 are linear. Seeing as those were the games it was following, not New Vegas which was by all means the big black sheep that *iterated* on 3. Can't really fault 3 for doing what it was supposed to do based on prior entries in the series.
( I feel like I have to keep bringing up that NV was an iterative sequel so people realize that a 1 to 1 comparison between the two is idiotic. )

As for Fallout 4, you're right. But it's one game.

76, ironically has been bending over backwards to incorporate all the RPG element frameworks that 4 was missing. It's got a bunch of them now, even some new ones like negative skill checks.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
Nochance

Nochance

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 3:34 am

Im definitely going too, cuz im a big fan of the franchise, going to buy it as soon as its out.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:32 am

Probably gonna buy it if it even comes out. Of course there's this thought in my head that I want to see where the game will be set, how things look and are presented in game, weapons, etc etc. The only thing I ask for in Fallout 5 is to not have the brotherhood of steel and super mutants for a change. It's getting pretty tiring seeing those guys around, especially the Super Mutants. In Metro, it's fine that the factions are present in the two games because they all live in the metro so as you can see there's not much logic to introduce a new group. In Fallout, however the BOS and Super Mutants are always there. They're part of the universe, yes, but given how open the world and how the world continued to endure throughout the years it's surprising to not see other mutants and wacko groups.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:18 am

If I'm still alive, sure, but we are talking at least a decade or so here. We are still seemingly several years off Starfield, and then a further three to five from TES, and THEN the entire development cycle of Fallout 5 if it's next after TES and they don't slot another new IP between.
Back to top Go down
RangerJosh

RangerJosh

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:02 am

Sirdanest wrote:
I'll wait and see.  Mods will fix most of its problems so it's just a matter of patience.  I won't go into it expecting it to be an obsidian game.  It'll be a bethesda game, through and through, like they all are, other than maybe '76, which sounds like it was almost an outright scam rather than merely a disapointment (I haven't played that one.)

See that's something that I haven't considered, the mods that will be in place for Fallout 5 could be reason enough to buy the game in the first place.

If Bethesda has an updated engine or new mechanics or whatever, it'd be great to see what the modding community would be able to do with that
Back to top Go down
BallsOnTheDelli

BallsOnTheDelli

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:14 pm

I think at this point the majority of the fan base is crying out for a new engine and like it has already been mentioned a new engine and mod support would probably lead to most buying... me anyway closed eyes smile

Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

I'll buy it purely because I feel duty bound as it's a (non-multiplayer) Fallout game so I should really give it a try, not because I expect it to be good enough to pull me away from my loyalty to Fallout: New Vegas

Back to top Go down
sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm

I may not be alive still by the time it comes out LOL
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 12:28 am

DiseasedJupiter wrote:
Personally, I’m not sure about this one - what I can say for certain though is I am 100% not pre-ordering any Bethesda ever again (learnt some hard lessons with FO76).

Lol that's my main reason too.

Bethesda's gonna cater to more Action oriented fans rather than hardcore RPG fans so why even expect real Fallout in it.

Now maybe the modding community might make the next Fallout 5 interesting but holy shit, theres gonna be a lot of things to mod. I really can't enjoy FO4 vanilla quests at all due to how bad they are. So unless theres a mod that replaces all the quests... bleh.

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 12:45 am

Honestly no, not at first anyway. Bethesda has lost a lot of good will in recent years and I don't have any real desire to support their future messes.

I'll buy it at some point, when it goes really cheap, or if a really good selection of mods comes out for it.
(And note, bethesda. I said mods, not paid "mini-expansions". I'm not buying a single goddamn creation coin)
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 am

Well i gona buy it when its on sale for like 10 euro. Unles they bring some mayor improvments but i doubt that. F4 was not good or bad it was medi core but i still had and have fun with it. F76 on the other hand is a desaster and as long it is profitable, because a lot of people pay for FU1# and Atoms, we will not get a new Fallout game that is good. How ever i think its for the best we wait for starfield and TES6 and see if Bethesda has changed. How ever i still have the feeling that those 2 gona go nuklear.
Maybe then Bethesda goes bankrupt and will taken over by Microsoft? The outer worlds was great, well at least on can dream.
Back to top Go down
quikzby

quikzby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 4:47 am

Probably not. Fallout 4 just about killed any hope I have for this franchise on the RPG front; I honestly believe that Bethesda will keep dumbing down their RPG systems until there is nothing left and every future Fallout title is FO76 2 or another FPS game that they'll call an RPG because it has the SPECIAL system.

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy Fallout 5?   Are you going to buy Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you going to buy Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next