Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
power vault Mask Gear body Ryse commonwealth Call dead wolfenstein hunk machine money Superpele daryl boom Overhaul riot gauss Reforged NPCs marvel mandalorian boomers khan ghoul
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 and dual wielding.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 3:03 pm

You know, when Fallout 4 first came out, found it odd that with Bethesda implementing dual wielding in Skyrim, they didn't implement it in Fallout 4, and it's got me thinking. I think dual wielding would fit right in the world of Fallout. Rather it was with guns, or melee weapons.

In fact, it would add more depth to your strength attribute. Weaker characters could dual wield knives and pistols. While stronger characters would dual wield sledge hammers, and assault rifles. As for blocking and aiming, I personally think that you should be able to attack with both weapons with one mouse button, then aim or block with the other. Of course, aiming with two weapons would have reduced range, but it'd boost your firepower. The same is true for melee weapons, it would be pretty cool if you could block with both weapons at once.

Power armor could further augment your dual wielding strength. Why wield one mini gun or Gatling laser when you can wield two? You could lob two missile launchers over your shoulder, and fire them simultaneously. Heck, you could get carried away with a couple of fat boys, and carpet bomb the whole place. Perhaps you could have really really heavy melee weapons that could only be dual wielded via power armor. That sort of thing.

What do you guys think of this? If so, let me know, I'd love to hear from you! Waving Smiley
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 6:00 pm

I'd give anything to actually have dual wielding. It could work like Killing Floor where the aim is zoomed in a bit as a result.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 6:20 pm

@ OverTheTop123

Boy so would I.

I should mention that, like Killing Floor, Call Of Juarez Gunslinger does something identical when dual wielding revolvers. So clearly it's something that's been done before.

Additionally, I've played a Doom Mod, called Brutal Wolfenstein, that allows you to iron sight with pistols and sub-machine guns, by aiming down the sights with one weapon, and fire with both weapons. It's a little awkward, because you shoulder fire one weapon, but hip fire the other, but it would work.
Back to top Go down
TastyHands

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am

Dual wielding is solid idea, but if it were to be used with guns then you'd have to suffer a pretty gnarly accuracy hit as a result because otherwise dual wielding would just be objectively better than using one gun, an accuracy hit would make sense because you don't really have the aiming capabilities of using a single gun, but you have theoretically higher DPS through sheer firing speed.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 pm

@ TastyHands

I agree with reduced accuracy. That's how it works with other games and mods that I have played. So that is to be expected. Although I will admit, you could still give the player aiming capabilities, you could just have it be not as good as aiming with one weapon. That would keep things pretty balanced.

That, and you could always give players perks in regards to dual wielding, similar to how Skyrim works. Smile
Back to top Go down
TastyHands

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Oh yeah definitely. Specializing into dual wielding is something that you should definitely be able to do.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:04 pm

@ TastyHands

You could also have themed dual wielding perks too. Similar to the grunt and cowboy perks in Fallout New Vegas. I could totally see the cowboy perk would grant you some buffs when dual wielding revolvers. Or the grunt making you more effective with dual weilding sub-machine gun, since it's themed around world war 2 weaponry.

Back to top Go down
rkelly

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 pm

so about that. watch this vid all the way to the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u49C9eE_fY
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 pm

Only dual wielding I'd want in FO is a pistol and knife combo or a pistol and flashlight. Two weapons at once would be very unbalanced unless it heavily diminished your accuracy. Plus, it'd probably be pushing it even more towards action and further away from traditional RPG stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am

@ Wertologist

Just like the tactical knife perk in call of duty right? Honestly, I can see how you feel like it would become more action based than how a traditional RPG would work, but I think that characters that dual wield would be the embodiment of roleplaying. Especially if there where a whole series of perks, requirements, and traits to go with dual wielding. Because I definitely couldn't see low strength characters dual wielding anything more than the silenced .22 pistols from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 and dual wielding.   Fallout 4 and dual wielding. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 and dual wielding.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1