Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault power boom money riot wolfenstein Mask Superpele dead ghoul Reforged commonwealth machine NPCs Gear Overhaul khan hunk gauss body daryl boomers mandalorian Call marvel Ryse
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Anesthatic Today at 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm

» Starfield
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nickheggo

nickheggo

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:09 pm

I was 12 years old when the game released and I thought it looked cool Very Happy
It was the first open world rpg I ever played.
And I fell in love with it since then.
Oh and it had Gore... pretty big selling point for a 12 year old I guess closed eyes smile

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Image
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/dbdQrMA
ChocolateDisco

ChocolateDisco

Character sheet
Name: Disco
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 pm

I used to be really into a game series called STALKER (you know because it's basically a simulation of my life in russia Thumbs Up ), and one day about 6-7 years ago i got my hands on a copy of fallout nv and ever since it's my favorite game of all time, and i replay it at least once a year.
Back to top Go down
ProximalBoar82

ProximalBoar82

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Well, let me take you back to 2016. I was a sophomore at the time. And one of my senior friends who was going into the Army after graduation asked me if I ever heard of Fallout. I said no, and this guy came back the next day into class with a Xbox 360 copy of New Vegas and told me to try it out. I did, and I fell in love with New Vegas ever since. The whole post apocalyptic, dystopian life after a nuclear armageddon is what got me into the Fallout series as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Took me a long time to actually sink into the Fallout universe. Don't know why it took me so long but, eventually went to the point of submerging hard with FNV and FO3. The mods really helped kick into me really liking the fallout universe.

Drutar

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Personally I didn't know anything about Fallout before Bethesda acquired the rights. Which is not surprising, I was still in kindergarten back in 97/98.

Later on I fell in love with the Elder Scrolls franchise. I was pretty late from the party though, I was in high school at the time I played Oblivion. It was already a few years old. At this time I already heard about Fallout, my girlfriend kept mentioning it, since her older brothers played them all, including the originals. She knew I liked the Elder Scrolls, so she tought I might enjoy Fallout as well. I watched a few videos, but I wasn't really interested, the world looked too barren and boring to me. Keep in mind I was still playing Oblivion. Now compare Cyrodiil to something like the Capital Wasteland....Yeah, I was not interested at all.

Until one day I really wanted to play an open world western game. There weren't too many to choose from back then. I already played the hell out of GUN, and I didn't have a console to play Red Dead Redemption. So I ended up getting the closest thing I could think of, something not really a western, but it had "that vibe". Fallout: New Vegas...
The rest is history. Very Happy

Obviously it was more than the generic western I was looking for, I started to get into the lore, I was really enjoying Fallout's unique vibe, and before I knew it, I was a fan. I played them all except for Tactics, BoS, and for some reason I could never get into FO3. Tried it multiple times, but it always ended up back on the shelf.

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:24 am

Ditched muh bitch, took on the CK and nexus, never looked back.

Last edited by AshTheDefiler on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daltonrules

Daltonrules

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:14 am

I have to say it eould be the story and setting of Fallout 3. The moment I stepped out of that vault, I fell in love with it. It was also the first game I played that had a post apoclyptic setting. It also started my love for that genre. I first played it back in sixth grade.
Back to top Go down
apraha91

apraha91

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 am

Friend recommendation. Then he kinda forced me to play it and... I played every PC Fallout game.
I enjoy that scavenging to learn what happened to these people, seeing that whatever happens people remain jerks to each other and best part of Fallout universe: weird technology harnessing atom but our pc are enormous and monochromatic.
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 12:37 pm

For me it all goes back to the late 90s. I remember as a little kid watching my dad play the first two Fallout games (among many others at the time, like Might and Magic). I tried playing them myself around the time but I was just too young to understand what was really going on lol.

Around 2002-2003 Morrowind was the first RPG my kid self could actually sit down and grasp, so my love for the Elder Scrolls took off from there. Oblivion came out a few years later and what life I had outside of school and friends was pretty much gone at that point. And when I discovered mods, oh boy.

It's now Christmas 2008, and one of the games I got was Fallout 3. Younger me vaguely remembered Fallout, but seeing the Bethesda name on it I knew that I couldn't go wrong with this game either way. I wasn't wrong. Ended up playing the crap out of the 360 version for a bit, before getting the PC version so I could download mods. Ever since then I've been just as invested in Fallout as the Elder Scrolls.

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:49 pm

I was in middle school when I first heard about Fallout 3 but because it was rated M, it was hard to convince my parents to let me buy it, until I told them I could make my own character. They were pretty happy to have a game with a black character in it, so they let me buy it. Yeah....that's how I got Fallout 3 in 2008. No shame Smile
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:09 pm

My older brother originally traded gears of war 2 for fallout 3. At first I was upset about it because I was in the middle of a playthrough. Then after awhile fell in love with the game and soon became a lore master years later.
Back to top Go down
erictuong

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:01 pm

I kid you not, around the release time of Fallout 3 I came to visit my uncle and he threw Fallout 3 at me and me told me to play it What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 1f602 . Loved Fallout ever since.
Back to top Go down
DrumstickBrainTickin246

DrumstickBrainTickin246

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 am

haha honestly, saw some people playing FO3 on the rentable xbox at the uni library. I stopped doing my homework and ended up watching for a while. The post-apoc world looked really fun, but my crappy laptop was far too weak to play it.

I fixed that about a year later, and FO3 was one of my first steam games.
Back to top Go down
KITT

KITT

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 6:16 am

I vaguely remember playing either Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 on my brother's computer in the late 90s, but I promptly forgot about the series until a few years ago when I decided to give FNV a shot. I've since played the whole series (minus 76) through multiple times over and haven't gotten tired of it yet.
Back to top Go down
klaatu27

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Big Hello Smiley
My first PC game was Fallout nv, it was a gift from a friend about 2011, and I really enjoyed it, then I was interested in the modifications, (since oblivion the mods caught my attention) and watching on YouTube I saw a channel dedicated to the fallout mods called @nvret and that's how I got to know the fallout games and the gunnetwork website, from 2011 to the present day I keep playing and modifying fnv

AdayDr1en

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:01 pm

admittingly, started out with fallout 3. it was new vegas that gave me a taste of what a true fallout game could be. the narrative experience was amazing. the choices and outcomes exceeded what i had played in other games, besides mass effect.

nowadays, though, beth fallouts are just dumb fun games only good for modding. but that's okay. just had to accept bethesda is more-so the casual games dev and obsidian has new footing to make decent fallout successors.

AlanaSP

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:13 pm

i never was really drawn to the games originally someone loaned my oblivion and i fell in love with that series and i believe the same friend told me about fallout 3 and said he would loan me that and basically loved the franchise since i went back and played some of the original games too took me awhile but overall love the setting and the lore until bethesda decided to basically take it round back and beat it repeatedly.

The OG Queen of 76 Porting
Check out my Ko-fi page for pictures, access to my mods and to help support my McDonald's addiction.

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Kofi_button_red

Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Ha ha! Crappy world go boom!

I'm a sucker for environmental storytelling, and a post-apocalyptic setting is jampacked with stories, both pre-war and post.

Played the original Fallout way back when, and it cannot be stressed enough how much cooler that game was than most at the time. Played better than most isometric RPGs, and at the same time the isometric angle just fired your imagination.

Looking back, very few games have ever come close to capturing the atmosphere and storytelling of Fallout.

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
ThisShadeOfGreen

ThisShadeOfGreen

Location : A memory unit (un)fortunately connected to the internet.

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 5:54 am

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this. I started with Fallout 4 in 2016 on Xbox One a few months after it released because of the marketing on TV, burned through it after a few weeks, satisfied but not amazed. Fallout 4 on Xbox got limited modding support and I was able to create a custom located cliffside settlement overlooking a lake. No companions, just me and Dog Meat having a grand old time.

In order to go beyond the limitations on Xbox I saved up to make a gaming PC build, from which I type right now. In the process of modding Fallout 4 I tried New Vegas, and I just couldn't go back. That melancholic feeling deep in my chest I got when I looked at the ruins across the lake from my house in Fallout 4 was almost constant in New Vegas. Other than potentially the OG 1 and 2, nothing else scratches that itch for me.

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 6:27 am

Honestly? I was looking for something new to play, I liked TES and it was from the same company, so I figured why not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next