Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl Reforged Overhaul Gear money hunk Mask riot mandalorian Call dead machine ghoul boomers Ryse vault gauss commonwealth boom khan wolfenstein power Superpele marvel NPCs body
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm

» Starfield
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
UnholyPlays

UnholyPlays

Character sheet
Name: Kane
Faction: NCR
Level: 100

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 7:03 pm

i played for the first time at my uncles, it was when fo3 just came out so id been watching and asked to play, played ever since.

FallOutMike

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm

it took me several attempts to get into Fallout 3, but when I did, oh boy, back when Blockbuster was a thing I spent nearly £100 renting the damn game instead of just buying it

HunterK

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Coughlin
Faction: NCR
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 4:50 am

"It just works." - God Howard

HectorSuarezking

Character sheet
Name: Hector calhoun
Faction: Ncr
Level: 68

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 7:31 am

so it was 2008 and i was just watching tv and i was scrolling through on demand and i saw some gameplay of fallout 3 (at the time i didn't know what it was)and i remember seeing it for the first time and i remember hearing the vats sound and it was something i never heard before and the game honestly scared me back then since i was eight years old at the time fast forward a year later 2009 and i was on the phone with my cousin and he mentioned he got fallout 3 and later i went to his house and played it when we exited the vault i remembered the game play i saw on t.v and we went to springvalle where the raiders are and when i got an xbox i got my own copy of fallout 3 and fell in love with the game fast forward years later 2011-2012 when i discovered youtube i was completely hooked on fallout related videos and would look at what would the world look like after a nuclear apocalypse those were the best years of my life and i'll never forget them

wow this is quite long
Back to top Go down
IpponDropkick

IpponDropkick

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 8:04 am

I gave Fallout 3 a try because I loved Oblivion. Just sort of thought it was okay. Once I saw the Brotherhood though, I was hooked. A whole bunch of power armored knights? That had a sort of techno religious thing going? I am IN.
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am

Around 2016-17 after I graduated from high school,I went to my local gamestop and browsed around. I saw a used copy of Fallout 3 GOTY edition. Fallout was a series I always heard about,but never actually tried out/seen any videos of. Feeling the need to try something new from the usual AAA fps's like Battlefield and COD,I bought it on a whim and when I got home I popped into my 360. I was immediately hooked by the old world charm and quirkiness of the characters. And the radio hit a chord with me cause I always had an appreciation for oldies. The main thing for me was the stark contrast between the bleak and hostile post-apocalyptic wasteland and the colorful and quirky characters that inhabited it. From there,I went on to build my own custom pc and buy New Vegas,which I would label as my favorite game of all time.

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Curiosity. That's the real reason why. Back in late 2015, I was looking for a game that would take a while to finish because I've been finishing games too fast. I did my research and found out that a modern Fallout game would take a while to finish and so I was hooked. I watched some gameplay videos from Fallout 3, did some research on what Fallout game was the best bang for my money and decided to start with New Vegas. On my first ever playthrough, honestly, I was disappointed. Not only was it lackluster at how it ended, but I really thought that the Battle of Hoover Dam had a sequel to it and it would be held at Caesar's territory. As time passed by, I just learned to love the game more than any game I've had before. I love Fallout a lot more than Far Cry and Assassin's Creed now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 am

Originally what got me into the game was the setting, my grandfather was big on reading science fiction novels back when I was younger, and when he saw me playing it, lit his face up. So playing the games inadvertently reminds me of him.
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Concept art for Fallout 3. I was browsing Google Images for some apocalyptic setting of the world when the first image that pops up on the left was Washington D.C. Capitol Building in total ruin. Curious, I clicked on the link and it started showing me concept art for Fallout 3 and that was when I decided - I MUST have this game in my permanent game library. What kept the game rolling for me was the Broken Steel DLC and a certain mod for Mothership Zeta that made staying on board the alien ship far more better.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Destroyiin

Destroyiin

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Well, to be honest, I first found out about fallout from fallout 4 hype. And after loving playing Skyrim (with requiem especially) and Morrowind, I decided to give it a try. I was kinda disappointed with the lack of rpg elements and meaningful choices, and I heard New Vegas had more of those. So I bought it and started playing N.V. I instantly fell in love with Western-like atmosphere, factions and choices. Then I played original fallouts and enjoyed them as well. Never played fallout 3, but I heard it’s great even though with less rpg elements than NV, so I’m planning to play it later.
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 am

Well, to be honest. Fallout is a game that I was very late to the party with. Before I played Fallout, I was an avid Elder Scrolls Fan. Enjoying games like Morrowind and Oblivion, and I didn't even know the game existed, let alone that it was originally a 2D isometric turn based RPG.

In fact, the first time I had ever heard about Fallout was when Bethesda announced that they where working on Fallout 3. Now, being the fact that I already was an avid Elder Scrolls fan, any new IP from Bethesda instantly interested me. Funny enough, I didn't even bother looking into the history of Fallout, despite Fallout 3 being the third main tittle in the series. I was more interested in all of the announcements that Bethesda where making.

Well, Fallout 3's release date came out, and I was instantly hooked. The whole growing up in Vault 101, and then venturing into the capital wasteland. Everything ruined, humanity trying to rebuild and survive. It was nothing short of a masterpiece. Of course, then the mods came along, and Fallout 3 was turned into massive playground for me.

My second Fallout game was Fallout New Vegas. Of which despite it's flaws, I really enjoyed it too. They really amped up the gun play in New Vegas, and I would often spend time making some awesome long shots, or mowing down enemies up close. It felt really good. I must say, the modding community has taken especially good care of Fallout New Vegas. Turning in into another masterpiece.

As for Fallout 4, I've played a little bit of it. But my old gaming machine can't run it as well as I would of liked. However, from what I've experienced. It's got a lot of great things about it, and it's got a lot of awful things about. A real mixed basket of fruits. But I have to congratulate Bethesda for taking a risk in a day in age where AAA companies don't like to change or take risks.

One of these days, I'm going to have to play Fallout 1 and 2. I love retro gaming quite a lot, and I think it would be a fun trip to see the franchises origins, especially since it'll be my first time playing them too. Smile
Back to top Go down
TX980

TX980

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 1:07 pm

I got told it was basically skyrim with guns Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Tekmon_Xonic

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 2:35 pm

@ TX980

That's what I basically said about Fallout 3 when it came out! Except I called it Oblivion with guns, lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
pwninronan

pwninronan

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 11:24 pm

I was a huge fan of the KOTOR series growing up. I wanted ANYTHING that could give me that same level of "choice."

First I graduated to BioWare, then finally, Fallout: New Vegas. The one that trumped them all!

I have to say, that feeling of accountability and freedom makes me feel responsible for everything I do in the game. It gives the gameplay far more gravity than some other run of the mill video-game.

God I love Fallout.
Back to top Go down
bosslog

bosslog

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 3:15 am

Oh boy. I LOVE telling this story!!

Ok so flashback to about a month after fallout 3's release. Another random family event has me staying at my cousin's house for the day and he is playing some new game his dad got. I didn't know what it was called and had never heard of fallout or Bethesda before (ik, I lived under a rock), but here was my cousin playing some games trying to describe game mechanics that he didn't like. While he steadily complained throughout the whole experience, I sat open eyed and watched this man running from a bombed out looking church from these giant green men with HUGE weapons. His hunting riffle breaks after using it to take some stuff down, but he runs to a dead green guy and grabs one of their giant guns, explosions going off everywhere, and he starts mowing people down. Bloody mess kicking in way to much but that just added to the beauty in front of me. After everybody was dead and my cousin was had gone quiet in the background for a while, I hear him say "yeah that's why I don't really care for this game". Idk what his reasons were though because I had genuinely tuned him out. All I know is I asked if I could play cuz I said it looked fun, and he told me to knock myself out.

We played for 8 hours him watching me play. And I bought it the next day. I logged almost 500 hours on just one fallout 3 save before I even made a second character. The moment I saw that game I was sold.
Back to top Go down
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 3:43 pm

I saw the E3 coverage of Fallout 3, and saw the preview where the Lone Wanderer is ambushed by Enclave in a vertiBird, uses V.A.T.S. and mini-nukes them all while listening to marching band music on the radio in the middle of a ruined residential area. That entire scene cemented itself in my mind as one of the coolest sequences I've ever seen in gaming, and when the game came out...I got it on Xbox 360. I wasn't a PC gamer at the time.

It took a long time, but I finally got won over by F:NV and made sure to get it on PC for the modding community. Some time after that, I bought both Fallout 1 and 2, and played them both as well. I've never owned, nor played Fallout 4 or 76.
Back to top Go down
sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

I was a huge Mad Max fan in the 80's (even ruined a jacket by ripping off one sleeve my parents were not happy) when video games started getting more advanced I played Metal Gear and games like that. Wasteland was good but, still in the 80's the games just were not advanced enough. In 1998 just as I was getting into this new windows 98 a friend got me a copy of "Fallout" for my birthday knowing I was such a Mad Max fan (even having post apocalyptic themed partied out in the desert) Man just what I was looking for all these years and when fallout 3 was eventually released it took in to a whole new level of immersion. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Back to top Go down
Koolaid1022

Koolaid1022

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 12:56 pm

So my friends actually talked me into getting fallout 4. I’ve seen gameplay videos and trailers of previous fallout games and I felt that it wasn’t my cup of tea. But when fallout 4 was announced, by friends were really hype about it. So I decided to watch the trailer to see what they were so hype about and I when I saw the trailer, I didn’t understand the hype. I didn’t think much of the game. But my friends continued to explain to me the premise of fallout and I played Skyrim like crazy so they told me it was the same developer and all that and that I’d love the game. So finally, I decided to just pre order fallout 4 so my friends can leave me alone about it lol. And as it turns out, fallout is now one of my favorite game series lmao. Now my friends get on my case that I play the game too much lol.
Back to top Go down
chickenbmlg

chickenbmlg

Character sheet
Name: Shrek
Faction: The Swamp
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 am

I got into Fallout because of a YouTuber named VenturianTale, who made a Fallout 3 and New Vegas series on his channel. I thought it looked really cool, so I tried it out. Years later and hundreds of hours of playtime later, I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Because of VenturianTale, it introduced me to Bethesda, which I never heard of before watching his videos. So I also ended up playing The Elder Scrolls, mostly Skyrim in the series.
Back to top Go down
chickenbmlg

chickenbmlg

Character sheet
Name: Shrek
Faction: The Swamp
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 am

I got into Fallout because of a YouTuber named VenturianTale, who made a Fallout 3 and New Vegas series on his channel. I thought it looked really cool, so I tried it out. Years later and hundreds of hours of playtime later, I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Because of VenturianTale, it introduced me to Bethesda, which I never heard of before watching his videos. So I also ended up playing The Elder Scrolls, mostly Skyrim in the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next