Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine Ryse Gear dead power boom Superpele vault NPCs marvel mandalorian Reforged Call gauss daryl money wolfenstein ghoul commonwealth riot body hunk Mask khan Overhaul boomers
Latest topics
» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Today at 4:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Today at 1:43 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Today at 3:12 am

» Starfield
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby scrab20 Yesterday at 9:18 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is Evil ever "tempting?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 am

Shuyin Kojima wrote:
I just can’t do evil. Like at all. I know it’s stupid but I feel guilty and wrong. I find I can’t escape my morals, even in games. Sure, every now and then I save the game and go to town on some faces, but I always load up my previous save.

Hey, everyone has fun their own way. I do find that having restraints now and then really enriches the experience. One time I really dedicated myself to being a bad guy, so I helped the hostile takeover of Goodsprings. I didn't feel good about it, and in the end I found it far more convenient to just leave the town alone, because as long as I didn't engage in combat with the Powdergangers I could still meet up with them at the Corrections Facility and have some interactions there, and another place to rest and restock.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am

I just wanna be nice to everyone and help with peoples problems

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 5:55 am

Evil and crime can tempt those who mean well in real life, when life is really hard. But in most games, you can end up fabulously wealth, powerful, and well-liked just by plowing forward and being the hero. Crime isn't necessary -- in fact it can make your life a lot harder in game.
A decent person might be tempted by a million dollars in real life, but in the game? Nah. In most games, I'm destined to get more money than I can spend, and become all powerful, by being completely and totally super-good hero-type.
All of my elder scrolls and fallout characters were like this. There simply wasn't any need to blow up megaton (along with all of its shops) for a measly pile of caps, unless you just want the world to burn and are playing as a psycho...which can be fun too, but it's not the temptation that I'm talking about. But if being a goody-goody character came at the price of being starving and broke, scraping for every last little bit of irradiated food, etc. then crime might be more tempting.
Back to top Go down
ProximalBoar82

ProximalBoar82

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Mine's not really evil but more so only goes out of his or her way to help but only if they get payed handsomely. Pretty much that ol' merc lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
TastyHands

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Nobody is "Evil". At least to themselves. I'm sure your perspective of evil and someone else's perspective are quite different, and the writing in New Vegas is done well enough to evoke questions of morality and how you rate morality against practicality and efficiency. Nobody goes evil just for the sake of being evil. They go "Evil" because the "Evil" side is where their priorities lie as a person, that's why FNV is written so well in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Even though there's a lot of grey areas and so many people see themselves as good guys... good and evil absolutely exist in the fallout system (other than fallout 4) with an objective, mathematical meter. You could argue that this shouldn't be there, but it's there. That's what I was referring to... have I ever tried to play a high karma character and been tempted to the low karma path by some kind of irresistible offer? Not that I can think of.
You can literally potentially earn titles like "incarnate of evil." Usually it requires murdering masses of people just because they aren't murdered yet, but it's there.
But the original new vegas karma system was botched and not working well, so it could be why not many people play that way -- it's been ages since I played without karma-system mods, I sort of forgot how the vanilla karma system was. Probably a bad idea in that light to even ask this whole question. So many people have probably never even played with a fully working karma meter.
Back to top Go down
lordniti2

lordniti2

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 11:48 pm

I prefer being in the grey area, going on a full good playthrough would be far too boring and a fully evil play through means missing out on some interactions.

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 12:17 am

I wouldn't say tempting, but when you've done almost essentially everything to do, what else is there left to do except population control lol

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 pm

It's only tempting for me when there's loot involved. Other than that I actually find it quite difficult to be evil.
Back to top Go down
GenJohnWilliam

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm

i can usually never play as an evil guy it just never feels right even if the rewards are greater. although the first time i ever played fallout i did kill everything i saw but i was young and didn't understand evil at that time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Evil ever "tempting?"    Is Evil ever "tempting?"   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Evil ever "tempting?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2