Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse Gear daryl boomers Overhaul Superpele vault Reforged marvel commonwealth ghoul wolfenstein Call mandalorian power gauss body khan Mask machine boom money hunk NPCs dead riot
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby monke gaming Yesterday at 11:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wertologist

Wertologist

FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Empty
PostSubject: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 am

There's a small bug in the mod that leaves your character perpetually smiling like an idiot after using a facility in it. The description says it's only supposed to last a few minutes and can be disabled, but that's false due to a bug or something. It's been going on for many hours and despite any change I make in the configuration menu, my character never stops grinning like an idiot. It really kills the vibe of him being a tough son of a bitch when he's got a goofy grin. His default look is looking angry, but with this bug he's almost always smiling.

For the life of me, I don't know how to fix it unless I want to reload a save many hours ago to the point before I used a facility. The bug section of the mod isn't helping with it. The author deletes repeat threads. That's understandable, but not when the issue was never solved and is left buried behind pages of other issues. The only bug thread talking about it suggests using a command. While the command seemingly fixed the issue, it left my game camera all wonky and I had to reload to just before using the command because it screwed up my camera.

Can someone help me fix this issue? I'd really rather not uninstall the mod as it's a really nice little touch for settlements and all my settlements have the facilities in them.

Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14326?tab=description
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am

@Wertologist I use this mod too, and have encountered this bug. The way I fixed it was by doing a bunch of things that change the character's expression. Things like combat and dialogue. One thing you might try is using the showlooksmenu command on your character and changing, but not saving facial features. Though if you have a 3rd person camera mod don't edit the body or it'll break your camera.

You could also try the "unplug it and plug it back in" method of using one of the facilities so that it might reset it. Although with the bug being as random as it is anyone of these could be a solution, or just not work at all. Sometimes even fast traveling far distances will fix it. Sometimes just waiting it out also works. These are all things I've tried that have worked at least once, but I can't say for sure if they will for you. It took me awhile to figure out it was this mod that was causing that since I usually wear a mask or helmet anyway. So now I just quicksave anytime before using any of the facilities.

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 9:03 pm

@SentinelHunter I've been in combat where his facial expressions changed for it, but then they changed back once they were done. I've been in dialogues where he's said "bad" things. He frowns during that, but then resorts to the stupid grin shortly after. Nothing seems to work.

I'll try the looksmenu thing, but what do you mean about "not saving facial features"? I'm not really sure what that means as I don't recall seeing that option in the menu or any prompt specifically for that. Can you elaborate a bit please?

I've tried using other facilities to "reset" it, but it didn't do anything unfortunately. I've definitely fast traveled across the map multiple times.

This mod is definitely the culprit. I mainly just want the mod so NPCs will use the facilities for immersion. I don't really use them myself because I've gotten this bug on older files before so I've been avoiding using them. I just forgot about the bug for a minute and jumped in a shower.

I don't know why the mod author has that as a built in feature since it's so problematic. Multiple people have reported the bug, but they insist it's not from their mod. I think I'm going to have to uninstall the mod after I fix this bug because I'm tired of having to worry about this bug. It's unfortunate because the mod is a really good concept. Unfortunately, someone else tried uninstalling it to try to fix it, but the damage was already done and the mod not being in the game didn't fix the issue. Something about the scripting in the mod must leave a permanent effect regarding facial expressions. If I was any decent with scripting I'd take a look at it, but I'm only familiar with stat changing with the geck.
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 11:24 pm

@Wertologist What I mean by not saving is, well I'll give an example. Say like, sculpt the mouth around a bit, but instead of pressing confirm, you cancel, so the changes aren't saved. Unless you wanted to change your face I guess. I hope that makes sense.

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 4:53 am

@SentinelHunter I'll give that a shot. Hopefully it fixes it because I'm tired of grinning like an idiot.

Update: Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried sculpting both the brows and the mouth, but nothing worked.
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 9:50 am

@Wertologist Sorry it didn't work. I guess you could always wear a mask? But yeah that's a pretty big mess up from the author.

If you have room in your load order, you could always try this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16800 It lets you change your facial expressions, but if I remember correctly it's permanent. So don't know if that affects conversations or not, or if that just means you'll always have the same expression outside of conversations.

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 4:31 pm

@SentinelHunter I may try that mod out. I made my character look perpetually angry with a frown and angled brows so I guess this mod might fix it to at least be similar. I never really did like having him smile in "good" dialogue options I didn't have any choice in picking. Though after a look at the mod page, it doesn't seem to really say anything about facial expressions. Just that it does poses.

I just wish that I could fix this issue with the other mod.
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 pm

@Wertologist I use the mod myself and it has an "expressions menu" for faces. Although looking at the description again it says it can possibly bug out your camera. So I'd save before trying it out.

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?   FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug? Empty

Back to top Go down

FO4: Help fixing the CWSS mod's bug?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1