Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
power body mandalorian Mask Superpele dead commonwealth boom Call machine vault NPCs wolfenstein hunk Gear daryl marvel Reforged khan boomers Overhaul money gauss Ryse riot ghoul
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout sculptures and other art I've made

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tabris

Tabris

Character sheet
Name: Tabris
Faction: Followers of The Apocalypse
Level: 47

Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Amazing! I'm also a sculptor (although not as skilled as you) and i'm curious on which material you are using. Is it water-based clay? I normally use oil-based or polymer clay.
Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Awesome man, nice to meet someone else who sculpts! I'd be happy to tell you where to buy it all the cheapest if you want to message me. The materials for the first few pictures; the brownish clay is called Monster Clay. Its a thermo clay that's unlike any clay I've ever used. You make it workable with heat, and to stiffen it up you freeze it. I will not be leaving the Artorias sculpture in this clay as there is no way to make it a stable state, 10 years from now it can still be melted. So once I finish I will be casting it.

The pink and gray clay are Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm, respectively. If you've used polymer clay before then I'm sure you're familiar with them as they're the basic polymer clay.

The helmets are not clay at all but fiberglass and Bondo Body Filler. If you're interested in doing anything like these look up Pepakura, that's the technique to do these. It's a lot easier than it looks and these are only my early pieces so they're not the best. You just need alot of patience lol. I love this type of work because there is a ton of experimentation you can do. You can mix Bondo and Fiberglass to make Rondo which is a lot of fun, if not messy lol. The Deathstroke helmet is even reinforced with genuine carbon fiber, I can stand on the helmet without it budging or bowing.

I hope these help you if you ever look into them more! I highly recommend trying Monster Clay once, theoretically one of the 5lbs boxes could last you forever since you can constantly reuse it. My biggest advice is to keep your hands and workspace clean because eventually it'll pollute the Monster Clay which does make it less and less unworkable.
Back to top Go down
Redmaus

Redmaus

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 8:07 pm

yarknot wrote:
Thanks man, it is fully wearable, although it is hard to see out of and its uncomfortable. I also have a T-60 helmet too but I haven't gotten around to finishing it
T51b is a must then
Back to top Go down
Tabris

Tabris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

yarknot wrote:
Awesome man, nice to meet someone else who sculpts! I'd be happy to tell you where to buy it all the cheapest if you want to message me. The materials for the first few pictures; the brownish clay is called Monster Clay. Its a thermo clay that's unlike any clay I've ever used. You make it workable with heat, and to stiffen it up you freeze it. I will not be leaving the Artorias sculpture in this clay as there is no way to make it a stable state, 10 years from now it can still be melted. So once I finish I will be casting it.

The pink and gray clay are Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm, respectively. If you've used polymer clay before then I'm sure you're familiar with them as they're the basic polymer clay.

The helmets are not clay at all but fiberglass and Bondo Body Filler. If you're interested in doing anything like these look up Pepakura, that's the technique to do these. It's a lot easier than it looks and these are only my early pieces so they're not the best. You just need alot of patience lol. I love this type of work because there is a ton of experimentation you can do. You can mix Bondo and Fiberglass to make Rondo which is a lot of fun, if not messy lol. The Deathstroke helmet is even reinforced with genuine carbon fiber, I can stand on the helmet without it budging or bowing.

I hope these help you if you ever look into them more! I highly recommend trying Monster Clay once, theoretically one of the 5lbs boxes could last you forever since you can constantly reuse it. My biggest advice is to keep your hands and workspace clean because eventually it'll pollute the Monster Clay which does make it less and less unworkable.
Thanks. I'll sure take a look into that monster clay for my bigger projects. Can't say i'll get it right now because i still have to buy brown and green stuff for my miniatures but i'll be sure to remember it for the future.
Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Redmaus wrote:
yarknot wrote:
Thanks man, it is fully wearable, although it is hard to see out of and its uncomfortable. I also have a T-60 helmet too but I haven't gotten around to finishing it
T51b is a must then

Whenever I get back into making the helmets the T-51 will be the next one I make. I would love to make all the power armor helmet including the X-01, X-02, and even the Hellfire.

I'd love to just display them on a rack and then have the full T-60 suit in the middle.

If only I had the time and motivation to do them now lol

And Tabris I would love to see some of your work sometime.
Back to top Go down
Posterize4VC

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 pm

When I read your introductory post about Fallout sculptures, I never imagined the quality that they would hold. These things are incredible, you certainly have a gift.

Tabris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am

yarknot wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
yarknot wrote:
T51b is a must then

Whenever I get back into making the helmets the T-51 will be the next one I make. I would love to make all the power armor helmet including the X-01, X-02, and even the Hellfire.

I'd love to just display them on a rack and then have the full T-60 suit in the middle.

I do have some pictures.
First this is a university assignment from last semester, a garden light inspired by the hermit crab (the initial idea came from how they have gigantic hermit crabs that live inside the carcasses of trucks in Fallout 4). It didn't go fully as planned, the lamp was too strong and i did not initially think the "shell" would end up letting light off, i planet to only have the light come of the clear plastic on the top of the shell. This one was sculpted almost entirely with cold porcelain and painted with acrylics.

Spoiler:

Here is another university assignment, a children room inspired by Dragon Ball Z. While there are some things i really like about this one (the bed, specially) it suffered from me not having time to do everything i wanted resulting in some subpar sculpting from me and missing things i had planned to add like curtains and a better floor texture. I literally had to work all night without sleep and only finished the kanji in the carpet already in the classroom. I don't know the name of the paper i used in the walls and floor in english but it was covered with adhesive paper after trying to hand paint it failed. Most of the furniture is either cold porcelain or a epoxi putty we have here in Brazil called Durepoxi. Notice that the cold porcelain has a hard time creating hard edges and since i was working on some of that stuff during the night and i had run out of Durepoxi i had to sue it anyway, resulting in some weird shapes, specially in the chair and the air-conditioner.

Spoiler:

Now to the only RPG miniature i actually managed to finish (had problems with the armature breaking before because it's so small. The legs busted open and i think it's because there was an air pocket between the durepoxi and the polymer clay (polymer clay won't stick directly into the armature so i used a coat of durepoxi for it to stick into. In the future i'll probably use brown stuff instead) which burst when i baked it.

Spoiler:

Finally, this guy has been sitting in my table for years unfinished but since he is one of the few bigger projects (compared to the miniatures) i've worked on i guess it's nice to show him.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 am

Tabris wrote:
yarknot wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
yarknot wrote:
T51b is a must then

I do have some pictures.
First this is a university assignment from last semester, a garden light inspired by the hermit crab (the initial idea came from how they have gigantic hermit crabs that live inside the carcasses of trucks in Fallout 4). It didn't go fully as planned, the lamp was too strong and i did not initially think the "shell" would end up letting light off, i planet to only have the light come of the clear plastic on the top of the shell. This one was sculpted almost entirely with cold porcelain and painted with acrylics.

Spoiler:

Here is another university assignment, a children room inspired by Dragon Ball Z. While there are some things i really like about this one (the bed, specially) it suffered from me not having time to do everything i wanted resulting in some subpar sculpting from me and missing things i had planned to add like curtains and a better floor texture. I literally had to work all night without sleep and only finished the kanji in the carpet already in the classroom. I don't know the name of the paper i used in the walls and floor in english but it was covered with adhesive paper after trying to hand paint it failed. Most of the furniture is either cold porcelain or a epoxi putty we have here in Brazil called Durepoxi. Notice that the cold porcelain has a hard time creating hard edges and since i was working on some of that stuff during the night and i had run out of Durepoxi i had to sue it anyway, resulting in some weird shapes, specially in the chair and the air-conditioner.

Spoiler:

Now to the only RPG miniature i actually managed to finish (had problems with the armature breaking before because it's so small. The legs busted open and i think it's because there was an air pocket between the durepoxi and the polymer clay (polymer clay won't stick directly into the armature so i used a coat of durepoxi for it to stick into. In the future i'll probably use brown stuff instead) which burst when i baked it.

Spoiler:

Finally, this guy has been sitting in my table for years unfinished but since he is one of the few bigger projects (compared to the miniatures) i've worked on i guess it's nice to show him.

Spoiler:

Dude those are awesome! I love how you found inspiration from a game to incorporate into your art. That's one of my favorite things about viewing other artists' work, looking for the inspiration behind their work. Thank you so much for sharing I commend your work and love them.

I have done minatures before too, but once I started working on a larger scale I just couldn't go back lol.

And thank you so much Posterize4VC, I appreciate the compliment! It is always my favorite when I go beyond someone's expectations Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout sculptures and other art I've made   Fallout sculptures and other art I've made - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout sculptures and other art I've made

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2