Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maccrawinthejaw

PostSubject: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 am

Whether it's "tears of happiness" or just crushing sadness.

My Answer:

But that's my pick for saddest moment in Fallout 4. Curious to hear if anybody else had any sort of emotional stimulus when they played through the game. I say Fallout 4 specifically since I was never really emotionally triggered by anything that happened in NV, and I never played 3.

"There is always another way! ...Unless that is the only other way.
"Well, this'll be tricky to explain to the next of kin: good news, he's not technically dead; bad news is, he's turned into a mushroom."
"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."
-"That's the nicest thing I've ever said to anyone, including my wife."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunslinger6792

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I always felt sad when you run across that father daughter duo in the wastes as they're setting up camp. The way the man would talk to his young daughter made me want to take them in to a settlement and make sure it was safe. Something about the relationship between the two of them tugs at me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Spoiler!:

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Jamie Kenway
Faction: Independent
Level: 4

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 am

@IIHawkerII
Spoilers!:

Corvo

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 am

Spoiler:

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Happy/Proud Moment:

Happiest Moment:

Most Conflicted Moment:

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

A real sad part I noticed was the ghoul that was the toymaker in the slog. When you gave him the holotape of his daughter and he listened to it and I could swear you could see the ghouls facial expressions change and you could see the sorrow in his eyes.

Bonnies holotapes were a sad little story too. One could only imagine what they went through after reading all the terminals.

There was also a radio beacon of a woman and son being trapped in a railcar when a deathclaw broke into it. Pretty sad knowing how that ended up.

I think the single most powerful scene for me though was seeing the raider just kneeling next to the grave of his girlfriend/companion. There was no dialogue, no effects. Just a scene I think everyone could associate with because it made me feel of all the people I`ve lost over the years and I could identify with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 pm

I've never felt emotionally sad in any point of Fallout 4, probably because of the bad writing. Though, I would say when the occasional good writing appears, I was emotionally invested. For example, Nick Valentine talks about his past and how he got accepted in Diamond City. I was invested but not on the verge of tears. New Vegas made me sad with some characters, Boone, for example, talking about his wife and how he had to kill her and his unborn child to prevent them from becoming slaves, talking that he needs to be punished for the crimes he committed in Bitter Springs. He feel so sad just hearing about it but I've never cried at all in any Fallout game.

momuse88

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 am

Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

@momuse88 wrote:
Spoiler:

Really cool answers, everybody. The whole Institute debacle doubled up with the morality issues in the other factions really had an interesting effect on my character, I feel.

My character's outcome:

"Well, this'll be tricky to explain to the next of kin: good news, he's not technically dead; bad news is, he's turned into a mushroom."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maccrawinthejaw

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:20 am

@gunslinger6792 wrote:
I always felt sad when you run across that father daughter duo in the wastes as they're setting up camp. The way the man would talk to his young daughter made me want to take them in to a settlement and make sure it was safe. Something about the relationship between the two of them tugs at me.
Where was that, exactly?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maccrawinthejaw

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 am

@IIHawkerII wrote:
Spoiler!:

I sympathize. I sided with him on my first character, Recker, but it was only after I made a second character for a Let's Play on my YT channel that I kind of took in the various bits and pieces of evidence that the Institute left. They're responsible for the Super Mutants and Mutant Hounds. They kidnap people and replace them with droids. They're not above murder and subterfuge.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maccrawinthejaw

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:28 am

@dantaefetticus wrote:
@IIHawkerII
Spoilers!:

But what would that say about you/your character if you chose to support his work? That you enjoy tearing apart the people of the Commonwealth and filling them with way more paranoia than they need to be dealing with in an effort to make some form of "progress"?

If I found out that my son was a mass-murderer and I had the power to stop him without any other repercussions barring potential guilt/grief, I wouldn't hesitate to stop him, violently if need be.

That's why I boo-hooed buckets in Far Harbor. I mean in the base game, the three (technically four, but fuck the Minutemen) way war between the Institute, the Railroad and the Brotherhood, you hear dialogue every now and then saying, "It's true! He's a synth!" and "Nah, you're full of it. He's not a synth", and so on, but you never really see what the psychological and emotional effects of loved ones being possible synths may be. Far Harbor, and the Nakano family; that's enough to stir up a typhoon of hatred towards synths since now you actually get to feel the pain of a family divided by the work of the Institute. It's because of that that I
Spoiler:

out of spite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am

No moments in the actual game but this video got me right in the feels

Flickr | YouTube | Nexus |

--------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pre-Workout

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:34 am

Sadly, I can't say I was ever emotional about a quest in Fallout 4 at any point. The entire story was way too cliche.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maccrawinthejaw

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 am

@Pre-Workout wrote:
Sadly, I can't say I was ever emotional about a quest in Fallout 4 at any point. The entire story was way too cliche.
There was nothing cliche about it to me. And I'm also including Far Harbor, Automatron and Nuka-World's quests and moments; I saw no cliches, and I have a sixth sense for finding cliches, tropes and plot holes in fictional media.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chillshock

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:44 am

Not really the main quest, that mostly annoyed me. But when finding that place that was basically a hard reference to Anne Frank's story. That gave me a shiver. Not crying about it, but probably one of the most goosebump moments in fo's setting. Plus it shows a educated depth of the authors that actually is worth of a game carrying the "fallout" title.

The warwick family death was pretty nasty business, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?   

Back to top Go down

Any moments/quests in Fallout 4 that made you cry?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1