Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
G.U.Net. 4th Anniversary
February 23rd

Fallout Screenshots Contest ends in:

Someguy2000:
More New Vegas Mods!
_
February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

[F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowshade

PostSubject: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:41 am

I'm trying to port a character from another game as a custom race and need to fit the head-mesh's neck to the vanilla one.

Because of the latter utterly lacking any muscles around the neck and the way the vanilla-neck is cut, meaning that it isn't level - I'm having a hard time aligning the new one to it.
I've already tried snapping the vertices manually via proportional editing and applying a Shrinkwrap Modifier, but didn't succeed.

So, what's the trick?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justin_may99

Character sheet
Name: Justin
Faction: BoS
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 pm

Check this link out... https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4833265-fyi-fixing-the-neck-seam/ I believe this person had the same problem and they found a loophole to fix this Thumbs Up Hope this helps my friend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:35 am

First of all: Thanks for trying to help.

Second, the neck-seam, RGMage2 found so insufferable, has always been a nuisance in F3/F:NV. But it isn't the problem I have: mine is that I want to port a head-mesh from another game (like Isquall's Femshep mod), which of course doesn't initially fit to the neck-vertices in Fallout.
Third, what RGMage2 did could indeed be a solution albeit a rather lackluster one. One would plunge the new head into the neck as if the latter were a sheath. I find the new seam, which is rather a gap, quite unnerving, so I give this a pass. But it's an idea nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:22 am

@shadowshade How about ask dragbody if you can? He's made new head models or ported them from other games, I'm pretty sure he can help you.

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Does anyone know how to get Blender (2.49b with NifScripts) to export an .egm file for a head mesh?
According to this tutorial:
Code:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62328/?
it should be enough to add 50 shapes of EGM SYM to the mesh. Which isn't the case. I made those shapes actually do something and Blender still does not give me an .egm file Hulk Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck   

Back to top Go down

[F:NV/F3] How to align custom head-mesh with neck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting-