Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear machine Mask vault Overhaul NPCs boom dead mandalorian khan boomers marvel Ryse money Call ghoul power Reforged daryl wolfenstein body Armor riot hunk gauss commonwealth
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 20:46

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21 2024, 01:50

» Howdy from grandmastoes
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17 2024, 03:06

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16 2024, 17:22

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16 2024, 17:22

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11 2024, 04:42

» Hello from nexus
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10 2024, 10:54

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04 2024, 01:06

» The Next fallout
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04 2024, 01:01

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04 2024, 00:55

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02 2024, 05:52

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31 2024, 20:11

» Guns you want in Fallout
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27 2024, 05:21

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20 2024, 18:27

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20 2024, 13:14

» Modder looking for gun mods
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17 2024, 16:33

» schorched enclave officer
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17 2024, 15:13

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14 2024, 12:29

» Late Introduction
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03 2024, 02:29

» Greetings!
How many plugins do you have active? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29 2024, 19:01

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How many plugins do you have active?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperDemonBoy15

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

How many plugins do you have active? Empty
PostSubject: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 11:04

Hello vgu i looked at my plugin number and i was pretty shocked to see my game running at 20fps, my plugin number is 172!Please share your plug-in number down below and please be specific don't say something like "I dunno 80 or 95"
or "Somewhere 40 or 85" Smile

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 11:09

I'm currently rocking the air jordans....jk i'm rocking about 124 plugins right now. My game is running at a steady 30 fps with Dynamo enb turned on as well.
Back to top Go down
nick85

nick85

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 12:30

Well I have 140 plugins using rust enb and ewi65 My inis ugridstoload 9 can't remember how much fps right now but the game runs smooth.
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 13:02

I currently have 78 I had to reinstall because my last fallout had 230 and I ran out of memory so the textures went black Sad I get 30 fps at the moment without enbs I really recommend you stay below 200 pal even though 120 is said to be the absolute limit l
Back to top Go down
xCamoLegend

xCamoLegend

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 13:21

120, it was 160+ until I merged them down with FNVEdit and used Wyre Bash.
Back to top Go down
roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 16:43

For Fallout New Vegas I currently have 92 plugins active. I use an ENB and I get 60fps with a few minor dips.

For Fallout 3 I have 58 plugins active. Fallout Wanderer's Edition really helps eliminate the need for lots of mods as it has many implemented in it already. I'm also using an ENB and I get 60fps barring a few subtle dips.

The commonly accepted "sweet spot" for the number of active mods is ~135 (The actual number can vary from PC to PC). Anything beyond that "sweet spot" is when you start to notice a decrease in stability despite the actual engine's limit being 255.
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 17:45

Hey SDB...Currently I'm running 98 plugins. That includes all the vanilla + DLC and FO3 + DLC with TTW conversions, and my own custom/other modders work installed. With an ENB preset, I average around 30-40 FPS, with it deactivated I can run it at 60 FPS. My system is a mid-range gaming PC, 8 core processor with 16 gb of RAM...my GPU is a little bit weaker than I'd like being an ATI 7700 with 1 GB. The trick I've always followed to squeeze more performance out of whatever rig I'm using is never to use 'big' retexture packs...a lot of times they're just resized vanilla that have been sharpened with filters etc. Most texture mods that claim to be HD aren't that at all. I use NMC medium and performance for FNV + FO3 respectively...I see no real significant difference in using the bigger pack versions, other than losing a bit of performance at times.

Like rolfcoptor suggests, keeping your plugins at or below the sweet spot is the best bet for squeezing as much stability and performance out of your rig. If you are only getting 20 FPS on your system, you may wish to consider building your install around specific mods that are 'must haves' and make compromises with ENBs, texture mods etc. I pretty much rebuilt my mod installs around TTW, and only use mods that are complimentary to that setup without causing lag or using overly costly resources. If you just want to take screenshots, then 20 FPS is no big deal...if you actually want to play the game, I think that's a bit low TBH.

Anyhow...rambling post is rambling.

Good luck buddy!

N~dles

Last edited by noodles1976 on Fri Aug 29 2014, 22:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 20:30

ATM I'm running around 12 I think. The official DLC, my own Mass Effect/Metroid/LOKI mech/Army ants mods, Vault 101 Revisited (I always use this), Project Reality, Apocalypse Armory, Pipboy 2500, Groovatron and a couple of other misc. pose mods for screenshots.

I try to keep it minimal to avoid conflict when working on my mods.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 20:56

Groovatron...i seem not to get it work properly...never...
btw i alkways go around 20-40...sometimes 50 but never below 20...so many things to try out in the net for my good ol' New Vegas ^w^
Back to top Go down
Tactical DropBear

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 21:28

I'm guilty for having 100+ of plugins at times.
I currently have 167 but haven't noticed any performance/stablity issues so far.
and I'm running on a shitty Radeon 7520G GPU A6-4400M APU Laptop.
I ought to start cleaning it up a bit though  
Joy Dance

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyFri Aug 29 2014, 22:24

MoDDeRAus wrote:
I currently have 167 but haven't noticed any performance/stablity issues so far.

It really depends on your system or more importantly, what the plugins are. If you're running a bunch of big mods like AWOP, Vegas Bounties, Project Nevada, FOOK, TTW and a bunch of companion mods like Willow or JIP CC&C in your load order, it's going to take it's toll. If it's just a collection of random custom armor and weapon mods, the impact is less significant because your toon is the only one using that stuff. You could have 200 individual bits and bobs installed and have perfect game play...or just 2 massive mods and it's CTD city every 5 minutes Smile . That's been my experience at least...others may feel differently or have conflicting experiences, but I try to only activate mods for specific character builds. I don't need a ton of female armor mods active when I'm playing a male character and vice versa. It helps to keep track of what you absolutely need for your game and deactivate everything else, not delete or uninstall...I've probably got around 200+ mods installed, but in this current playthrough I'm only using 1/2 of them.

My core set up is TTW with Project Nevada...and then just the random stuff that I enjoy using to enhance the game. For me, having a focused mod build = game stability.

N~dles

Shadowthief

Shadowthief

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 04:26

For my NV i have 120 im trying to cut back on the plugins because its definitely having some weird glitches on my game.
Back to top Go down
UNSniper

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 04:30

i have 110 plugins active i have no problems running fallout

SuperFraggle

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 04:40

I have just just under 100. I should probably clear it out, there are plenty I don't really encounter or use anymore...hehehe.

starkiller130

starkiller130

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 06:58

26 plugins with a frame rate of 20. Hooray for Windows 8!(Seriously I can barely run the damn game)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 07:12

starkiller130 wrote:
26 plugins with a frame rate of 20. Hooray for Windows 8!(Seriously I can barely run the damn game)

If you're getting low FPS, there are countless things that can be responsible for that. ENB, poorly optimized mods, video card issues, HDD problems, etc.

I run Fallout 3 just fine on Windows 8 with an ENB and a number of addons, including some that add tons (as in GBs) of stuff into the game. While I don't play NV much (at all) it runs just as well.

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 07:15

Just checked. I have 49 plugins. I run an ENB, but with ENBoost, I get close to 60FPS. I don't even use MSI Afterburner.
Back to top Go down
starkiller130

starkiller130

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 07:22

Tesvixen wrote:
starkiller130 wrote:

If you're getting low FPS, there are countless things that can be responsible for that.  ENB, poorly optimized mods, video card issues, HDD problems, etc.

I run Fallout 3 just fine on Windows 8 with an ENB and a number of addons, including some that add tons (as in GBs) of stuff into the game.  While I don't play NV much (at all) it runs just as well.

If anything it's just my computer is utter garbage. I've been saving for a decent computer but the day I get enough money can't come sooner
Back to top Go down
lexintun

lexintun

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 18:31

well its is hard to say but i have more than 120 active for sure i play NV loaded with so much mods it crashes every 1 hour 30 percent of the time Very Happy Very Happy .Well for FO3 they are around 75-90 (not surprising! Very Happy) so FO3 is pretty stable compared to my NV
Back to top Go down
MemeMan

MemeMan

Character sheet
Name: John Wrolpe
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts (East Coast Commander 2287)
Level: 89

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? EmptyThu Sep 25 2014, 18:52

not that much since I disable the mods that I don't use
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many plugins do you have active?   How many plugins do you have active? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many plugins do you have active?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next