Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers marvel Gear Mask Ryse body power hunk wolfenstein machine vault gauss ghoul NPCs dead riot boom mandalorian Reforged money khan commonwealth Call Overhaul Armor daryl
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nocthesis

nocthesis

Character sheet
Name: Hazzah
Faction: The Unity
Level: lou tenant

Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Empty
PostSubject: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Hey, I know this is kind of two questions rolled into one, so I hope you don't mind, but I'm compiling a list of mods I'd like to use for my next NV playthrough. One of them that really caught my eye was Spice of Life - because it adds a huge variety of clothing and accessories in amongst the wasteland (and was also PN compatible). But it also requires body replacers, and frankly I've never been able to get them to work properly, nor am I really a massive fan of them. When using Type 3/Type 6 body replacers my female character has a gap inbetween her wrists and her arm when equipping Spice of Life clothing, and it's a requirement to use them. So I guess my question is.. are there any comparable lore-friendly clothing packs that you can use with vanilla assets? I couldn't find any on Nexus, but I'm curious as to whether anybody knows of any here, preferably being PN visor compatible.

Also just another quick question, is Hitman's First Person Animation Overhaul compatible with Weapon's of the New Millenia? I've been getting some very weird clipping and animation with some of the weapons, like the Very Terrible Shotgun and the PPSH, and I know that mod itself reccomends animation replacers (the Professional and the Commando). I guess the same question kinda applies there, if they don't really go well together, are there any similar weapon packs that spawn on levelled lists that work better?

Sorry, I know it's a bit of a long question, it's just these issues have really been bugging me alately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 3:15 am

To answer your first question:

I use type 6 body, and yes it has gaps. I use a 4k glove to cover that and all the trash 512 gloves from vanilla. I'd just do that. If you have issues installing I will help you out.

Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60816/?

And for the second question the answer is yes. Weapons of the New Millenia requires it I believe actually. The mod is made for WNM. I personally don't use it anymore. Missing animations, bugs, ect. Still an amazing resource, but I have my OCD haha!
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 am

If my memory serves me right, there isn't a huge clothing armor pack that just uses vanilla bodies. Its really Breeze and Type 3 or Type 6. What I do in order to make things a bit easier for my life is I get the Breeze AIO mod instead of the one with the various optional files and fixes. Another thing that I did is I compiled the files for Type-3 so that it will be an all-in-one install as well.

Hitman's animation is a bit compatible with WoNM. A bit only. The reason that I said this is because some specific reload animations won't work unless you have a converted mesh of the weapon. For instance, the AK reloads of Hitman won't work immediately for Millenia's AKs. You have to manually convert it first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
nocthesis

nocthesis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 1:13 pm

njmanga097 wrote:
If my memory serves me right, there isn't a huge clothing armor pack that just uses vanilla bodies. Its really Breeze and Type 3 or Type 6. What I do in order to make things a bit easier for my life is I get the Breeze AIO mod instead of the one with the various optional files and fixes. Another thing that I did is I compiled the files for Type-3 so that it will be an all-in-one install as well.

Hitman's animation is a bit compatible with WoNM. A bit only. The reason that I said this is because some specific reload animations won't work unless you have a converted mesh of the weapon. For instance, the AK reloads of Hitman won't work immediately for Millenia's AKs. You have to manually convert it first.
Thanks for the advice guys. I did actually get a response from the mod author of Spice of Life, so I'll have to test it out. Yeah, it's just Hitman's animations seem to be a bit awkward with some of the larger weapons, especially the Shotguns added by WNM. I know this site is renowned for it's weapons, are there any weapon packs here that add them to levelled lists?

EDIT: Ok here are some screenshots of my woes. I couldn't manage to capture the awkward animations before firing, but I hope this can show what I mean about clipping. Do you think it's worth uninstalling WNM/Hitman's Overhaul?
https://imgur.com/a/m6xM9
https://imgur.com/a/1Gocs
https://imgur.com/a/ivAoQ
https://imgur.com/a/6LEu6 (what happens when firing the PPSH)

omg i am getting so stressed about this i really need to get a life lol
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 2:19 pm

@nocthesis That kind of stress with modding is only the beginning my friend. I remember modding the heck out of NV that 90% of the time I just keep tweaking the mods rather than playing the damn game closed eyes smile anyways...

The way I see it, its Hitman's animations that are messing things up. Solution? Uninstall Hitman's animations instead.

Now what's a good replacement? You could get the Ironsight Camera Recoil Remover mod in the New Vegas nexus. The file that you are gonna want would be the one that is for WAR. It's there, you won't have to look too much. I could give you my custom WAR animations without camera recoil through PM instead to make things faster. The only thing I did not include in my custom WAR are the anims for the pistols as I find WAR's pistol anims to be fugly as hell. Once you have installed that mod, you could get "More Realistic Aiming" by Pelinor so that there will be a bit of shake when aiming down sights. Don't worry though, it won't affect your gameplay that much. It is 98% cosmetic. And then to wrap things up, use Immersive Recoil. That mod adds a camera shake whenever you fire your guns and the guns go back to the middle whenever you stop shooting. IMO, that's pretty sick and way better than Real Recoil's custom ini thingy.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Oh my god its so true. With Skyrim I barely actually play. I just mod the shit out of it HAHA!

Also why is immersive recoil better?
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 3:08 pm

When I first used recoil mods, the first thing I noticed was it was mostly making the camera go up whenever you shoot your gun. Pretty simple right? Now here's where Immersive Recoil gets interesting. Instead of just making your gun go up, it resets your gun to its original position; much like how most fps plays out. Another thing that it adds is a camera shake. You know how hitman adds an improved recoil animation for guns? Immersive recoil increases that feel a whole lot more. Also, Immersive Recoil uses your stats as a way to measure how strong the recoil would be. So if you have, let's say, Guns at 25, but then you used the AMR immediately, then you're gonna have a hard time with the recoil as the gun would be going nuts whenever you fire it because you lack the skill to even handle it. That's clearly something Real Recoil wasn't able to do because Real Recoil focuses on ammo-specific recoils. Realistic? Yeah, but for the game? I wouldn't like it. The skill points would then lose their purpose, which is to me, a less fun way to play an RPG.

EDIT: I used Real Recoil back then, but when Immersive Recoil got updated, I never went back. So basically, the mod is like this:

*Smooth recoil like RR, but takes your stats into consideration. Also has a camera shake and gun goes down every after shot.

Last edited by njmanga097 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ughhh god i hate forgetting things)
Back to top Go down
nocthesis

nocthesis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 6:43 pm

@"njmanga097" Thanks for all your help! I'm using Real Recoil rn but I'll take those steps you've suggested Smile You wouldn't mind if I pm you if I get stuck would you? TongueTril

Honestly that clothing pack that's driving me crazy rn. I really like the clothes it offers, but I just can't seem get the wrist gaps to go on my female characters Sad I've tried everything. It only seems to be certain clothes as well. Forget what I said about vanilla bodies only, are there any clothing packs on here which make the wasteland more diverse?
Spoiler:

(also a quick question - is it necessary to download all the separate DLC packs for Type 3 body? I don't really want to clog up my load order with millions of extra mods if it isn't necessary).

oh my god it's honestly sad how stressed I get over fallout modding Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Didn't know immersive recoil got an update. I'll give it another try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation    Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Clothing pack alternatives / First Person Animation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1