Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead Overhaul hunk machine daryl marvel NPCs power gauss riot Superpele Reforged Ryse wolfenstein body boomers mandalorian money khan vault commonwealth ghoul Call Gear Mask boom
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
quicksilver500

Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Empty
PostSubject: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi guys, I'm not all that new to modding but I am fairly new to scripting, having only written one or two fairly short 'if-else' statements. I was wondering how difficult it would be to scan for a certain action, eg. putting on power armour, and once that action is carried out, changing the PC Skeleton and Animations to that of another creature in the game, eg. those of a Super Mutant. Anyone see where I'm going with this...? As I've just mentioned in another thread, I would love to see some better, or at least different animations for Characters in power armour in New Vegas, similar to those in Fallout 4. My thinking is that the animations/skeleton of super mutants are quite similar to the hulking, tankey Fallout 4 armour. The handiest thing is is that all the animations are already in the game, I just need to figure out how to get it to register the PC as a Super Mutant when in power armour and mess around with the armor .nif's until they work? Am I just dreaming here, is what I'm suggesting totally impossible...? I know scripting has it's limits but I thought I'd at least ask, thanks for reading anyway, even if you don't have an answer for me Smile
Back to top Go down
mikeee1111

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 pm

It would be pretty hard, or more like, you will need to have the script.
I am unsure about the super mutant, i think there was a mod once, which make you able to play as some of the creatures (it may have been for another game, cannot remember exactly), but if i remember well, if for example, you would be able to play as a super-mutant, it would play exactly as if you were playing a normal human character but with a bigger size, and it is possible to change the size using console commands.

So in the end, it would be pretty hard, you would have to create those animations first.
And i am not good enough to help you with that, you should probably ask the great animations modders such as hitman47101, he could help you a lot more than i or any of us could.

Just to let you know that yes, it would be hard and it would take lot of time, that is guarantee.

It sure would be a great mod though, good idea.

- Gandalf the Bla- I mean the white.
Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Source
Back to top Go down
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 1:09 am

what do you mean by I'd need to have the script?
Also, as I said before, the animations are all there, the super mutants already have animations in teh base game, 1st person animations can be normal, it's the 3rd person ones that need to be tankey, and I'd be using the super mutant animations for those...?

Thanks for the reply though man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeee1111

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 3:44 am

quicksilver500 wrote:
what do you mean by I'd need to have the script?
Also, as I said before, the animations are all there, the super mutants already have animations in teh base game, 1st person animations can be normal, it's the 3rd person ones that need to be tankey, and I'd be using the super mutant animations for those...?

Thanks for the reply though man Very Happy

I mean, you will need to know what you're doing, like, the code if you want, the text for the script.
And yeah, that makes more sense, but i prefer to play in first person and i think that most of the players does too so.
Perhaps it would not be as hard as i thought, if i remember well, you could simply be changing the animations of when wearing a power armor, it may or may not need a script, not sure, i had a long day so i do not really remember, you could always check it out on the GECK, you will find your answer there.
I could check it too if i have some time free.

Either way, good luck!

Back to top Go down
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 am

Thanks for the help man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeee1111

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 pm

quicksilver500 wrote:
Thanks for the help man! Very Happy

You are welcome.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script   Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing PC Skeleton/Animations on the fly via script

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1