Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel vault khan machine dead boomers money Ryse body mandalorian power gauss commonwealth riot NPCs boom wolfenstein Gear Reforged ghoul Call hunk Overhaul Mask daryl Armor
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
good Mod manager? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
good Mod manager? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
good Mod manager? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
good Mod manager? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
good Mod manager? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
good Mod manager? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
good Mod manager? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
good Mod manager? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
good Mod manager? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
good Mod manager? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
good Mod manager? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
good Mod manager? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
good Mod manager? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
good Mod manager? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
good Mod manager? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
good Mod manager? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
good Mod manager? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
good Mod manager? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
good Mod manager? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
good Mod manager? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

good Mod manager?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 1:57 am

hello im new at the whole modding thing and have only used NMM in the past any help or suggestions would be great all posts are greatly respected most ov my modding will be either fallout new vegas/tales ov two wastelands thank you all!

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
rower97

rower97

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 2:13 am

This version of FOMM http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991/? works perfectly for me, and it will be updated when TTW 3 comes out, as indicated in the description.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 2:35 am

@"rower97" witch OS would you recommend using this with windows 7 or 10? Thanks for the post by the way man!

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
rower97

rower97

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 6:30 am

No problem Smile.It works fine with both I believe, but from what I've heard Windows 7 is better for gaming, particularly older games like Fallout 3/New Vegas. ENB doesn't work properly for some people with Windows 10, for example.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

A good chunk of ENB that I've seen, or at least the one that I use, has a specific file for Windows 10 users for compatibility. So if you're going to be using ENB mods, just check to see that they have a compatability file or something so that it works.

As for a mod manager, I'm not 100% certain how TTW works or installs so I can't give any tips on that, but I recently started a fresh New Vegas playthrough and switched all of my mods except for a few finicky ones such as Project Nevada and Mod Configuration Menu, over to the NMM and it works beautifully. But since you mentioned you already use NMM, I'm going to guess that TTW doesn't work so good with it? Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm just taking a guess. You could always use Fallout Mod Manager as mentioned earlier in conjunction with NMM. That's what I do and it works just fine and makes installing and uninstalling more run of the mill armor and quest mods very easy.

Hope I helped in some way, if I can help with anymore let me know Smile

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 am

@"rower97" thanks again for replying again! But im like you at the moment im the page ov windows 7 right now as im building my own {first} rig and the majority ov the games wont be much earlier then new vegas only real game i would play is fallout 4 but that's stretching it so like i said mostly NV so i on the windows 7 side ov the fence @"Grimmex" hey man thanks for posting! well sounds like im just going to just hope off the fence on to the windows 7 side i sorta was from the start but i needed to hear counsel on the subject. Now on the matter ov mod managers iv seen a lot ov videos on youtube on how to install TTW and other mods using the Fallout mod manager with NMM but the video was a year old and seeing as the PC world and tech is always changing i just wanted to make sure before hand but thanks for your inut man like i said all posts/replys are much respected and very helpful.

Back to top Go down
SixShooter

SixShooter

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 am

Oblivion - OBMM
F3/FNV - FOMM
Skyrim - Mod Organizer
Fallout 4 - NMM(For now, I dislike NMM in general but everything else is kinda broken at the moment.)

Grimmex

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:11 pm

shocktrooper666 wrote:
@rower97 thanks again for replying again! But im like you at the moment im the page ov windows 7 right now as im building my own {first} rig and the majority ov the games wont be much earlier then new vegas only real game i would play is fallout 4 but that's stretching it so like i said mostly NV so i on the windows 7 side ov the fence @Grimmex hey man thanks for posting! well sounds like im just going to just hope off the fence on to the windows 7 side i sorta was from the start but i needed to hear counsel on the subject. Now on the matter ov mod managers iv seen a lot ov videos on youtube on how to install TTW and other mods using the Fallout mod manager with NMM but the video was a year old and seeing as the PC world and tech is always changing i just wanted to make sure before hand but thanks for your inut man like i said all posts/replys are much respected and very helpful.

No problem, I hope you get everything sorted and have an awesome time playing! Smile

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm

I´m using modorganizer on f3/fnv/oblivion/skyrim, keeping my data folder clean =)

good Mod manager? NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 8:42 pm

SixShooter wrote:
Oblivion - OBMM
F3/FNV - FOMM
Skyrim - Mod Organizer
Fallout 4 - NMM(For now, I dislike NMM in general but everything else is kinda broken at the moment.)

Why would you use FOMM ? MO works just as good or even better....
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:37 pm

@"SixShooter" thanks for posting man haha im trying to get this whole thing sorted out im just coming out ov NMM and so far everyone has been great on the advice @"Grimmex" me to bro i suppose in time ill get a hang ov it haha @"DumbleCore" clean? sorry man im new to the whole thing im starting to get the knowing ov it but its slow going haha @"LukaTheJawa"  maybe he just prefers to use that program and is used to it because if i was used to something and i could make it work just as good as a new program id stick with what i know till i had to move on instead ov moving to something new and having no knowing ov how it works like i said earlier maybe it's just what he prefers man OH by the way if your going to keep posting on my posts please post something that helps the subject not argue or point out how something is bad give reasons and facts to back up thanks for posting!

Back to top Go down
DumbleCore

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 am

@shocktrooper666 clean means that no mods are installed directly to your data folder, everything is in seperate folders handled through modorganizer. When i started modding i just threw everything in the data folder, well my installation was a mess then i had to reinstall, not only once =D so i´d give MO a try, for me the best modding solution, not even your fallout.ini is touched cuz modorganizer handles a seperate one

Just check the vid

good Mod manager? NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 2:47 am

@"DumbleCore" "When i started modding i just threw everything in the data folder" the feels bro the feels haha that was pretty much me in the early days when i started on my old HP laptop with NMM {yes i know bare with me closed eyes smile} but thanks for the vid link ill check it out @"DarkPopulous" from what iv seen from the posts so far it seems pretty clean cut user friendly once you get the hang ov it and thanks for the posts and the videos {hopefully ill learn a bit from em} guys it means a ton when trying to figure all this out makes ya wanna climb the walls when your new to it closed eyes smile

Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 3:03 am

Go for Mod Organizer. The mods get activated via a simple tick of a box so you won't have to wait like you would in NMM, the Data folder won't be touched so if you feel like deleting all the mods and start again you won't have to do a clean install.
It may be a bit overwhelming for new users but check the suggestion of @"DarkPopulous". Dirty Weasel Media helped me get a hang of this mod manager.

shin8651

shin8651

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 pm

SSE, FO4 - Mod Organizer 2.x
Skyrim, FO3,FNV - Mod Organizer 1.3x

I have used NMM but troubleshooting conflicts is a deal breaker for me. Also the inability to cleanup your data folder is a nightmare. I do admitt a pretty step learning curve required and you gotta know what your doing.
Back to top Go down
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Fallout 4 - NMM, because originally it was the only mod manager that supported F4 back in the day. So I just grew accustomed to it.

Skyrim - NMM, I find it simple to use with Skyrim and it was the very first mod manager I used with the game, and I prefer it to the others for this game. I also use it for SSE.

Fallout: New Vegas - I use Fallout Mod Manager, because NMM does not have as great a grasp on mods for this game. For textures I mostly manually install them, due to texture problems I have had in the past with the game.

Oblivion - I use Oblivion Mod Manager for it because it works better than the NMM for installation, and most Oblivion mod install scrips do not work for NMM.

good Mod manager? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Mod Organizer is the best and will always remain the best. I just love the simplicity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good Mod manager? Empty
PostSubject: Re: good Mod manager?   good Mod manager? Empty

Back to top Go down

good Mod manager?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1